Farang Food In Chalong

petercallen

Adam's Kebab was closed yesterday.

Looks like they have closed up for Songkrahn.

There was a sign on the door saying they are selling in Patong at the moment, and will start selling in Rawai again on the 11th.

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

swung by http://www.salamexicali.com good food and you got your food quickly even though it was full.

disadvantage small portions and slow customer service when you pay

bill ended at 600tbh two dishes plus two water

bd0201141941P836d.jpg

The owner's a very interesting guy. But even he admits his staff are 'untrainable', and from what I sampled, it was bland and way overpriced. Ambience nice though.

swung by http://www.salamexicali.com good food and you got your food quickly even though it was full.

disadvantage small portions and slow customer service when you pay

bill ended at 600tbh two dishes plus two water

The owner's a very interesting guy. But even he admits his staff are 'untrainable', and from what I sampled, it was bland and way overpriced. Ambience nice though.

Bland? Did you add jalapeno peppers or spicy Cholula sauce? Sure a quesadilla will be bland if you don't spice it up yourself.

I went to the Keebab in Rawai last night, just south of the Sai Yuan road, on the right in a soi.

I ordered the large pork version and my friend ordered the chicken version. I ordered a side order of fries.

Both keebabs were very good. Tasty and appeared fresh.

The fries were drowned in salt. I mean, extremely salty.

So for food, it was ok. I would normally go back for the keebabs, except that....

The lady who took our order, no idea who she was, perhaps the wife? Anyways, she was drunk and extremely loud while sitting down with her guests/friends at one table. Would not shut up! Screaming at t her neighbours who had just arrived, waving her arms, etc etc.

We were going to order one more keebab and split it, as we were both still hungry and order another beer. We just left. Honestly, she was awful.

Keebabs great. Ambience ZERO.

where is this kebab shop/restaurant exactly??

thnks

thnks

It's in post/thread somewhere, but heading south from Chalong circle go through new lights and about 500 - 800 metres on right is a sign saying ADAM's Kebabs - easy when you know how ish :jap:

thnks

ok, now I know... down wiset road (not sai yuan) and then going into this soi on the right hand side... i remember, saw the sign before but never tried this place out.. will give it a shot tomorrow

thnks

It's in post/thread somewhere, but heading south from Chalong circle go through new lights and about 500 - 800 metres on right is a sign saying ADAM's Kebabs - easy when you know how ish :jap:

thnks!

Has anyone tried the new lakeside restaurant next to Chalong temple? (on the road that connects the two chaofa roads)

Yes, found the food good and inexpensive, i think my Kaprow Moo was 48thb.

It's unfortunate that the food selection doesn't match the ambience of the place itself. Very limited menu choice, even from the 'fast food' bar inside. The location and quality of the place deserves better. Drinks are expensive (90 baht for a small Singha isn't the norm in 'local' restaurants).

Has anyone tried the new lakeside restaurant next to Chalong temple? (on the road that connects the two chaofa roads)

Yes, found the food good and inexpensive, i think my Kaprow Moo was 48thb.

It's unfortunate that the food selection doesn't match the ambience of the place itself. Very limited menu choice, even from the 'fast food' bar inside. The location and quality of the place deserves better. Drinks are expensive (90 baht for a small Singha isn't the norm in 'local' restaurants).

I had a very nice Lemon shake 48thb

• 3 weeks later...

For all you lovers of Adam's Kebabs I heard they will be closing for 4 months soon.

dam_n, do you know when? They did not mention anything to me yesterday.

Heard it from an American guy who lives next door & hangs out there a fair bit. He said he thought they would close soon until October.

I was there very early evening yesterday, and no mention of closing, or a sign indicating it as such. I've probably been there about 4 or 5 times the last month or so, and the kebab's are consistently good, though last night the pita bread was slightly hard (maybe not correctly defrosted). On the basis of my visits, difficult to see where they're making any form of profit.

• 1 month later...

this one is in karon, not in chalong but maybe interesting... :

tried a pizza place in karon last night, name is "pizza 2000" or so... its on patak road. very tasty pizza and for 199 Baht a good deal.(saw on the menu that they having all pizza for 150 baht on tuesdays! also doing pasta, schnitzel...)

and NO, im not the owner of this restaurant! (just in case some people starting again..)