What Cant You Get In Thailand?

I have a friend that works for a major cosmetics brand that is part of the estee lauder conglemerate that handles most of the major brands such as clinique, mac, prescriptives, origins, aveda etc...) He says that products that they send to southeast asia and south america are usually the ones they can't move in the west or product is not up to western standards.

I have since always bought my products in the west where there is also an return policy.... I find it very difficult to return or exchange products here.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i hear that cosmetics and underwear aren't too bad a problem but for many western women in thailand, its almost impossible to get laid.

otherwise most other things are available if you look hard enough.  just my 2 satangs.

Actually it's quite easy for most foreign woman to get laid here if she lowers or changes her standards considerably, or - in the case of most farang male expats - closes her eyes and holds her nose, as a great many of them resemble floatsam from some distant, nuclear toxic waste dumpsite :o

Hi there ladies,

I'm writing on this behalf of my wife. We have no trouble finding cosmetics, beauty care, facials etc but we can't find any "western-sized" maternity clothes. Some maternity pillows would be helpful too.

I hope this is the best thread to ask this on. Thanks for your help :-)

SZ :o

i would say bras are the number one thing i can not find in thailand, along with underwear (thais wear what we americans refer to as "granny" underwear for the most part).  besides that, the things i miss from home are all food related. like cheese, good mexican food, krispy kreme donuts, artichokes, etc.

I have trouble with bras too. Most sizes are too small, or look ugly.

Well.... girl of your age can do without anyway... :o

totster :D

If I don't wear a bra my breasts will only sag when I get older. Read in a book once thats it's been proven breasts are not strong enough to support themselves so it causes quicker sagging in later life. So there :D

And Kat I hear you. Miles too much padding in all the bras over here

Edited by Ice Maiden

Wow, maternity clothes. Thats a tough one, its hard enough finding regular clothes! It seems most Thai ladies opt for what I call the "pregnant dresses" as soon as they get a bulge. Not very fashionable but comfy I guess :o

and Icemaiden, you are totally correct. The breasts don't actually have any muscles in them, it is the muscles in your chest (lats?) that hold them up. Anyway, if you keep yourself supported then you won't have to worry about getting a breast lift when you get older.

and Icemaiden, you are totally correct. The breasts don't actually have any muscles in them, it is the muscles in your chest (lats?) that hold them up. Anyway, if you keep yourself supported then you won't have to worry about getting a breast lift when you get older.

the muscles on the chest are called pectorals.

it'd be pretty interesting to have breasts growing out of your lats.

Hey, I am not a weightlifter, hence the question mark after it.

What I am sure of, and which most guys don't have a clue about, is the less a girl wears a bra the saggier she gets as she ages, as the muscles (whatever they are called, hardly matters really, does it?) aren't really holding up the weight. Or at least, for us more well-endowed types this matters, anyway. Sometimes I have thought it must be nice to be a bit smaller, not always having to wear a bra esp in April when the temps get so high and put up with prickly heat etc.

God some guys can be so pedantic.

something else I really miss here is Champagne... I am quite a Champagne drinker - or let's say: used to be.... However, paying 3000 Baht for a bottle of Moet (which, in my opinion, is not even a very good champagne)- in the supermarket, for crying out loud - is simply ridiculous... For that price I buy 3 bottles of GOOD champagne back home.

I don't even know what a bottle costs in a bar. I am sure it's better not to know.

What I can't seem to get here are hair ties and clips that actually work. They tend to look cute (a little too cutsie for my taste) and never really hold your hair in place.

I had no idea and I only have a few from back home. Not a big enough demand to import them, I guess.

agree about hair clips (barettes). i regret not buying some good ones before i left. another thing is it is difficult to find good quality backpacks. my good one got destroyed and i have had to put up with crappy ones that fall apart after one or two uses since.

i would say bras are the number one thing i can not find in thailand, along with underwear (thais wear what we americans refer to as "granny" underwear for the most part).  besides that, the things i miss from home are all food related. like cheese, good mexican food, krispy kreme donuts, artichokes, etc.

I have trouble with bras too. Most sizes are too small, or look ugly.

