Nok Air!

Dario

Dario . . .As someone who used to work for years with chargebacks for Visa & Mastercard I can call you your bank will just laugh at your ineptitude, same as the guys on this forum are doing.

Unfortunately, there isn't a charge back for changing your mind or doing something without reading the instructions. ( If there were banks would be out of business pretty quickly.)

'THEFT' ?????what theft has occurred?...you made a mistake and expect someone else to pay for it.....grow up and move on.

Well same topic but a little different Air asia cancelled my flight within 2hr of departure from Udon to bkk.

I had to ask for the refund at bkk this was credited to my card but this was done at the slowest pace possible & reluctantly I would add.

The desk was busy sorting out others, I noted they always needed confirmation to go ahead with refunds to the ticket holder....from a another source. I must say there was a lot of heel dragging going on about refunding of peoples taxes & landing fees ( possible the airline treats them as a little bonus ) my total refund was 795thb hardly seems worth waiting around for hey

Well I had 2hr waiting for my flight onwards so I didn't care I kind of felt the waiting time for the refunds were a deliberate ploy for catching out the ones that have a limited time period to collect as maybe they are pressed for time 30mins to credit card refund was excessive in my eyes.

Many seem a little bit harsh in your judgement you read terms & conditions & think there should be no chance to change any details.... oh yeah its cheap so lose sucker.....well I guess the attitude will prevail at all levels

Airlines at all levels have been charging(ripping) ridiculous fees for simple edits without loss of business your fault suckers

maybe one shouldn't operate on you as your policy has an error? medical insurance! well you should of read the web form properly many clever asses will get a bite later don't you worry more so in Thailand :blink: :blink:

customers are robbed continuously over slight details oops clause 3 a says its OK !

well I have noticed with Nok & Air Asia both web forms actually reload in browsers losing details or changing various cursor options already preselected,this is more likely to happen in Thailand due to slower web speeds

I actually feel sorry for those that are to fall foul of these little things in life

but hey some of the super smart asses will get ripped off by the unwritten rules.

What goes around comes around.

Air Asia definitely tries to keep the taxes & landing fees these should be credited back automatically on cancellation of the flight, you shouldn't need to ask :whistling:

Most airlines in the U.S. allow reservations (ticketed itineraries) to be cancelled without penalty, and a full refund, within 24 hours.

Here is UA's policy.

But DD is an LCC and they are trying to reduce expenses as much as possible, so it is unreasonable to expect them to offer any sort of extra benefits.

But we're not in the US.

And yes, they'll allow you to cancel within 24 hours. But once your 24 hours are up you'll probably pay $150/4500B to make a change. Not to mention UA's and the rest of the US airlines overpriced flights with LCC service.

I'd rather deal with Air Asia and Nok Air's rules, fees, and fares.

Fly to Chiang Mai and then find a connecting flight to Chiang Rai if possible, got to be cheaper in the long run?.

No connecting flights afaik.

Your next problem will be that Orient Thai will want to see the credit card used to pay for the ticket at check in (I hope not, but highly possible.

Quite probable and she won't be able to fly if they do. As a back-up, op, scan your credit card next to your passport pic page and write on there that you authorise her to use it to fly. Don't forget to sign and email it to her.

Dario, you are doing what is known as pi$ing into the wind! You made a mistake...wear it. Nok's terms are there, up front, and very clear. I think you are going about this the wrong way, tipping a bucket of $hit on Nok is poor form and claiming non delivery from your CC proider is ever worse form, and then doing a job on Nok on this form is deplorable.

You will get some sympathy for blowing 2000 baht and making a mistake, but no more. Even that will evaporate if you continue down this destructive path.

On the other side, I wouldn't fly Orient if you paid me. I'm a retired pilot and know a pilot who formerly flew for them; there a lot of reasons not to do so and I'll say no more on that issue.

One thing for sure about Nok is that they won't fly with that seat empty if somebody shows up and wants to go to Chiang Rai. Low Cost Carriers see this as cream on the cake, a seat that is paid for twice.

Edited by F4UCorsair

Nok-Air are quite happy to deliver, what you actually booked & paid-for, a ticket to Chiang-Mai, so to call it theft seems a little OTT ?

Perhaps the young lady might fly up to Chiang-Mai, and take a 3-4 hour onward-bus to Chiang-Rai, saving 8-10 hours on an overnight bus, instead ?

No, she will not. I booked her the desired flight now on Orient Thai, although she pays 560 Baht more.

The situation is not lost: I will make a charge reversal with my credit card company.

