Charin Resort

Tywais

On the streangth of the recomendation of the pies I decided that it was time to try them. On sunday we bought 4 pieces 2 apple and two chocolate at 45baht a piece and they were every bit as delicious as I had been told..his time when we went to Chiangrai.

Today on our return we went and bought 8 pieces. The girl came with more pies than my wife ordered and said 450 baht. My wife told them there was a mistake and the girl rather snappily said it is what she ordered. My wife said no and checked and indicated the ones she did not order. The girl said she did order them but was told by the cashier to take them away. My wife left the resturaunt feeling she never wanted to return...maybe they were more interested in dealing with the hiso thais there. I am left knowing there are great pies there but with the disgusting service unwilling to return and buy more for fear of another similar episode.

I have eaten there and bought pie there many times and never found the service to be disgusting.

Maybe you are calling me a liar.

I will not stand my wife being treated in that manner.

I won't stand for it either , if you won't stand for it

G

:whistling:

Edited by Gonzo the Face

On the streangth of the recomendation of the pies I decided that it was time to try them. On sunday we bought 4 pieces 2 apple and two chocolate at 45baht a piece and they were every bit as delicious as I had been told..his time when we went to Chiangrai.

Today on our return we went and bought 8 pieces. The girl came with more pies than my wife ordered and said 450 baht. My wife told them there was a mistake and the girl rather snappily said it is what she ordered. My wife said no and checked and indicated the ones she did not order. The girl said she did order them but was told by the cashier to take them away. My wife left the resturaunt feeling she never wanted to return...maybe they were more interested in dealing with the hiso thais there. I am left knowing there are great pies there but with the disgusting service unwilling to return and buy more for fear of another similar episode.

I have eaten there and bought pie there many times and never found the service to be disgusting.

Or maybe you have trouble reading.

He offered his own experience at the place. My experience about the service was neither particularly bad or particularly good. Someone could have been having a bad day; it happens. No matter how bad someone's day though, there is no way I would personally pay for something I didn't order, especially not something that's as easily put back into a fridge as a pie.

Why are food topics so contentious I wonder. You'd think food was in critical short supply in Northern Thailand.

I simply told my experience.

Since you will not stand for your wife being treated in that manner, what did you do about it at the time? Please do tell us so that we can know what we might do if we encounter a similar situation?

I simply told my experience.

Since you will not stand for your wife being treated in that manner, what did you do about it at the time? Please do tell us so that we can know what we might do if we encounter a similar situation?

As I did not find out the full story until we were already started back to ChiangMai and as we had an important commitment in CM to make I could not complain to the owner in person at that time. On my return I did try to contact the owner by email however their website does not contain an email address. I posted an honest review here. I may try to contact the owner on my next trip///which is about weekly. It may be just staff but training and the actions of staff is a corporate responibility and I have no dificulty blaming the place for the actions of its staff.

Edited by harrry