Driver Of Sedan In Bangkok Horror Road Accident Was A 16-Year Old Girl

webfact

http://www2.manager....D=9530000182495 . . . I think you are all wrong. According to Yellow hi-so PAD Manager.co.th, the van was modified to put in a heavy NGV tank at the back, casing it to be unstable and flip over. Also, there is evident, red paint mark on the Honda sedan, mean that possibly, another red car is the cause of the accident, collided with Honda, which then have to choice but to collided with the van. The van should NOT be on the road in the first place, since it was MODIFIED with a NGV tank. Please leave the poor girl alone. She is innocent, and have the physical & metal ability to txt message while over-taking, unlike some old drivers could could not single task; let along multi-task. Please remember that children are our future. Teach them well and let them lead the way. Show them all the beauty they possess inside. Give them a sense of pride ...

have you been drinking ??? whats the above all about...

whatever happened.. 7 people lost there lives..please admit to bad driving in this country... , if the young girls car had been damaged there has been reason.. ??

if you do not know what i am on about.. have a walk outside your house.. and LOOK AT THE STANDARD OF DRIVING....

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

IT WOULD SEEM IT IS. AS OTHER PEOPLE STATE THEY SAW IT.

Is that supposed to be a convincing argument for the tweet's legitimacy?

The fact that the Twitter account has been hidden is telling though, surely?

The deceased are deceased and the families are the only ones that now can deserve justice but most would much rather see themselves and their family get something positive from the death in terms of money. Looking up a girl who made a horrendous mistake without knowing anything as to her state of mind or if she has past incidents of recklessness really would serve nobody at this point unless they have a westernized and revengeful nature. We simply just do not know all the facts this soon into things and much of what is being posted is rumors and misinformation to insight people simply because this girl's parent's last name.

Instead of demanding the head of a minor, people should be asking how she came to be behind the wheel and if an adult allowed her to drive knowing her age.

I have read all of Nisa's posts and have yet to see a single statement which isn't clearly valid? I completely understand the emotions in play, but people must understand children are children. The issue here simply has to be a discussion about children driving motor vehicles that can (and quite often) kill. It should not be a discussion demanding this girl be made an example out of, on the basis of her last name (though I completely sympathise with the sentiment, I just feel anger directed at a child is tragically misplaced) and from the alleged (seemingly brutally cold) Tweet she ostensibly authored (medical shock is SERIOUS BUSINESS - you cannot make judgements about the girl from anything she wrote whilst clearly in serious shock - a cold reaction laughing at unspeakable horror is actually very much the expectation and even the function served by the human body going into shock).

I might be speaking from a position of bias as I very nearly partly contributed to a similar horrific accident at her age. Zero malice or 'criminal negligence' involved (not from us kids, in any case - the RTA were probably culpable in licensing us), just sheer childish inexperience (both drivers), neither of us were qualified to drive, we were just kids who shouldn't have been at the wheels. Everyone emerged from the cars without a scratch via sheer luck, but it could easily have been...shudder. Both of us were in shock and laughing idiotically immediately following the near-disaster, and I'm quite certain neither of us were 'bad', 'cold' or even 'irresponsible' kids - shock is serious business,. We spent the day dry-retching in horror when we came to. As this girl might well have, once the shock subsided.

Tragic stuff all-round. RIP

Yes but it's not just about that is it? it's about the culture here of irresponsibility - letting kids ride bikes and drive cars - paying people off if they get caught or cause damage etc. In this case it just highlights the total cultural irresponsibility and that's why there has been such a reaction - she's just a catalyst. This sort of thing could happen everyday of the week - the driving here is appalling - most of it lack of education and training but most of it sheer selfishness. Tragic... wasteful loss of life.

totally agree with you.. EDUCATION GOES A LONG WAY.... IN MOST THINGS..NOT JUST DRIVING...

forget money for Gods sake! 8 lives have been lost - money is irrelevant - you are so materilistically inclined

Money is irrelevant? In Thailand? New here are we?

CLASS I LOVE YOUR REPLY... CLASS...

of course money is relevant here in THAILAND..

you both have missed the point entirely - re-read the post??? hmmm??? not drunk your coffee yet? I was posting that we should not be thinking about the dead peoples family's getting money and 'all is well' we should concentrate on the tragic loss of young lives in that van! I never suggested money wasn't number ONE here it obviously IS.

