Where To Buy A Pulse Rate Watch

dsfbrit

I would appreciate some advice on where I can buy one of those pulse rate watches worn a lot by people out jogging and at the gym.

I thought it would be a simple task, but neither Fascino which has lots of health 'gadgets', nor Tesco sells these. I dont want to try some 'dodgy' market stall somewhere as I want to be sure it works properly.

SO if anyone could tell me where they got theirs, or have seen them around in a reputable shop, I would very much appreciate knowing.

thanks a lot for your help...

You can find these at the Numchai cycle shop on the Sukumwit Road: the shop is on the right hand side just before you reach the footbridge at the traffic lights in Naklua. The pulse-rate monitor has a sensor which fits over the heart on an elastic belt, and relays its measurement to a sophisticated watch which can be attached to a cycle handlebar, training machine or even the wrist. However, these monitors are not cheap, depending on the model you choose of course. Hope this helps.

Thanks Lindley,

I know that shop, I have been in there before and its not far from where I live. Thats about the last place I would have tried...it looks like the sort of place that just sells bikes and their accessories. I bought a bike 'hooter' in there a while ago - so thanks.

All the 'City Chain' watch shops sell pulse rate/heart rate monitors. There are branches in most of the malls. A friend of mine bought a Puma heart rate monitor from the Carrefour branch recently.

Edited by DMC1

The large sports store on the first floor - beach side - at Pattaya Central also sells these. I think they carry some of the Polar range; though they are a bit pricey. I had to replace my chest belt recently and found that it was cheaper to buy a replacement in Singapore.

They are excellent devices and I wouldn't be without one - particularly as I am getting on and bit and not keen on reaching my maximum heart rate too often.

Londo

Thanks to londoedan and DMC1 for the additional sources. Thats great, I have a few more places to try to get a good one. I have not been to buy one yet and have to go to Big C in South Pattaya tomorrow so maybe there is a City Chain shop there. Is there a big difference in the accuracy of these devices is Puma range or Polar range better than the others???