Pheu Thai MPs: Thaksin Approved His Sister Yingluck To Become Party Leader

webfact

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So there is no doubt that Thaksin is running the PTP party now... always has been, always will be

How stupid they party really is. They should know by now everything Thaksin touches will go to shit abd they still stress getting him involve. May be they know without his name, they completely lose the North vote.

Soon or later they will get infected by Mr. T poison anyways

So there is no doubt that Thaksin is running the PTP party now... always has been, always will be

But the red shirts don't like Thaksin, so they won't be voting for PTP. :whistling:

The red shirts don't like thaksin.

Where did that come from?

Can you please share a source for this statement. Thanks.

A common misunderstanding. What common red-shirts think and what UDD leaders do, is not always (or mostly ?) the same.

""I don't care anything about Thaksin," she said in English, with a laugh, when asked about the divisive figure, who is hated by the elite but supported by many Red Shirts for his policies before a military coup ousted him in 2006.

"Maybe the grassroots think differently from me," the 66-year-old told AFP."

Edited by rubl

And i approve my dog being the official holder of my own truth, even if he will later deny to recognize me, i promise to not swap him with any future dog or satellite being sent into the space, ThaiCom4 and Laika were both one off and will not be repeated again untill at least next election time :ph34r: <---that's an astronaut's head :D

Living in Thailand can deminish the capability for logical thinking.

Only difference with the others - and reason for his downfall: he is more succesfull at it .....

a fachist symbol

fashist or fachist, google and see both.

johnstewartfacepalm.jpg

Obviously only funny because he twice referenced his superior intellect.

But dude, you know like browsers have in-built spellcheck now right? Do yourself a solid... jap.gif

A very unwise move which I am sure will be applauded by the Dems.

Direct disassociation with Thaksin had to be the wise route, but then I suppose the PT have no one with the charisma to make a go of it.You would have thought somebody would have risen from the rank and file by now if it wad gong to happen.

It's got nothing to do with charisma. Without Thaksin's money, PTP would evaporate.

Whether or not the PT have anyone with charisma is not the point. Would make no difference. Despite all the comments on here to the contrary from those trying to raise the credibility of the red shirts/ the PT/ the UDD, the fact remains that all those movements/groups exist to serve one man and his family. He is the one pulling the strings. He is the one in control. What he wants, he gets, and what he wants right now, is someone at the helm who won't get distracted by personal ambition, and who won't forget that the whole reason for this sham is helping him get money and power back, and then getting revenge.

EIFWM.png

Yup. No need to run for that...wonderful strokeplay!

Thaksin hedging his bets. Does anything think this lady should be PM? Because that is what it means, if she is party leader.

No, it doesn't.

It could mean that, but it doesn't necessarily mean that.

Sister Yingluck as Party Leader and Brother Payup as PM would be the ultimate ticket.

Haven't seen this posted yet...Sven Goran-Eriksson destroying Thaksin today...

_50690224_98107115.jpg

http://news.bbc.co.u...ity/9344740.stm

The former England manager Sven-Goran Eriksson has told BBC Radio Manchester of his problems he had with former City chairman Thaksin Shinawatra.

The 62-year-old, now in charge at Leicester City, lasted only one year at Eastlands after joining in July 2007.

He said: "His biggest problem was that he didn't understand football at all and he didn't realise that.

"He thought football was easy just tell the players to be aggressive and we will resolve all the problems."

"I think we did well in the whole league more or less until Thaksin decided I had to go at the end of the season," he added.

"Every time we lost he never spoke to me for a week after but when we won it was dinner and very nice hugs and things, so it's difficult to work with people like that."

Sounds like Thaksin's "clutch" strategy for complex problems. Just ramp up that aggression.

As for hugging winners and snubbing after a loss...I had a coach just like that once. U/14's rugby. We all thought it hilarious as 13 yr olds. Not sure how it plays out as the owner of an EPL football club with top 4 aspirations...

Less amusing, I suspect. Maybe a bit more insane...?

Whether or not the PT have anyone with charisma is not the point. Would make no difference. Despite all the comments on here to the contrary from those trying to raise the credibility of the red shirts/ the PT/ the UDD, the fact remains that all those movements/groups exist to serve one man and his family. He is the one pulling the strings. He is the one in control. What he wants, he gets, and what he wants right now, is someone at the helm who won't get distracted by personal ambition, and who won't forget that the whole reason for this sham is helping him get money and power back, and then getting revenge.