I wonder if the insurance will pay in the case of an unlicensed driver driving the vehicle?

I can confirm that insurance company will not pay, it is the victims responsibility to negotiate or sue to get compensation if driver has no driving licence or is otherwise illegally behind the wheel. The reason why most police and your insurance company will recommend you to keep quiet if you are hit by a drunk driver in Thailand, you get no compensation from the insurance company if you don't

Just out of curiousity, if the girl was driving legaly would it make a difference to the way many of you view this person? It seems quite a hate mob has formed..... I must be missing something but why is it her fault? Most mini bus drivers over here are insane: maybe it was the mini bus drivers fault?

She is a 16 year old kid involved in a road accident yet most people here seem to hold her in the same bracket as a serial killer.

And all this talk of using twitter is total crap. There could be a hundred reasons why she was using the phone. Calling/texting her parents springs to mind as the most obvious.

One poster even condemed her because she had the clarity of mind to grab her bag from the car. What on earth is wrong with that? She probably needed her bag to grab her phone for christs sake!

There was a series of pics of the CCTV that appear to show her changing lane into the rear of the mini bus causing it to lose control.

Fair enough, I didnt realize that to be honest.

Just out of curiousity, if the girl was driving legaly would it make a difference to the way many of you view this person? It seems quite a hate mob has formed..... I must be missing something but why is it her fault? Most mini bus drivers over here are insane: maybe it was the mini bus drivers fault?

She is a 16 year old kid involved in a road accident yet most people here seem to hold her in the same bracket as a serial killer.

And all this talk of using twitter is total crap. There could be a hundred reasons why she was using the phone. Calling/texting her parents springs to mind as the most obvious.

One poster even condemed her because she had the clarity of mind to grab her bag from the car. What on earth is wrong with that? She probably needed her bag to grab her phone for christs sake!

"Most mini bus drivers over here are insane: maybe it was the mini bus drivers fault?"

Given that that the mini-van driver is a 39-year-old female professional driver, with a licence one would assume, and one poster has indicated that she was a reasonable driver, who has suffered a high speed impact to the rear of her vehicle resulting in her death, said impact being caused by a 16-year-old unlicenced driver of a vehicle with much higher braking capability than the van, then yes, I will give the van driver the benefit of the doubt unless it can be proven that she reversed into the Honda.

Have a look at the picture of the Honda - this was no tap.

How many serial killers score 8 victims?

Again, fair enough. I didnt realize the full details. Thanks.

I think we should take a step back - this girl is 18 years old.

How do you extract a powerful person from this situation ?

Say she is 16 years old - making her unaccountable for her actions.

Yes her father is big, and yes they censored everything even though that first pic of her' bb'ing still leaked. She is not 16, it even seems that obvious when you see her leaning with her miniskirt on the BB. Remember how even a few initial reports said the driver was 18? And yes the comments on her twitter are true and have been spotting/read by many people. Too bad so many people here are able to live outside the law. 400b fine for 8 deaths ehhh

How did she age 2 years in the last couple of days? Everything I have read had led me to believe that she is 16. You now vehemently point out that she is 18. Is this fact or your opinion? Why has no one else come out and cleared the air on her age?

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/429603-driver-of-sedan-in-bangkok-horror-road-accident-was-a-16-year-old-girl/

Just because the girl comes from a certain family doesn't mean the laws and views need to be applied differently and it seems few people are waiting for facts before assuming she is going to get off without any punishment. She may be a selfish girl who cares little about this incident but she may also be suffering greatly now and for the rest of her life because of it ... how can we know what is going on in her head then or now?

Not to disparage what you have said, as I agree with most of it. If I had been the one driving and caused such horrific devastation I doubt I would have behaved any differently than the 16 year old girl, and we can all be careless and make mistakes. There but for the grace of God go I and all that. However, don't get overly generous here. I think it is extremely unlikely this person will suffer any serious consequences for her behavior. We can wait to be sure, but please don't start trying to convince any of us that someone like this is going to receive the same treatment that your or me or the average Somchai would receive in this situation. She may or may not have the moral character to feel bad about what she has done. We will probably never know.

