Nok Air!

Dario

One of our friends who is with us today asked me to make a booking for her daughter who is a student at Chiang Rai University to fly to Chiang Rai on January 3rd. I first tried Orient Thai but our friend asked me to try Nok Air. So I made a booking with Nok Air and paid with my personal credit card, but unknowingly I had made a small little mistake: I thought I had booked to Chiang Rai, but I had booked to Chiang Mai. In fact I realized that Nok Air isn't even flying to Chiang Rai at all from Don Muang.

I then called Nok Air and told them about my booking mistake. here is what I was told:

You made a booking and have confirmed that booking with a subsequent payment. That means you knew what you were doing . This transaction is NON REFUNDABLE. We are very sorry.

So I said: that means you are unable to refund my 2'090 Baht I paid you? In other words you are going to keep that money and are unwilling to cancel and give another person the chance to use that empty seat?

That is correct, we just let expire this reservation and fly with an empty seat to Chiang Mai. The person who told me that on the phone identified himself with Jaycee or JC, whatever.

I know I should have verified my booking but aren't we all making a mistake once in a while? Sure. But what NOK AIR is doing is outright THEFT!

Edited by Dario

Sorry, but the rules are stated on the website and they are much more liberal than other airlines. You took the econo ticket. Nok Air allows alot more wiggle room than Air Asia.

Flight/ Date change

• The Flight/date change may be made up to 24 hours before the departure.

• Unlimited change.

• Passenger making such change will be subject to change fee of baht 535

(VAT included) and the difference of the fare between the moment of booking and moment of charge (if any). *

Passenger Name Change

• Number of change : unlimited

• The name change may be made up to 4 hours before the departure.

• Passenger making such change will be subject to change fee of baht 535

(VAT included) plus service fee charge (VAT included) per passenger per change.

Destination Change

Destination and route are unchangeable.

Sorry, but that's why there is a flex ticket at 700baht more that allows the cancellation.

The irony is that had you attempted to book DM to Chiang Rai NOK would have told you that they don't fly there (or if online the Chiang Rai option was not there).

It is an unfortunate mistake but I don't see that NOK Air have done anything wrong - as far as they are concerned you wanted a flight to CM and that's what you got and paid for.

I had a similar situation with Air Asia where I booked a flight time and later realised that I could not make the connection. I called the call centre to try and change and whilst I could, I would have lost all the benefits of online cost savings + pick up a booking fee. In the end it was cheaper stay one night in KL.

Low cost airlines are great - as long as you don't need to change anything.

Nok-Air are quite happy to deliver, what you actually booked & paid-for, a ticket to Chiang-Mai, so to call it theft seems a little OTT ?

Perhaps the young lady might fly up to Chiang-Mai, and take a 3-4 hour onward-bus to Chiang-Rai, saving 8-10 hours on an overnight bus, instead ?

Nok-Air are quite happy to deliver, what you actually booked & paid-for, a ticket to Chiang-Mai, so to call it theft seems a little OTT ?

Perhaps the young lady might fly up to Chiang-Mai, and take a 3-4 hour onward-bus to Chiang-Rai, saving 8-10 hours on an overnight bus, instead ?

No, she will not. I booked her the desired flight now on Orient Thai, although she pays 560 Baht more.

The situation is not lost: I will make a charge reversal with my credit card company.

No, she will not. I booked her the desired flight now on Orient Thai, although she pays 560 Baht more.

The situation is not lost: I will make a charge reversal with my credit card company.

And your cc company will tell you to go forth and multiply. They will assume that you can actually read and are geographically aware.

CMX = Chiang Mai

CEI = Chiang Rai

Good luck!!

You made a mistake while you booked a cheap ticket with reduced protection against changes and then you complain when you cannot make changes...funny.

If you try to do a charge-back YOU are the thief.

TAWP: with your 7682 posts you should now that you calling me a THIEF is flaming. Please read the forum rules. By doing a charge-back I refuse to pay for a service I have paid for and are unable to use. I contacted the company within 10 minutes I realized that I made a mistake.

I'm not sure but you may be able to get a refund of the tax.

I had to change a booking on Air Asia, the morning of the flight I realised my flight from Phuket arrived in KL an hour AFTER my flight from KL to Gold Coast. Yes I'm an Einstein.

I ran to the AA agent and the girl said I couldn't get a refund. No bother, I urgently booked a ticket for earlier flight and hitailed it to the airport. Checked in and whilst waiting decided to question the girl at the AA help desk.

She told me I couldn't get a refund but I said that as I wasn't flying I should be refunded the departure tax etc etc. She then said I could get a refund for tax but as I paid by CC the refund would be made into my CC account.

A month goes by and nothing. I call AA and a girl tells me it will be in within the week. Another month goes by and nothing.