It's the "getting revenge" aspect of this vindictive tyrant that would be particularly worrying as the list of people that he feels has wronged him over the past 5 years is a extremely lengthy one.

It'd make his drug war massacre look like an afternoon tea party.

Direct disassociation with Thaksin had to be the wise route, but then I suppose the PT have no one with the charisma to make a go of it.You would have thought somebody would have risen from the rank and file by now if it wad gong to happen.

An early election should see the Dems romp home-sadly!

1. Yesterday thaksin appoints his sister as party leader (she has said many times that she doesn't want the job), and 2 hours before that he gave an interview to a European newspaper saying that he is not involved any more in Thai politics. As always, lots of total untruths and twists of the truth, and he thinks nobody will notice.

2. Agree, nobody in PT has the charisma to be a prominent credible leader. Why? Simple answers:

a. Thaksin deliberately made sure there was nobody right from the start who could challenge him, by any criteria.

b. Thaksin in fact deliberately recruited people who were interested in one thing only - a chance at the feeding trough. Credibility, capability, concern for the welfare and development of Thais and Thailand not even on the agenda.

Sum num nar.

Edited by scorecard

An early election should see the Dems romp home-sadly!

1. Yesterday thaksin appoints his sister as party leader (she has said many times that she doesn't want the job), and 2 hours before that he gave an interview to a European newspaper saying that he is not involved any more in Thai politics. As always, lots of total untruths and twists of the truth, and he thinks nobody will notice.

2. Agree, nobody in PT has the charisma to be a prominent credible leader. Why? Simple answers:

a. Thaksin deliberately made sure there was nobody right from the start who could challenge him, by any criteria.

b. Thaksin in fact deliberately recruited people who were interested in one thing only - a chance at the feeding trough. Credibility, capability, concern for the welfare and development of Thais and Thailand not even on the agenda.

Sum num nar.

I don't think he's quite as stupid as you paint him (and no I don't want him back before you ask) but anyone who gained the PM's job, in any country, has to be smart. To suggest that he only appointed people who 'wanted to be at the feeding trough is a bit simplistic and naive. Anyway I think he's finished and should 'retire' and enjoy his money.

This morning's other thread on the upcoming Red Shirt rally showed this portion of the equation:

Red Shirt = Thaksin

and now this thread shows this portion of the equation:

PTP = Thaksin

which just confirms that equation

PTP = Red Shirt = Thaksin

rolls on

Let's continue your equation.

On the other thread you suggested that the red shirts are communists.

Therefore Thaksin = communist.

Woooooow.

Thaksin is many things, mostly bad.

But a communist?

Living in Thailand can deminish the capability for logical thinking.

Also the ability to spell correctly

I don't think he's quite as stupid as you paint him (and no I don't want him back before you ask) but anyone who gained the PM's job, in any country, has to be smart.

Explain George W.

Explain...Fiji's history of PMs.

You call blatantly buying several elections 'smart'?

I call it 'dishonest', lacking in 'morals', and massive deliberate well calculated manipulation of mostly ill-informed and largely poor people.

Would you expect that the population of most countries expect their PM to be a role model in terms of values and morals, the leading abvocate for upholding the law, etc etc? I suggest the population at large would have such an expectation, in any country.

At least in my book thaksin was the total opposite.

But you call that 'smart'.

Strange opinion, takes all kinds.

Edited by scorecard

I don't think he's quite as stupid as you paint him (and no I don't want him back before you ask) but anyone who gained the PM's job, in any country, has to be smart.

Explain George W.

Three posts one connecting line in all

money

This was the New Year's Greeting Card sent out by Thaksin (wearing his humble Man of the People rural Issan attire) this year.

35940735.jpg

Somehow, mine must have gotten misplaced at the local post office. :(

He's not from Isaan.

Explain George W.

I call it 'dishonest', lacking in 'morals', and massive deliberate well calculated manipulation of mostly ill-informed and largely poor people.

Would you expect that the population of most countries expect their PM to be a role model in terms of values and morals, the leading abvocate for upholding the law, etc etc? I suggest the population at large would have such an expectation, in any country.

There is no possible way to buy an election if there is please say how it's possible.

On the other hand it is/was possible for the Amataya/Military to buy forty Phuea Thai MPs (Bhumjaithai) and install their man Abhisit as P.M..

There is no possible way to buy an election if there is please say how it's possible.

