My House In Phayao

nice wood but why all the pastel colors? Makes it looks about 45 years older

Never thought about it for colors. Light colors make the home cooler in summer, I know. Bought 3 books in Phayao of American homes in Thailand, picked one the family liked and the same color.

Maybe subconsciously my wife and I like it because we did live near Fort Worth for 7 years and the show "Dallas" was one of our forever favorites. Wife's cousin, who owns a contractor business has got a lot of business because of the style, quality from higher end clients.

Nice house! Do you enjoy living in Phayao?

Actually live in a small town about 10 minutes drive away. Love the area, know a lot of important people, wife's brother is ex-chief of police, retired. Love downtown Phayao and still growing. Just wish there was a MacDonald's or Pizza Hut around. Perfect place to retire for me and watch the world go by.

Maybe subconsciously my wife and I like it because we did live near Fort Worth for 7 years and the show "Dallas" was one of our forever favorites. Wife's cousin, who owns a contractor business has got a lot of business because of the style, quality from higher end clients.

Im not gonna judge you since you did grow up with that show :jap: I'll just blame CBS, wonder what are old thai's excuse :D

Have you got a photo of the old stilt house that you tore down? I live in a wooden stilt house out of choice - much prefer these simple, country houses.

Your new house looks very fine, but I feel that I would need to be walking about in a 10-gallon hat :)

But a fine looking house!

Simon

Have you got a photo of the old stilt house that you tore down? I live in a wooden stilt house out of choice - much prefer these simple, country houses.

Your new house looks very fine, but I feel that I would need to be walking about in a 10-gallon hat :)

But a fine looking house!

Simon

Here are some pics. I also enjoyed the old house. The bad part was the bathroom with the old bombsite toilet right next to the kitchen where people cooked. Also with the open air kitchen, the bad weather messed things up pretty good. I was visiting once in March and had hail, high winds, rain coming in. Wife grew up poor and the new house will serve us well when we retire there later in the year. Will visit this month. Used about every piece of all that teak wood for new floors, ceilings, windows, entertainment centers, etc which kept costs down.

post-98466-0-98701600-1294952169_thumb.j

post-98466-0-64685000-1294952193_thumb.j

post-98466-0-14173000-1294952222_thumb.j

post-98466-0-00402000-1294952252_thumb.j