Ultrasonic Dog Repeller In Bangkok

Hi,

Before I bought my first bicycle in Bangkok I was thinking that the main threat would be cars, well I was wrong: those goddamn dogs are much more dangerous.

Any idea where I could buy an ultrasonic dog repeller in bangkok ?

(I prefer to use such a gizmo than throwing rocks, don't want to hurt them, well I kind of want but then my wife wouldn't forgive me)

Hope you can help.

Regards,

John

Edited by johnnok

Had this problem in Bangkok, I carried a small squirt gun with some fish sauce and prik, you can get some at the friendly street vendor, (after preparation filter out the small bits).<br>The same dogs came after me at the same location every day, I few squirts in the face or other sensitive areas and they never bothered me again.<br>No permanent damage to the dog. Must be strong enough to temporally blind them.<br><br>Cheers<br>

Had this problem in Bangkok, I carried a small squirt gun with some fish sauce and prik, you can get some at the friendly street vendor, (after preparation filter out the small bits).<br>The same dogs came after me at the same location every day, I few squirts in the face or other sensitive areas and they never bothered me again.<br>No permanent damage to the dog. Must be strong enough to temporally blind them.<br><br>Cheers<br>

Very interesting. I am going to try it. I regularly get chased by a couple of nasty dogs.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A few loud shouts or a raised fists or simply turning to face them is usually more than enough to "repel" most soi dogs in my opinion, after they've been allowed to manifest their territory. I'm a bit surprised they'd bother chasing you on a bicycle.

The main thing is to never become complacent about them but always to be vigilant when you're in their territory. I've made that mistake. It can be that there's a pregnant dog amongst them also. I believe that tends to make them more aggressive/protective.