But I can essentially guarantee that neither she nor whoever authorized her to drive that vehicle will be severely punished for that reprehensible act. There is a 2 tier justice system in this country, like it or not. And if she isn't personally devastated about what she has done, it means that there will be no justice for the victims. I don't like it, but that is the way it is. You are mistaken if you think this is not true.

That is something that should be mentioned, because such a cultural reality is a blight on this country. It is not an overreaction by a bunch of curmudgeons on Thai Visa.

Very sensible post indeed.

Your second para is so accurate.I wonder whether TAWP will be indicating his agreement on this occasion.

I think we should take a step back - this girl is 18 years old.

How do you extract a powerful person from this situation ?

Say she is 16 years old - making her unaccountable for her actions.

Yes her father is big, and yes they censored everything even though that first pic of her' bb'ing still leaked. She is not 16, it even seems that obvious when you see her leaning with her miniskirt on the BB. Remember how even a few initial reports said the driver was 18? And yes the comments on her twitter are true and have been spotting/read by many people. Too bad so many people here are able to live outside the law. 400b fine for 8 deaths ehhh

Go back and read post #202. The Nation states that the driver was indeed the 16 year-old and the police state that this person is facing charges.

Then go and make some coffee.

Then read the entire thread.

PS. Skinny legs. She's 16.

Last nights newscast said that the insurance company would be paying 200 thousand to each of the accident victim. However, if it was found that the cause of the accident was the minivan in which 8 persons died, the insurance company would be paying 1 million for each victim that perished. fishy-fishy...

Last nights newscast said that the insurance company would be paying 200 thousand to each of the accident victim. However, if it was found that the cause of the accident was the minivan in which 8 persons died, the insurance company would be paying 1 million for each victim that perished. fishy-fishy...

Maybe the minivan has better insurance than the Honda?

hmm I highly doubt this. I'm going back to read my insurance policy, but if I can recall correctly, if I lent my car to someone without a drivers license then I would be completely liable... insurance company off the hook.

PM Assures Prosecution against Reckless Driver

The prime minister dismissed concerns that the underage driver of a car involved in the accident in which eight passengers of a van on the Don Muang Tollway will be able to escape prosecution using a reputable surname.

Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva told the press about a tragic accident in which a 16 year old driver was involved in an accident with a passenger van, which killed eight people.

With regards to the public’s concerns that the authorities will not be able to bring the underage driver to justice as she bears the last name of an 'elite' family, Abhisit said that no one is above the law.

When asked if he can assure the public that the reckless driver will not escape prosecution, Abhisit said the authorities will have to be thorough in the case.

The press went on to ask about law enforcement, as the driver is only 16 years old.

The premier said the government is trying to raise awareness about road safety by encouraging the motorists to seriously abide by the law and to drive carefully, since most accidents are caused by reckless driving.

tanlogo.jpg

-- Tan Network 2010-12-30

footer_n.gif

Info about the Thai criminal system for minors:

6. Juvenile Justice System

Thai law limits children’s criminal responsibility by their age. Children under 7 years old are not liable to criminal punishment. Those between 7 and 14 are not liable to any punishment either, but the law gives the court the option to use juvenile procedures, depending on the children’s behaviour and environment and other mitigating circumstances, thereby giving the children an opportunity to turn over a new leaf rather than punishing them severely as a deterrent. Above that age (15 years and older), youths may have to face criminal punishment, but the court may use its discretion to reduce the sentence.

In provinces where there are Juvenile and Family Courts or Juvenile and Family Sections, the juvenile justice system is applied including: rehabilitation, vocational training and family reunion. However, in provinces with no such structure, adult procedures will be applied according to the nature and the extent of the offences, with the exception of the sentencing stage when the juvenile justice standard is allowed by the law.

The death penalty and life imprisonment cannot be applied to children and youth and the punishment cannot be increased due to repeated offences.

The law gives the investigating officer the right to detain the child for not more than 24 hours and will then have to speedily send the child to an Observation and Protection Centre where the child will be provided with appropriate accommodation. Child offenders have a right to bail during the investigation or during the trial. The bail procedures or criteria for bail application are not as complicated as the ones applied to adult offenders.