I call again and get through to a supervisor who asks me whether I would want it into my CC or as a credit on my next flight. Stupid Stupid Stupid me agrees to have it as a credit. 1 week later the credit is in my AA account.

4 months later I'm planning the next trip and go into my account on AA account and guess what, yep, it's gone. I phone and some guy tells me they have no record of it. I frantically try to find details of the changed flight etc and BINGO, give him all the details. Nothing, no record of my request.

If it was a large amount I would have followed it further up the ladder but it was only small. Just decided not to fly with them again.

You made a mistake while you booked a cheap ticket with reduced protection against changes and then you complain when you cannot make changes...funny.

TAWP: with your 7682 posts you should now that you calling me a THIEF is flaming. Please read the forum rules. By doing a charge-back I refuse to pay for a service I have paid for and are unable to use. I contacted the company within 10 minutes I realized that I made a mistake.

Dario, you should be realising by now that yours is a lone voice on this thread. You will get sympathy, but only for the fact that you made a mistake. NOK have done nothing wrong. A charge-back claim against them would be futile. What reason would you give for such claim.

TAWP's comment about potential theft is stronger than your earlier allegation against NOK.

Move on.

Let me see now...

Charging for a service and delivering it = no theft.

Ordering a service and then try to use a anti-fraud-protection-step to weasle your way out of paying for said service = theft.

If you wanted the protection against mistakes you should have paid for it.

Your credit card company will only reverse the charge if the carrier goes out of business. They will allow you to dispute the charge and investigate -however like any airline rep they have already documented the PNR with your error. If you used the same credit card for another carrier to a different destination you wont have a leg to stand on. If you did Verified by Visa or with MasterCard they will ding you with another fee to process your dispute. Your credit card company will also come back with a "Refused Dispute Charge" of $45 plus the interest you owe.

It isn't Nok Air's error, so why say Beware?

Your next problem will be that Orient Thai will want to see the credit card used to pay for the ticket at check in (I hope not, but highly possible)

Moral of this story: don't book and pay tickets for friend's children (you might wish to drop children from the criteria)

I had a friend who booked the wrong departure date :whistling:

Dario,

Can we assume you will tell your credit card company the facts exactly as you presented them here? If you do and don't make up any fictitious stories, I'm sure the credit card company will deny your claim. I'm sure you wouldn't lie to the credit card company because that would make you a thief. Please let us know what the credit card company says.

We all make mistakes sometimes. Hopefully we learn from them. Be glad this one only cost you 2000 baht.

No point reasoning with anyone who refuses to see the logic..... :bah:

LET'S HIM BE RIGHT THIS TIME AND WRONG FOR THE REST OF HIS LIFE.. B)

Instead of posting about Nok air being in the wrong for a mistake made by you would it not have been more honest to post about checking your flight details before pressing the confirm button several times to save people from the same problem. :huh:

As I see it the problem isn't with Nok air but rather down to you ? :o

Dario . . .As someone who used to work for years with chargebacks for Visa & Mastercard I can call you your bank will just laugh at your ineptitude, same as the guys on this forum are doing.

Unfortunately, there isn't a charge back for changing your mind or doing something without reading the instructions. ( If there were banks would be out of business pretty quickly.)

Dario . . .As someone who used to work for years with chargebacks for Visa & Mastercard I can call you your bank will just laugh at your ineptitude, same as the guys on this forum are doing.

Unfortunately, there isn't a charge back for changing your mind or doing something without reading the instructions. ( If there were banks would be out of business pretty quickly.)

'THEFT' ?????what theft has ocurred?...you made a mistake and expect someone else to pay for it.....grow up and move on.

Dario,

I think you will have picked up the consistency of response.

I would like to see you 'Man Up' and come back on this thread to acknowledge that the error was yours.

This is not so anyone can 'gloat' - your reaction was understandable in the heat of the moment. However, the fact remains that, in this instance, you were the only one in error.

On one occasion I booked 2 tickets on-line with Air Asia. I made the mistake of booking the 2 tickets in the same name. I approached Air Asia to attempt to correct this problem. They refused to do so. I had to purchase a third ticket in the correct name.

I am much more careful with my bookings these days.

Dario,

I am with everyone else here. You made a mistake while booking a non-refundable ticket. whether you called them 1 second or a month after your booking does not matter. you should always triple check all details when booking a flight, it only costs your time. after a mistake is done it will cost money

Just accept that it was your fault and not anyone elses. do not try to charge back, that would make you even more of a thief that you claim nokair to be

like some said already, you only lost 2000 baht

On one occasion I booked 2 tickets on-line with Air Asia. I made the mistake of booking the 2 tickets in the same name. I approached Air Asia to attempt to correct this problem. They refused to do so. I had to purchase a third ticket in the correct name.

I am much more careful with my bookings these days.

also me. same problem..