So I understand you right? You made a mistake, you confirmed it as correct and now you cheat the Airline so we all will have more problems with credit card payment if future as the airlines know there are people who try to not pay what they bought.

Another point you must keep in mind Dario is that these low cost airlines, with what seem like oneerous conditions, have had these 'tricks' played on them a hundred times; a pax changes his mind and calls up saying he made a mistake.

Bad news doesn't get better with time. Just admit your mistake, don't try to con the credit card company (you will defiinitely not win that one because the airline wasn't given the chance to fulfill its obligation), cop your loss, and be more careful next time.

One more thing. Don' t travel with Orient!!

Edited by F4UCorsair

Let me try this again. You'll need to cut and paste the link. If it doesn't work, just use the second link and click on 'Ryanair service so bad' etc.

http://www.ihateryan...-wont-fly-them/

http://www.ihateryanair.org then click on Ryanair service so bad even Hitler won't fly them

This makes Nok look like a premium carrier, but of course it is only a skit.

I'd forgotten that I had an experience with Nok back a few months, at the height of the red shirts activity in BKK.

I was in Mae Hong Son and due out about 2.00 pm back to CM. The departure time was pushed back a few times due to the aircraft not arriving and that was a visibility problem due to smoke haze. Finally about 7.00 pm the flight was cancelled and we were told that buses would be arriving out front soon and we could make our own arrangements. I put a group of 12 together and we did a deal, not cheap, but it meant we would get back to CM that night.

Since I'd booked a couple of months previously and it was before Nok had started operating the route, my ticket was with Thai and they'd endorsed it to Nok. Nok reps said that Thai would have to refund. I was in the same street as Thai in CM so dropped inthe following morning and made the arrangements. My credit card account received the funds abot a week later and an email apology for taking a week due to the Thai office in BKK running on a skeleton staff because of the difficulties on the streets.

Despite being pi$$ed off at the time, after giving it some thought, I was happy, or perhaps not unhappy, with the way it was handled, but the important point is that I should expect no more from a LCC, and my observation is that it's all about perceptions when one uses these carriers. Read the conditions closely, expect nothing/not much, and you may be pleasantly surprised, or maybe 'not too disappointed' would be more appropriate.

As I recall, I was annoyed at the time because I thought visibility was adequate for an arriving aircraft. I'm a retired pilot and that was my assessment but I admit I didnt have access to the approach charts to determine exactly what visibility was required. I thought it was more likely that the aircraft was needed elsewhere and with less than a full load out of MHS, it was convenient to cancel that flight. I will never know with certainty if that was the case though, and I filed it under my category of 'LCC's and associated inconveniences'.

Edited by F4UCorsair

• 4 weeks later...

The web site is designed by KinderKolege graduates and is prone to errors. Pressing any key after their system hangs for minutes will result in hours on the phone and faxing credit cards and passport copies etc. to rectify. Subsequently they will extract half a page of applicable fees including the call center that had you on hold and droped you 3X the previous hour. The end result was 2 hours of my time and what equates to a 10% fare hike. I'm secure however knowing that they conform to ThaiAir safety standards - TrulyAmazing.......

Think yourself lucky it was only 2,000 Baht for the lesson, you'll definitely be more careful next time.

I had a similar problem with Thai Air when booking two flights from UK to BKK; I was filling in their online flight booking form and I took too long on one page and it timed out, I restarted the form and all the info had saved from before so I skimmed over the details and was clicking OK as quickly as possible so I didn't get timed out again. As soon as I hit CONFIRM I noticed that the flight time had changed from late at night to early in the morning that same day and there is no way we could have been to the airport 14 hours prior to what I wanted. I immediately called Thai Air and had a very unsympathetic girl tell me it was my fault, my responsibility and basically I would have to pay 8,000 bath to change the time of the flight I had just confirmed about 2 minutes prior. Of course, it wasn't fair and I was not happy about it but you confirm you will abide by their T&Cs when you make the booking so you have no grounds for complaint.

I paid the 8,000 baht to change the time but nearer the fly date we actually ended up cancelling it to stay on holiday in the UK longer and so I had to pay another 12,000 baht cancellation fee, so I basically gave Thai Air 20,000 baht for nothing, I didn't even get a thank you card! :)

You can not get a charge back on your credit card because you have brought the seat and if you wanted to you could still take that flight, if you claim otherwise to your CC company then you are the one commiting fraud.

Sorry buddy, but take it on the chin for what it is. It sucks being the little man against big companies but you have no clout when it comes to things like this.