Sentencing of a child offender. The Juvenile and Family Court or the regular court may exercise the

following discretion in its decision:

(i) If the child commits a minor offence and his or her conduct is not damaging, the court may admonish and then release the child unconditionally;

(ii) If there are mitigating circumstances and the child’s conduct is not too damaging, the court may consign the child to the care of his or her parents or legal guardian or the person with whom the child has been living on condition that they pledge a bond with security;

(iii) If the circumstances of the offence are violent and the child’s conduct is damaging, but the child does not deserve a sentence of criminal punishment, the court may consign the child to the care of parents, legal guardian or the person with whom the child has been living, subject to a bond with security and probation;

(iv) If the circumstances of the offence are violent and the child’s conduct requires correction, the court may order the child to be detained in an Observation and Protection Center for a certain period of time which must not last longer than the offender’s twenty-fourth birthday. Alternatively, the court may order a maximum or minimum period of training at the Center;

(v) If the circumstances of the offence are as serious as an adult’s and the child’s conduct is very damaging and not conducive to the application of juvenile procedures, the court may sentence the child to prison but the sentence must be reduced proportionally.

Treatment of juvenile offenders after the sentence. When the Juvenile and Family Court or regular court has passed a judgment on the child, if the child’s behaviour later improves, the court may reconsider the case and order a better treatment for the child or youth offender. On the contrary, if the child’s behaviour deteriorates, the court may instigate new controls on the child.

In a case where the court hands over the child to his parents, guardian or to the person with whom the child resides, the court may determine the conditions for controlling behaviour of the child in the same manner as provided in the Penal Code section 56. In such case the court shall appoint a probation officer or any other official to control the behaviour of the child."

Source: Thailawonline

http://www.thailawonline.com/en/others/criminal-law.html

With 30 to 40 killed on the roads here every day why has this incident turned into such another soap opera?

Is it ridiculous to hope that the high profile of this incident may in some way change Thai drivers behaviour...

Retorical question, I know it is...

Daewoo

<quote name='Nisa' timestamp='1293635149' post='4117009'>

The deceased are deceased and the families are the only ones that now can deserve justice but most would much rather see themselves and their family get something positive from the death in terms of money. Looking up a girl who made a horrendous mistake without knowing anything as to her state of mind or if she has past incidents of recklessness really would serve nobody at this point unless they have a westernized and revengeful nature. We simply just do not know all the facts this soon into things and much of what is being posted is rumors and misinformation to insight people simply because this girl's parent's last name.

Instead of demanding the head of a minor, people should be asking how she came to be behind the wheel and if an adult allowed her to drive knowing her age.

</quote>

so here we go - dead are dead give me the money? that's what you are suggesting? it's 'positive' to get paid? who cares about justice? what a materialist point of view - shared by many I'm sure but disgusting none-the-less

Not sure where I suggested anything except that we should wait for the facts to come out.

But if I was one of the dead I would certainly hope something came out of this positive such as my family having a big pay day and would have very little concern about seeing a 16-year old being imprisoned unless she likely posed a future risk to others. In fact, if she is like most 16 year old girls, I hope she gets a lot of help in dealing with this very tragic ACCIDENT she was almost certainly responsible for causing.

Yes Nisa, but an accident caused by CRIMINAL NEGLIGENCE. That is the problem which you are ignoring. I don't say off with the girl's head, but both she and the parent who allowed it to happen need to serve time behind bars. Money won't do anything to prevent a tragedy like this from happening again in the future.

Nothing to say that her going to jail is going to help anything and would likely cause her to become a worse person at societies expense. Compensating the victim's family is a positive. Her going to jail is not going to help the family unless they only want revenge and that is neither a normal Thai or Buddhist attribute to these types of accidents especially caused by a 16-year old girl. There can be no "criminal negligence" on the part of a minor, in most countries, but this certainly could apply to an adult who allowed her to drive. Most minors are negligent by nature and why they are not held to the same level of responsibility as adults. We don't know anything about the kind of person this girl is and what she needs in the form or help to prevent this in the future. What we are seeing is a bunch of people angry over a tragic accident and trying acting emotionally and seeing conspiracies and spreading false information just days after an accident. As I have stated a number of times ... wait for the facts to come out. We should also wait to hear what the people directly effected by this accident have to say and what they would consider justice.

