Green Pool

Phil_ne_uk

A green pool is caused by algae, which means that levels of the primary sanitizer (chlorine) are low. Personally, I would not be putting strange chemicals in my pool if I was not sure what the chemical is. Get the chlorine level up, balance pH and check alkalinity.

Gil

A green pool is caused by algae, which means that levels of the primary sanitizer (chlorine) are low. Personally, I would not be putting strange chemicals in my pool if I was not sure what the chemical is. Get the chlorine level up, balance pH and check alkalinity.

Gil

The powder is from a friend of mine for use in his village pool in the past when it went green. It was bought from Swimming pool warehouse on Thepprasit Road so it is the correct stuff, I just don’t know what quantity to put in the pool.

Any idea?

You don't say how big your pool is. The stuff your friend gave you may be algaecide, or clarifier - nobody knows. The sensible thing to do is to leave it alone and either refill the pool or chlorinate the water properly and use a clarifier to remove the algae. Clarifier is expensive, it usually comes in liquid form and some pool shops charge as much as 1,500 baht for a 3.78 litre (1 US gallon) bottle, At that price it may be cheaper to change the water and give the pool a good scrub down.

You don't say how big your pool is. The stuff your friend gave you may be algaecide, or clarifier - nobody knows. The sensible thing to do is to leave it alone and either refill the pool or chlorinate the water properly and use a clarifier to remove the algae. Clarifier is expensive, it usually comes in liquid form and some pool shops charge as much as 1,500 baht for a 3.78 litre (1 US gallon) bottle, At that price it may be cheaper to change the water and give the pool a good scrub down.

It costs a lot more than 1500 baht for the water and for tankers to bring it.

1st a super-chlorination.

2nd copper sulfate

3rd as flocculant use aluminium sulfate.

(the quantities you google)

My pool is 20x20 meters, has 450 (fourhundredfifty) cubic meters of water, and I had it built 10 years ago.

Good luck

seabear

Go to your local pool store. Get some quick release chlorine tablets or granules. I use 30 of the small tablets and leave the pump running overnight. The next morning the pool is back looking nice and blue again. Our pool is 76sq mtrs.

Go to your nearest Home mart store and get a 5 gallon Jug Muriatic Acid, use one gallon. let it sit for the day and overnight, next day vacuum the whole lot out, backwash and keep testing every day.

Save your money with all the expensive "blue,yellow, green" labeled powders and liquids.

Want more info,dont hesitate to reply to me

Go to your nearest Home mart store and get a 5 gallon Jug Muriatic Acid, use one gallon. let it sit for the day and overnight, next day vacuum the whole lot out, backwash and keep testing every day.

Save your money with all the expensive "blue,yellow, green" labeled powders and liquids.

Want more info,dont hesitate to reply to me

Muritic acid will not work against algae. Muriatic acid is used to lower pH. Using acid in this method also will destroy much of the pool grout. This persons needs an effective sanitizer (chlorine) or an algaecide.

1st a super-chlorination.

2nd copper sulfate

3rd as flocculant use aluminium sulfate.

(the quantities you google)

My pool is 20x20 meters, has 450 (fourhundredfifty) cubic meters of water, and I had it built 10 years ago.

Good luck

seabear

I've used this basic method with stuff from this pool chemicals store and had great success. I know some people are totally against using algaecide to clear/kill algae but I've personally never had any problems with it staining and it works quickly and efficiently. Just make sure you get the pool scrubbed completely and keep it balanced from then on as if you don't get the algae completely cleared (which can be VERY difficult) you can quickly end up with the same problem again.

Gil

After following the doctors prescription an algaecide might be helpful.

Green color can also be caused by iron in the make up water which causes a yellow tint to combine with the blue water to look green. This can be removed by bringing the pH to 8 with soda ash then adding a few kg of poly aluminum chloride powder (quite possibly the yellow stuff you have) and let it settle over night. Vacuum the precipitate to waste.

• 2 weeks later...

But if you do that make sure you are in a position for a soft landing when you pass out!

It could be anything,

you know how recycling works here

Whats in the bag might have nothing to do with the noodle writing on the outside

Good luck

Stick your head into the yellow bag and give it a good sniff. Then you'll know if its chlorine or not. If it is, throw it all in the pool and you'll be right!