After 15 Years In Thailand And Going Back To The Us

KRS1

If you live at home and go to college, 30 hours a week at MacDonald's ($7.20 hr NY) covers the tuition.

I had part time jobs at a gas station to work on my car and at bars and hotels to work on my drinking and womanizing.

2 guys and myself shared a house so the rent wasn't bad.

I didn't have one but two of my daughters went to college with scholarships, one in Japan and one in Florida. The Japanese scholarship even paid for twice yearly airfare to the States.

With all of the community college and scholarship opportunities available if a young person does not go to college in the States they are lazy. I don't know about the past 5 years but before there were always fast food jobs available.

I stay in touch with one lady friend in Florida who at 50 years old is going to college and working part time at a furniture store to finance it. I realize the there is 10% unemployment but I imagine if one wants to work and is not picky about the job there is still employment available on the minimum wage level. Strippers in Tampa are still making $1000 a night, things can't be that bad.

I imagine if one is a laid off union factory worker used to making big bucks there might be a squeeze. Also I see a lot less London cab drivers in Thailand than 5 years ago.

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images