Interesting discussion you 2 have :)

It is very true that the Thais see no justice in punishing people for accidents, that is deeply rooted here. It is even coloured in their language. Look up the word mean = rai in a dictionary, then throw the dictionary away or start a fire with it. Westerners involve the - reason - Thais simply see to the situation and don't care about irrelevant things like the reason. When a mass murderer chops up his 79th victim, then that is rai, when a puppy runs out on a motorway and gets run over by an 18 wheeler that couldn't stop in time, then that's rai... Westerners see that driver that by accident caused the accident must be punished to get justice, Thais see no justice in punishing for accident...

IF we want to change things in the country we have moved TO.. to a what? A better place? then of course things will change in Thailand if owner of the car is charged with criminal negligence and the underage driver is faced with civil charges and made accountable for that she has done, accident or not is of course irrelevant with western eyes - Thailand implements this policy and Thailand will change over time. Good? Up to you to decide

Perhaps both the driver and the owner should spend time behind bars, doesn't have to be years but should they spend some time on the inside? I think they should actually. Then they should both separately have to tour schools - community service. Some say that's not helping the victims but I think it really is, as is money so money should be paid too. The solution has to be practical, I have no problems with weekly jail sentences for smaller crimes and I like very long jail sentences for repeat offenders. And I have no problem with the more practical way that Thais see justice either, within reason

My first wife sat at the back of a pickup truck going to a friends wedding in the mid 90s (some 20 poeple totally in 2 pickups), the driver was driving like an idiot overtaking left and right. Then he overtood on the hard shoulder and hit a motorcycle driver who had stopped with a flat tire and my ex actually saw the body of the driver flying over her (over the car) and land behind the car. The driver floored it but only got a few kilometers, then the pickup overheated because the radiator was shot, they then abandoned the car. The police contacted the owner of the car of course (the driver himself) a day or so later and 50,000 bath to the victim was negotiated, nothing to the police, and the issue was closed. If Thailand had implemented 1 to 2 year jail sentences for drivers like the one I describe 15 years ago, then todays hot issue would possibly never have happened. But I myself am still happy they didn't. But they could have done more

I don't think that we have to wait until facts come out before confirming that she is guilty, she was born 2537 and she is thereby guilty, issue closed. She is not guilty of involuntary manslaughter. Yet. We will never be able to confirm if she is or not because the information will never come out.

Wasn't it the girls mother I saw on TV this morning? She talked about that it was legal for 16 year olds to drive in America and the girl was already used to driving. This is Thailand, if you don't like the laws here, then leave, go and live in America both of you. I dislike people who come to Thailand and want to change Thailand, suppose that goes for Thais who go to school abroad and then come back on the holidays as well.

Thinking of it, it was a doctor with the honourable surname Na Ayuthaya who treated me for malaria in 1993, soft spoken guy who spoke with a British accent. Perhaps the Na Ayuthayas are not all bad, then perhaps the girl driver is not all bad either...

But she should not have been standing the way she did messaging only a few minutes after the accident, instead of showing empathy, helping if she could or just being there ready to help if she couldn't. That was very bad. And fairly typical. I have seen that attitude (mainly from the rich in Thailand) before, nothing strange with it. That is the way she was brought up, then, should we blame her parents maybe?

With 30 to 40 killed on the roads here every day why has this incident turned into such another soap opera?

Because, as was confirmed by several Thai tweeters that themselves was pushing the hate-page, they saw it as a political issue. Include to that several foreigners, as Andrew Spooner etc, pushing the 'political' side of it. Even if there is no merit to it yet.

Is that supposed to be a convincing argument for the tweet's legitimacy?

The fact that the Twitter account has been hidden is telling though, surely?

Uh, no, if she wanted to hide bad Tweets she would just remove them...hiding the feed is to allow her to keep her normal feed towards her friends or not have people read back on non-important ones and just use them as tools to trash her. "Oh, she tweeted that she went to hairdresser 7 times in October!" - Or along those lines etc etc.

But she should not have been standing the way she did messaging only a few minutes after the accident, instead of showing empathy, helping if she could or just being there ready to help if she couldn't. That was very bad. And fairly typical. I have seen that attitude (mainly from the rich in Thailand) before, nothing strange with it. That is the way she was brought up, then, should we blame her parents maybe?

