Farang Food In Chalong

petercallen

Adam kebab opening hours??

lad there told me open for lunch but who knows as closing time is very late ....

Thai wife told me they were open from 10am to 10pm. I was there Friday about 3pm & initially only visiting Swedish parents were present to serve.

Well I have seen them in action, they deliver FOR FREE!!! and have children, and have low prices and good value, so now and then the timing doesnt work out..... so considering they make, I dont know, 20 Baht on your 150 Baht order.... well there you go... they try very hard and I eat there a lot, even today, raining so much dont want to go out... they deliver for free, can only praise their service... fantastic....

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I tried two new restaurants in the last few weeks:

1) Rosso Vivo Italian Restaurant in the Fisherman's Way Mini Plaza. Previously, there was a post in this thread stating that it was downright awful. I had a fantastic dinner there! I had basic penne with basil, a mixed salad and two glasses of wine. The penne was delicious; definitely homemade pesto sauce and the portion was perfect. The staff were attentive and the owner was very cordial. The food came quickly even though it was a bit busy. My dinner came to around 500 THB, and I will definitely go there again.

The only thing I didn't like were the chairs--I found them extremely uncomfortable and awkward to sit in.

I ate there a week ago and was pleasantly surprised at the quality of the food.

For starters we shared a brushccetta (sp) as good as any I have had elsewhere. My scallopini au funghi was well presented and quite tasty. My GF found the sauce a little rich on her spagetti seafood dish, but it's not what she would normally eat.

The staff had trouble understanding my Italian pronunciations so I had to order by numbers. :rolleyes: A basket with bread sticks and some excellent fresh Italian bread suddenly appeared late in the meal, but was still welcome. My, second choice, red wine was served chilled, but well tasty.

Bill came to about 870bht.

Agree with the comment on the chairs and, with my size, I was a little concerned about their integrity.

i am glad i am not the only one who found the chairs uncomfortable! :)

next time around, i want to give their pizza a try...i saw two older thai men come in and order pizza and it looked good!

does anyone remember CHU Restaurant from a few months back? coming from chalong circle, it was situated on the right before the stoplight where you turn to head into sai yuan. i liked that place--meditteranean and western food at cheap prices, but i don't think it had enough customers. anyways, on the way to work this morning, i noticed a new sign:

Pesto Restaurant by CHU

i can only assume it's the same guy, although the location is quite far from rawai/nai harn. this new restaurant is located just before the entrance to the Laguna Phuket Resort on the right hand side...a bit closer to the stoplight than Sunset Restaurant and Black Cat. think i'll run there for lunch one day this week and if it's open, give it a go.

***okay, back to nai harn:

some friends and i tried the 150 baht breakfast buffet at thaiphoon bistro over the weekend (situated near the free bird bar on the shortcut to kata) we went around 10:30, and there wasn't much food left on the buffet. the food wasn't replaced for the 45 minutes that we were there, either. what was on the buffet included bacon, ham, tomatoes with mozzarella, grilled eggplant with mozarella, pancakes, french toast, fried rice, sausages, a couple of thai dishes, fruit platter, and an omelette station. it took a friend nearly 20 minutes for a cheese omelette-when she received it, no cheese inside, just on top. i think if they had knowledgeable staff, they could provide better service and keep the buffet stocked. i looked at the bistro menu, and it was extensive and mixed with thai and fusion food. i may or may not try this place again.

some friends and i tried the 150 baht breakfast buffet at thaiphoon bistro over the weekend (situated near the free bird bar on the shortcut to kata) we went around 10:30, and there wasn't much food left on the buffet. the food wasn't replaced for the 45 minutes that we were there, either. what was on the buffet included bacon, ham, tomatoes with mozzarella, grilled eggplant with mozarella, pancakes, french toast, fried rice, sausages, a couple of thai dishes, fruit platter, and an omelette station. it took a friend nearly 20 minutes for a cheese omelette-when she received it, no cheese inside, just on top. i think if they had knowledgeable staff, they could provide better service and keep the buffet stocked. i looked at the bistro menu, and it was extensive and mixed with thai and fusion food. i may or may not try this place again.

Hi amyb,

I've got a friend who swears by that breakfast buffet, but he gets up early and I think is in there before 9AM. I have to think that due to food cost they probably start to wrap that up by 10:30 and hope people start looking at the a la carte lunch menu.

I did have dinner there with a friend. Quality of the food very good, but way overpriced. For a de-boned terriyaki chicken thigh with vegetables they dinged me for something like 250thb, put an appetizer and a few big beers on that they got me for 600thb. I usually spend 1/3 of that or less on dinners, GOM might change his TV nick to "cheap-charlie" but oh well...

Hi amyb,

I've got a friend who swears by that breakfast buffet, but he gets up early and I think is in there before 9AM. I have to think that due to food cost they probably start to wrap that up by 10:30 and hope people start looking at the a la carte lunch menu.

