Need Opinion Of Bar Flies, Drunks, Sots And Lushes

Elliot

I have this great party boat just sitting here in Chalong waiting for high season and keep thinking it would make a super alternative to the same old same old bars...It has two open air bars, an airconditioned "nightclub", excellent sound system and lots of club-style lights...see more at www.seadawgs.biz

We normally charge 2,000 baht for our four hour 9pm - 1 am Party Cruise which includes unlimited free shots, 40 baht draft Heineken, 40 baht coolers, and half the local prices on all mixed drinks...

What do you think would be an enticing offer (and let's try to be serious here - I'm not gonna pay you to come drink my beer!), that would get a decent (size, not character) crowd for local residents, expats, etc? No admission charge but a 1,000 baht minimum towards 40 baht beers and 20 baht shots, etc? 500 baht admission with 30 baht heineken and 15 baht shots? Some other combination of these?

We can operate all night as we are governed by marine regulations not the land police. I want to keep the boat in use and give my new staff some experience. Remember I need to pay for fuel for driving the boat and for electricity. This can be any night of the week.

What do you think?

I have this great party boat just sitting here in Chalong waiting for high season and keep thinking it would make a super alternative to the same old same old bars...It has two open air bars, an airconditioned "nightclub", excellent sound system and lots of club-style lights...see more at www.seadawgs.biz

We normally charge 2,000 baht for our four hour 9pm - 1 am Party Cruise which includes unlimited free shots, 40 baht draft Heineken, 40 baht coolers, and half the local prices on all mixed drinks...

What do you think would be an enticing offer (and let's try to be serious here - I'm not gonna pay you to come drink my beer!), that would get a decent (size, not character) crowd for local residents, expats, etc? No admission charge but a 1,000 baht minimum towards 40 baht beers and 20 baht shots, etc? 500 baht admission with 30 baht heineken and 15 baht shots?  Some other combination of these?

We can operate all night as we are governed by marine regulations not the land police. I want to keep the boat in use and give my new staff some experience. Remember I need to pay for fuel for driving the boat and for electricity. This can be any night of the week.

What do you think?

Unfortunatley I don't live in Phuket (oh, how I wish!), but it seems like a good idea. Perhaps you should state the max/min number of people you would take out on a cruice.

Good luck, next time I am down in Phuket, I may just check it out!

What do you think?

Unfortunatley I don't live in Phuket (oh, how I wish!), but it seems like a good idea. Perhaps you should state the max/min number of people you would take out on a cruice.

we need at least 20 to pay expenses but can legally carry 120!

What do you think?

Any chance of fetching it round to Patong, if so I might have 20 people for you ?..... PM me if you like.

Cheers

taking the boat, which weighs 107 tons, to patong, would cost about 16,000 baht round trip so for 20 pax it would not be such good idea...

the drive to chalong is not so bad from patong at night...

but i do appreciate your thinking about the possibilities...

thanks!

I couldn't possibly give my expert opinion on this as I am neither a bar fly, drunk, sot nor lush. I'm also 500 km from Pattaya.

However, if I was a bar fly, drunk, sot and/or lush living in Pattaya, I'd probably go for it.

What would you do if you were living in Phuket? :o

Cruise which includes unlimited free shots, 40 baht draft Heineken, 40 baht coolers, and half the local prices on all mixed drinks...
the drive to chalong is not so bad from patong at night...

the drive from chalong back to patong is the one you and everyone else on the road should be more concerned about.

ok guys, i appreciate the input but let's try to focus...

i need a poll on the question -

which would you prefer: pay 1000 baht pp minimum applicable towards 40 baht heinekens, 20 baht shots

or

500 baht cover charge with 30 baht heinekens and 15 baht shots?

thanks!

and i'm concerned about drining anywhere in thailand - its like playing a video game expert level on acid (i've heard)

That would sound pretty reasonable, but do you have a theme of the party that you have in mind? So far you have a boat which plays music and has heineken on tap, but what kind of people you want? Are you throwing a BBQ in as well? Just my thoughts. :o

ok...we're gonna make this fridays party cruise customers' choice, either pay a 1,000 baht pp minimum applicable towards 40 baht heinekens and 20 baht shots or pay 500 pp cover and get 30 baht heinekens and 15 baht shots...i'll see which is more popular...

theme: get hammered cheap! does that work for you?

low morals are, of course, a requisite...big boobs a little harder to find but i'm working on it...

fridays night 9pm to dawn...chalong pier...get on - get off the boat every hour...

call me 10 am - 6 pm for reservations: ((076) 280-737 ...

I'm afraid LadyinRed is right. I don't think you are going to attract the price conscious drinkers, which is many of the expat residents of the Chalong, Rawai and Nai Harn area.

Why don't you approach clubs like The British Businessmans club, Rotary Clubs, some of the informal golf associations. These are the kinds of places where you could get a large group of people that all know each other.

One group of twenty has to be easier than twenty groups of one.

theme: get hammered cheap! does that work for you?

There's plenty of places to get hammered cheap around Chalong without any cover charges. I'm not sold unfortunately.

thanks for the input...i havent see anywhere on phuket that sells heineken for 40 baht all night, maybe chang or tiger...and definitely not for 30 baht, which is cost...anyone drinking for 4 hours or longer will more than make up for the cover charge and have the advantages of being out on the boat - cool sea breezes, great secluded party atmosphere unlike sitting in a hot, dusty, car exhaust-laced bar...

we are always looking for organizations and groups who want to have private charter party cruises...we have done quote a few of these...we even had an episode of "temptation island" filmed on a cruise!

ok guys, i appreciate the input but let's try to focus...

i need a poll on the question -

which would you prefer: pay 1000 baht pp minimum applicable towards 40 baht heinekens, 20 baht shots

or

thanks!

and i'm concerned about drining anywhere in thailand - its like playing a video game expert level on acid (i've heard)

My advice is leave out the shots all together, people dont fall for the free shot thing anymore, especially when they know its nothing more than crushed ice and a dash of cheap vodka !

My advice is leave out the shots all together, people dont fall for the free shot thing anymore, especially when they know its nothing more than crushed ice and a dash of cheap vodka !

thnks for that - we put down an empty shot glass and fill it with hootch...if you want ice in another glass, ask, but its always a full shot... thats why everyone has a great time on our boat - and probably why i'm not a millionaire!

Why don't you team up with a bar owner and advertise for a pleasure cruise there.

Arround midnight you rent a few minibusses and ship the ladies and customers down to chalong. Have a pleasurecruise in the middle of the ocean and return around 6AM.... I sure would do it and enjoy it...

I agree with the previous post loose the shots, well at least when the majority of the farangs are not american

brgds

20 sounds great, any food?

120 sounds like heII on water

we have free snacks like popcorn, peanuts, pretzels and sell bbq chicken wings, sandwiches, etc for 100 baht a pop - minimal profit, just a courtesy...

the biggest crowd we had was 70+ and there was plenty of room...there are four separate areas with a total of 120 seats and plenty of space for standing up, walking around and dancing...