Respectable opinion and post up until the above comments. The girl is in the hospital now and she was obviously very shaken during the accident ... just look at her car. We don't know who she was calling or what she was doing or thinking in this photo that captures her sometime after the accident for about 1/30th of a second. As for her not "standing the way she did ' that is just silly. Why not condemn the person who took the photo of her? Were they helping people? Were they just involved in a horrific accident in which their car was totaled? The girl is 16 years old and now we want her to behave like a combat veteran after being in a horrific accident when she is likely in some form of shock.

Also not sure how anything can be said yet about the girls guilt beyond driving w/o a DL which carries a max. penalty of a fine. Nobody yet has determined the cause of the accident. And according to many here she should be in jail before that is determined and even if found not responsible should still go to jail because that means the report is a lie.

Edited by Nisa

http://en.wikipedia....e_United_States . . . . "In states, the minimum age to obtain a driver's license varies from 14 years, three months in South Dakota to as high as 17 in New Jersey." Age is not an issue. She is capable of driving. Not sure if driving plus blogging at the same time though.

In most states you need to be over 16 to have full driving privileges such as driving at night, driving without an adult or driving on the highway. There is no state that allows unrestricted driving for those under 16. I also believe in every state you are required to take courses and pass a drivers education class to get a DL under 18. Some states even restrict the DL of people under 21 or 18. Most states are also leaning towards increasing the age to drive because of pressure from insurance companies and accident rates of young drivers. Places that permit kids to drive at 14 usually are farming states where they are permitted to drive the family farm equipment.

Edited by Nisa

TO ALL WHO KEEP REPLYING TO PIENGRUDEE'S TROLL post:

Have you never listened to Whitney Houston in your life?

"I believe the children are our are future

Teach them well and let them lead the way

Show them all the beauty they possess inside

Give them a sense of pride to make it easier..."

Please stop quoting and replying to it. Thanks.

I have read all of Nisa's posts and have yet to see a single statement which isn't clearly valid? I completely understand the emotions in play, but people must understand children are children.

Tragic stuff all-round. RIP

Just that a 16 year old is not a child in Thailand, children stop being children when they are 15 in Thailand

Symptoms of acute stress reaction

The symptoms show great variation but typically include an initial state of "daze", with some constriction of the field of consciousness and narrowing of attention, inability to comprehend stimuli, and disorientation.This state may be quickly followed by either further withdrawal from the surrounding situation (to the extent of a dissociative stupor), or by agitation and overeactivity, anxiety, impaired judgement, confusion, detachment, and depression. Autonomic signs of panic anxiety (tachycardia, sweating, flushing) are also commonly present.The symptoms usually appear within minutes of the impact of the stressful stimulus or event, and disappear within 2–3 days (often within hours). Partial or complete amnesia for the episode may be present.

I incorrectly referred to ASR as "medical shock" earlier. But I'm surprised at how few people have experienced sensory shutdown following a traumatic event.

Anyone who thinks they could emerge from that wreck and be fully or even moderately functional is not operating in a completely functional manner. It will almost certainly be the single most traumatic experience of the girl's life. Most people will never come close to experiencing that level of trauma.

Uh, no, if she wanted to hide bad Tweets she would just remove them...hiding the feed is to allow her to keep her normal feed towards her friends or not have people read back on non-important ones and just use them as tools to trash her. "Oh, she tweeted that she went to hairdresser 7 times in October!" - Or along those lines etc etc.

Ah thanks. I don't use Twitter obviously...that makes sense.

http://en.wikipedia....e_United_States . . . . "In states, the minimum age to obtain a driver's license varies from 14 years, three months in South Dakota to as high as 17 in New Jersey." Age is not an issue. She is capable of driving. Not sure if driving plus blogging at the same time though.

Referencing US contradictions on this particular issue isn't exactly a strong position to argue from.

14-16 years = can legally drive an automotive travelling at speeds as high as 80 mph(?) and capable of travelling much, much faster without factory-installed speed limiters.

21 years = legal drinking age.

18 years = conscription / draft age.

18 years = voting rights.

18 years = can buy a firearm.

16-18 = age of consent.

18-21 = marry without parental consent.

14 = can legally work.

21 = can gamble.

At 14 or 15 across most of the US, a kid gets given keys to a car. This is insanity. 99% of 21 year old's don't have the level of maturity driving requires. 100% don't have adequate experience but that's obviously a bit more complex.

We don't want them...gambling...however. Think of the damage they could do if allowed to play charity bingo before they're 21!