Farang Food In Chalong

petercallen

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, Peter. But I did not have the 350baht steak. At 350, it should be at least, at least, GRILLED, and more than 5mm thick!

And, thanks for counting my posts. I feel loved again. Slow news day for Peter!

Not really, just gave a bloke a 100 baht who had lost his wallet and told him not to worry about giving it back :)

Yes, Peter. But I did not have the 350baht steak. At 350, it should be at least, at least, GRILLED, and more than 5mm thick!

And, thanks for counting my posts. I feel loved again. Slow news day for Peter!

Not really, just gave a bloke a 100 baht who had lost his wallet and told him not to worry about giving it back :)

I don't have my wallet with me PC, can I get 100thb?

There is a simple reason why the western food in the Rawai District is not so good. Western restaurants have to be closely supervised by western owners. This is the same reason that a Farang can't run a Thai restaurant. The blame is simply with the western owner. Many times these places are started to give their Thai ladies and her family something to do to slow down the money drain. Little do they know that this is an opportunity for more money drain. Well planned menus with specials need to be done. Purchasing of meats should be done in Bangkok to reduce the cost. There is only one quality supplier of high qualityThai beef in Thailand and it is not Thai French. Many of the others are your basic 10 year old milk cow that has stopped calving and giving milk that are then sent to the market. Imported beef is not worth the price you pay. Most Australian beef is grass fed however it is better that the 10 year old milk cow beef market in Thailand. You can prepare non primal cuts of Thai beef such as flank steak and chuck to make good dishes if you will follow some simple recipes. THE FOOD IS BAD BECAUSE OF BAD MANAGEMENT!

However, to make good on my promise, I went to the pizza joint on Sai Yuan, mentioned in another thread (M&M thread). EXCELLENT pizza and calzone! Very good, fresh, tasty. Modenas Pizza.

glad to see you tried it out and enjoyed it. i quite like the place. the pizza is always fresh and tasty, and the couple who run the place are nice.

And so, I learned my lesson, worth 350 baht.

Father, forgive me, for I have sinned.

I did not listen to my fellow Phuketeers but, alas, I was hungry, semi diabetic and started shacking from low blood sugar.

While walking around Villa HP, I thought, hey, I no hab sateak for maybe a good 2 or 3 years. So I sat down at Samkong "steak how". The first page of the menu showed big beautiful GRILLED, not pan fried, t-bone. 350bath. What is a fat guy to do?

post-53467-0-98558300-1314438883_thumb.j

HOLY $HIT! Full of fat, pan fried and fries so small that I had to zoom my camera to see the things. Raw, red, god-awful!

NEVER AGAIN, please, NEVER AGAIN.

That looks awful, think I would have left 350 Baht on the meat, tipped the sauce on it and left! Just looks inedible.