I did have dinner there with a friend. Quality of the food very good, but way overpriced. For a de-boned terriyaki chicken thigh with vegetables they dinged me for something like 250thb, put an appetizer and a few big beers on that they got me for 600thb. I usually spend 1/3 of that or less on dinners, GOM might change his TV nick to "cheap-charlie" but oh well...

GOM, if the cost of food is worrisome for them, they shouldn't advertise that their breakfast buffet finishes at 13:00! :) yeah, the menu looked expensive--i can imagine that it was easily 600 THB. i may try out the breakfast buffet again in a few weeks when i have friends visiting, but honestly, i'd prefer to hit up the little muslim restaurant down the road where i can have breakfast for 40 baht! amyb is a cheap charlie, too, GOM!

does anyone remember CHU Restaurant from a few months back? coming from chalong circle, it was situated on the right before the stoplight where you turn to head into sai yuan. i liked that place--meditteranean and western food at cheap prices, but i don't think it had enough customers. anyways, on the way to work this morning, i noticed a new sign:

Pesto Restaurant by CHU

i can only assume it's the same guy, although the location is quite far from rawai/nai harn. this new restaurant is located just before the entrance to the Laguna Phuket Resort on the right hand side...a bit closer to the stoplight than Sunset Restaurant and Black Cat. think i'll run there for lunch one day this week and if it's open, give it a go.

Well spotted! You must have had a magnifying glass to see "By Chu"!

Yes, it is run by the same family.

Went last night. Food absolutely fabulous. I think they need to spruce the decor up a bit, though.

It's just a few doors down from The Black Cat, on the Laguna side.

Pesto Restaurant by CHU

Well spotted! You must have had a magnifying glass to see "By Chu"!

Yes, it is run by the same family.

Went last night. Food absolutely fabulous. I think they need to spruce the decor up a bit, though.

It's just a few doors down from The Black Cat, on the Laguna side.

i work in laguna and live in nai harn...i drive motorbike everyday...it's a monotonous drive, always quick to notice new things! :) i will give them a try. same menu as before?

next time around, i want to give their pizza a try...i saw two older thai men come in and order pizza and it looked good!

I tried the pizza there and i thought it sucked to be honest. my friend tasted my pizza too and didnt like it either. bread was bad, too little tomato sauce and too much cheese for my taste. going to stick to capannina and da vinci

had bruschetta too which was good and the friend had lasagna which looked good and my friend said was good.

if i go back it will be for the bruschetta+lasagna

I tried the pizza there and i thought it sucked to be honest. my friend tasted my pizza too and didnt like it either. bread was bad, too little tomato sauce and too much cheese for my taste. going to stick to capannina and da vinci

had bruschetta too which was good and the friend had lasagna which looked good and my friend said was good.

if i go back it will be for the bruschetta+lasagna

capannina yes. da vinci no. i am not a fan of anything on their menu, so if you are comparing pizza, will still try rosso vivio. good to hear the lasagna is good!

i work in laguna and live in nai harn...i drive motorbike everyday...it's a monotonous drive, always quick to notice new things! :) i will give them a try. same menu as before?

Yes, I think so...

At Chu, (near the 7Eleven at the entrance to Sai Yuan), I believe they had separate lunch and dinner menus.

At Pesto in Cherngthalay, it looks like they have all the same dishes on just one menu.

I went to the Keebab in Rawai last night, just south of the Sai Yuan road, on the right in a soi.

I ordered the large pork version and my friend ordered the chicken version. I ordered a side order of fries.

Both keebabs were very good. Tasty and appeared fresh.

The fries were drowned in salt. I mean, extremely salty.

So for food, it was ok. I would normally go back for the keebabs, except that....

The lady who took our order, no idea who she was, perhaps the wife? Anyways, she was drunk and extremely loud while sitting down with her guests/friends at one table. Would not shut up! Screaming at t her neighbours who had just arrived, waving her arms, etc etc.

We were going to order one more keebab and split it, as we were both still hungry and order another beer. We just left. Honestly, she was awful.

Keebabs great. Ambience ZERO.

I went to the Keebab in Rawai last night, just south of the Sai Yuan road, on the right in a soi.

I ordered the large pork version and my friend ordered the chicken version. I ordered a side order of fries.

So for food, it was ok. I would normally go back for the keebabs, except that....

The lady who took our order, no idea who she was, perhaps the wife? Anyways, she was drunk and extremely loud while sitting down with her guests/friends at one table. Would not shut up! Screaming at t her neighbours who had just arrived, waving her arms, etc etc.

We were going to order one more keebab and split it, as we were both still hungry and order another beer. We just left. Honestly, she was awful.

I was in as well. I was not put off by her style. We will see worse next 2 weeks with the daft farangs playing Songkran - food was a good as normal jap.gif

I was in as well. I was not put off by her style. We will see worse next 2 weeks with the daft farangs playing Songkran - food was a good as normal jap.gif

i was there there around 10-11 a clock last night and the issarn girls really knows how to get noisy with their customers....

tested Swedish meatballs with potatoes really good!