On the other hand it is/was possible for the Amataya/Military to buy forty Phuea Thai MPs (Bhumjaithai) and install their man Abhisit as P.M..

So it's possible for one rich group to put someone in as PM, but not possible for another rich group to put someone (himself) in as PM?

For those keeping score, we went from the thread title:

Thaksin Unlikely To Back Mingkwan

o the revised sub-title of that thread:

UPDATE: Thaksin agrees to have Mingkwan nominated

To the title of this thread, in which he goes with someone else:

Thaksin Approved His Sister Yingluck To Become Party Leader

all within the span of 11 days. :wacko::blink:

Yep... Pheu Thai Party remains confused and fragmented which is reflected in, just a sampling of, thread titles going back... YEARS

Leadership Uncertainties Threatening To Blow Pheu Thai Party Apart

Yongyuth Returns As Pheu Thai Party Leader Amid Turmoil

Pheu Thai - Confusion, Conspiracy Theory, And Back To Square One

Pheu Thai Party Chief Quits In Mystery Move

Pheu Thai Party Going Forward Or Sliding Back?

I don't see the point of a post composed of selective news headlines or are you saying you believe every headline in the local English language press?

Edited by termad

So it's possible for one rich group to put someone in as PM, but not possible for another rich group to put someone (himself) in as PM?

whybother...why bother?

What I would give for an intelligent poster on that side of the debate. Arguing with these guys feels like dancing with sisters. Or even aunts. Chubby ones. Drunk on eggnog.

To Celine Dion soundtrack.

Puppets on a string!

More like hand puppets, you know where the hand goes.

And fingers roll the eyes and move the mouths.

Not a position I find attractive..

It's always been about Thaksin, since day one

TRT, PPP, PTP. and Red Shirts as the street wing for turmoil creation.

Nothing but a preasure group, to manipulate the populace; fear or hope.

Either one, or both at once, if they think it brings advantage.

Explain George W.

The only pre-requisite is the ability to accumulate or attract power behind you.

Or someone sees advantage to putting power behind you.

One method of accumulating power is to be amoral, obsessive and greedy in the extreme.

One method of getting power behind you is to buy it.

Another is to be reasonably clean appearing, but not naive about how the game is played.

Another is to have daddy buy you the job, because he knows where the skeletons are buried.

this explains W.

Explain George W.

did I equate 'smart' with 'good'? NO but he ain't stupid - hitler and stalin weren't stupid

Duh, do the maths - how many voters would you need to buy and how much would it cost. Do you have any estimate? Also, presumably you would pay in advance so how would you know that the elector had actually voted for you unless you stood behind him/her in the voting booth?

On the other hand the purchase of Newin and his forty friends (all Phuea Thai M.P.s) by the Military and Amataya to install Abhisit was possible and if you take into account the millions of votes that those forty M.P.s represented it was the biggest example of vote buying in the country's history and a gross betrayal of the people who had voted for them.

Edited by termad

This was the New Year's Greeting Card sent out by Thaksin (wearing his humble Man of the People rural Issan attire) this year.

35940735.jpg

Somehow, mine must have gotten misplaced at the local post office. :(

He's not from Isaan.

Yes, we all know that. But the political base he manipulates is.

So he is clearly acting like he is one of them. Hence this card.

One more deceitful appearance to tweaks the hearts and minds

of a credulous target populace.

Duh, do the maths - how many voters would you need to buy and how much would it cost. Do you have any estimate? Also, presumably you would pay in advance so how would you know that the elector had actually voted for you unless you stood behind him/her in the voting booth?

On the other hand the purchase of Newin and his forty friends (all Phuea Thai M.P.s) by the Military and Amataya was possible and if you take into account the millions of votes that those forty M.P.s represented it was the biggest example of vote buying in the country's history and a gross betrayal of the people who had voted for them.

Buy the village headmen and other local influentials,

the village populace follows where they bread and butter tells them to go

or else.

Puppets on a string!

More like hand puppets, you know where the hand goes.

And fingers roll the eyes and move the mouths.

Not a position I find attractive..

It's always been about Thaksin, since day one

TRT, PPP, PTP. and Red Shirts as the street wing for turmoil creation.

Nothing but a preasure group, to manipulate the populace; fear or hope.

Either one, or both at once, if they think it brings advantage.

I would think that your confusing Thaksin and the political parties that you have mentioned with the pressure group called the Thai Military who staged a coup against an elected goverment.