Well.... girl of your age can do without anyway... :o

totster :D

If I don't wear a bra my breasts will only sag when I get older. Read in a book once thats it's been proven breasts are not strong enough to support themselves so it causes quicker sagging in later life. So there :D

And Kat I hear you. Miles too much padding in all the bras over here

Yeah, you've got the right approach Ice.

something else I really miss here is Champagne... I am quite a Champagne drinker - or let's say: used to be.... However, paying 3000 Baht for a bottle of Moet (which, in my opinion, is not even a very good champagne)- in the supermarket, for crying out loud - is simply ridiculous... For that price I buy 3 bottles of GOOD champagne back home.

Agree totally.

By the way, BambinA, this is a completely honest question:

Do breast jobs ever sag? I don't think so, but I'm not sure.

agree about hair clips (barettes). i regret not buying some good ones before i left. another thing is it is difficult to find good quality backpacks. my good one got destroyed and i have had to put up with crappy ones that fall apart after one or two uses since.

i think we can find many nice fermacapelli here cheap till expensive like evita peroni

By the way, BambinA, this is a completely honest question:

Do breast jobs ever sag?  I don't think so, but I'm not sure.

Yes Kat ...from gravity

Bambi :o

Wow, maternity clothes. Thats a tough one, its hard enough finding regular clothes! It seems most Thai ladies opt for what I call the "pregnant dresses" as soon as they get a bulge. Not very fashionable but comfy I guess  :o

Thanks for taking the trouble to reply. Not the best news I guess but at least now we know :D

SZ

Wow, maternity clothes. Thats a tough one, its hard enough finding regular clothes! It seems most Thai ladies opt for what I call the "pregnant dresses" as soon as they get a bulge. Not very fashionable but comfy I guess  :o

Thanks for taking the trouble to reply. Not the best news I guess but at least now we know :D

SZ

I would suggest she finds a few designs she likes from magazines or web sites and have it made to measure, not really expensive and this way you are sure to like the fit and the colour.

hard  to find D -cup sexy bra here

when  i found  nice pattern ,  it just B or C ..sob....

Where can one find sexy bras of any size in Bangkok? The selection at Emporium and Central seems pathetic to me - there have got to be better places than that.

And another thing... my GF insists that bras and undies should be a matching pair, but does it really matter? It really limits the choice.

I would suggest she finds a few designs she likes from magazines or web sites and have it made to measure, not really expensive and this way you are sure to like the fit and the colour.

Not a bad idea Gisele. Thanks! When we got married she got her wedding dress made here and it was great. We just might give that a shot. :o

Agree on the bras and barettes.

I have occasionally found bras my size in Lotus...but old-lady style contraptions, nothing pretty. I can live with that but what's driving me crazy is the absence of strapless bras in large cup size. Finally fashion and standards have changed so that thin strapped blouses are OK to wear (I date back in Thailand to when they were considered indecent...), a blessing in this climate, but how to avoid the bra strap showing? I've taken to skipping the bra when around the house (not an option in public as I'm D cup) but worry about the sag factor so many others have mentioned....

Anyone know of a place with 85D strapless bras, please advise! Or for that matter anyplace online that will ship them to Thailand. I tried via Amazon only to get a "cannot be sjipped to that country" notice upon checkout.

BTW, various sizes of Tampax brand tampons in the supermarket on the 5th floor at Emporium.

Foodwise -- I lament the absence of cannolis. Tons of Italian restaurants but not a cannoli to be found. :o

Ask the Ladyboys where they shop, seen some girls/guys with big melons and very sexy underwear.... err from the outside only.

I also read about in the Bkk post some time ago about a farang girl or two complaining about there sex life here.

I can totally understand that.

Ask the Ladyboys where they shop, seen some girls/guys with big melons and very sexy underwear.... err from the outside only.

I also read about in the Bkk post some time ago about a farang girl or two complaining about there sex life here.

I can totally understand that.

:o And I can totally understand why your type is so in demand here: both money and bullshit talks.

Well Kat, why dont you tell me what my 'type' is, I would love it from your perspective !!!

I was very serious about the ladyboys, its an obvious possibilty for those complaining here about not being able to find the right bra's. Relax baby, if you dont know any or are to shy, I can ask for you and I know some guys with ladyboy friends, so dont be shy.

If it is the Bkk post article that bothers you, complain to them not me. The article made it easy to understand why some farang females are having a hard time sexually here. I said I understand this because i can see it from my side of the fence.

But is it possible you are not getting enough and have to take it out on me ????? My sex life is totally satisfied, would you like some pointers ?????