I tried another new place in rawai on sunday night. from the rawai beach road act as if you will drive to laem promthep...instead of heading to the cape, take the first left just after the municipality building. follow the road and on the right you will see a cute little restaurant called "ruan phuket".

the menu is rather small, but it does offer a range of thai and western dishes. prices run between 80-200 THB. we shared a variety of thai dishes and a fried fish...really good quality of food and the taste was superb. the owner/chef used to be the executive chef in a 5 star hotel. the menu also offers a variety of beers and wines.

a little bit more upscale than your average thai restaurant, and not dirty like the ones on rawai beach road. the place is lit by candelight--good place for a date. if anyone else tries this place, let me know your thoughts.

Anyone tried that shithole Super Burger? Its so disgusting and dirty in there, I can't imagine anyone in their right mind eating there. I think I got herpes just looking at it. I hope they go out of business soon. If I could get my wife's permission first, I'd file a complaint.

Anyone tried that shithole Super Burger? Its so disgusting and dirty in there, I can't imagine anyone in their right mind eating there. I think I got herpes just looking at it. I hope they go out of business soon. If I could get my wife's permission first, I'd file a complaint.

Burgers at Adam Kebab are good. Where is Super Burger?

Burgers at Adam Kebab are good. Where is Super Burger?

I had a Kebab at Adams 2 days ago at about 3PM and was not impressed, they did not use the flat bread

i expected it was more like a flattened bread roll and the chicken fill was old and dry

Maybe i went at the wrong time of the day.

The best kebab i have had here was at the top end of Bangla Road, they operate from about 10PM on,

The chicken is cut fresh and they have a choice of sauces, that was about 3 years ago i do not know if they still exist

I had a Kebab at Adams 2 days ago at about 3PM and was not impressed, they did not use the flat bread

i expected it was more like a flattened bread roll and the chicken fill was old and dry

The best kebab i have had here was at the top end of Bangla Road, they operate from about 10PM on,

The chicken is cut fresh and they have a choice of sauces, that was about 3 years ago i do not know if they still exist

Yeah, the old lady has an awesome kebab but a couple months ago i tried to get some (only reason i ever drive to patong) and she was no where to be seen.. Very unfortunate.

Adam kebab is pretty good if you come when its fresh, hard to know though.. Their opening hours coincide with the bargirl's sobering up and going on the "morning" beer run so who knows how crazy the cooking's schedule is.

Yeah, the old lady has an awesome kebab but a couple months ago i tried to get some (only reason i ever drive to patong) and she was no where to be seen.. Very unfortunate.

Adam kebab is pretty good if you come when its fresh, hard to know though.. Their opening hours coincide with the bargirl's sobering up and going on the "morning" beer run so who knows how crazy the cooking's schedule is.

I think the majority of farang food at the lower end of cost ladder will always be hit & miss. I enjoy Adam's kebab's, but I aim to eat them mid to late evening when you know that yesterdays pita and meat hopefully has been used elsewhere !! We understand that the Thais will not waste food and if they can get an extra cash return on it - even better. sad.gif

Did you sell it Bill?

Adam Kebab was closed yesterday,was there about 7pm.

Last time they did not have the staff to open for food??would like to try the Kebab there but not to late in the evening...can someone post on here if they are open between 6pm-8pm tonight lol.

Yes, pretty sure that kebab at the top of Bangla still exists. I was there a couple Friday nights ago and a couple of the blokes in the group splintered off for kebabs in that same exact location.

outside Rock City, night time only, believe the guys are Lebanese, Chicken 100 baht and Beef 120 baht. Delicious :P

Did you sell it Bill?

I to have given up on this place....not for dirty but for crappy burgers greasy and NOT 100% NZ or Aussie beef im sure of it.....

While your at it go up the road a bit from super burger on left hand side towards Rawai at the top of the hill near the Monkey and Jungle bar after 7pm there is a little snack stand there has great real vienna sausage on a roll with onion cheese and pepper and burgers too (not try yet) sausage was great had 2 of them other stuff on the menu to....

some hot chicks in the bar there too.....enjoy

I to have given up on this place....not for dirty but for crappy burgers greasy and NOT 100% NZ or Aussie beef im sure of it.....

While your at it go up the road a bit from super burger on left hand side towards Rawai at the top of the hill near the Monkey and Jungle bar after 7pm there is a little snack stand there has great real vienna sausage on a roll with onion cheese and pepper and burgers too (not try yet) sausage was great had 2 of them other stuff on the menu to....

some hot chicks in the bar there too.....enjoy

Are we all talking about the same place here "Super Burger"?

BillR, with your post I thought you were talking about the place in Chalong, the one in front of KL Mart. I agree there, what a dump.

glassdude007 refers to the burger stand in front of Cheers Bar.................? And, yes, he stopped using quality beef about 8 months ago.

Thanks for the referral glassdude007, will look to get one or two of the sausage sandos.

Adam's Kebab was closed yesterday.

Looks like they have closed up for Songkrahn.

why would they even close for songkran? They look like they are living customer to customer to supply booze for the 10 drunken entourage and everyday is a songkran celebration for them?

i wanted a good kebab