Need Somewhere To Stay

teddysbuttons

Hi Teddysbuttons . Nice to hear from you again. :)

Loads of places near the Clock Tower. Down Jetyod road mostly. I haven't stayed in any for a while so I'll leave the recommendations to someone who has.

I do normally stay at Baan Bua. We know the Owner, Thai Lady speaks excellent English. very friendly place.

Google baanbuaguesthouse. You'll not go far wrong there. ;)

Hon? Is that short for honey?

How many honeys does Jubby have? B)

I got a smell of a dog been buried here....

Hmm, can we get Kandahar to put some light on this !

Please :jap:

B):ph34r::blink:

Deja Vu Svenivan, I've just buried a Cat. Honestly; not less than an Hour ago :)

Tell em about the Honey, Kd B)

Edited by jubby

As an alternative to the usual flop houses of local hotels, Try LEK House guest house and hotel. Go west from the clock tower (toward Chiang Rai Condo's and Rico's), about a half kilometer past the first traffic light. On the left side just before the 2nd traffic light. 5-10 minute walk to the center of town. Close to the Day Market and China Town. Less than 1 kilo from the center of town.

Swimming pool, bar and restaurant, A/C or non A/C, cable and UBC TV Free Wi-Fi Internet. Run by a great lady named Guitar (pronounced Kittha) married to a nice Dutch Man named Mike.

Rooms about 500 winter months. Ask them about longer stay discounts. They even have a Room with a Jacuzzi Tub.

http://www.smilinglandsite.com/lek-house/index.html

Or try the Sportsman Hotel near the Old Airport. Or the Sportsman's sister properties at the intersection. About 500 baht average for hotel room. Nice value and clean with amenities. Sportsman and tsimilar hotels are about 2 kilometers from town and a bit of a walk. If you have transportation, or take a tuk tuk it is not far.

As an alternative to the usual flop houses of local hotels, Try LEK House guest house and hotel. Go west from the clock tower (toward Chiang Rai Condo's and Rico's), about a half kilometer past the first traffic light. On the left side just before the 2nd traffic light. 5-10 minute walk to the center of town. Close to the Day Market and China Town. Less than 1 kilo from the center of town.

Swimming pool, bar and restaurant, A/C or non A/C, cable and UBC TV Free Wi-Fi Internet. Run by a great lady named Guitar (pronounced Kittha) married to a nice Dutch Man named Mike.

Rooms about 500 winter months. Ask them about longer stay discounts. They even have a Room with a Jacuzzi Tub.

http://www.smilingla...ouse/index.html

Or try the Sportsman Hotel near the Old Airport. Or the Sportsman's sister properties at the intersection. About 500 baht average for hotel room. Nice value and clean with amenities. Sportsman and tsimilar hotels are about 2 kilometers from town and a bit of a walk. If you have transportation, or take a tuk tuk it is not far.

That's what I call that area. :D

Concerning the place to stay, I would suggest just showing up and having a look. As has been mentioned before, you will have some people on hand to help you when you arrive. It is not a problem to give you a tour of the prospective places when you arrive and let you decide for yourself. You can get a decent hotel room for a night or two until you make a decision. Don't fret.

China Town ? Is that anywhere near Soi Muslim ?

The area West from the soi of the New and Old Clock Towers. South of the Day Market, and North of the New Clock Tower and the Schools. There is a Islam Mosque in that area.

The place I refer to as China Town is decorated in Red and Gold with quite a bit of Chinese style signage, and lots of people with Chinese type features.

But then again, I'm a farong :jap: