Thai Police Launch Major Crackdown On Drugs

webfact

The injustices inflicted onto the drug addicts of the world (and Thailand's addicts are as victims as any other nation's, perhaps even more legitimately so)....the injustices are on a scale right up there with the injustices inflicted against the indigenous races of colour, genocide against ethnic groups, etc.

What injustices are you talking about??

The laws that deal with drugs dealing, consumption etc. might be strict, arcane and out of date but as long as laws are not changed that's just the way it is and you take your chances when you break the law.

Also I don't see why addicts are victims unless self inflicted abuse makes you a victim somehow. A victim of stupidity comes to mind.

The theory of legalization sounds nice but how would you implement legalization practically?

Take for example cocaine. You could legalize it and sell it from pharmacies or whatever but from who are you going to import it? I don't really see the government going to import whole sale from various para military groups, FARC and what have you.

Same goes for heroin. I'm not sure who is controlling the opium crop nowadays in Afghanistan but it's definitely not the government and more likely the Taliban or various war lords with whom you would have to deal in order to get your supply.

Amphetamines are probably the easiest to legalize because you can make them basically anywhere so the government can just start a meth factory without having to deal with all sorts of criminal organizations that control the drug trade.

Not sure if that would be a wise move though because why would you want to legalize something which in the long run basically causes irreversible brain damage at a much quicker rate than for example alcohol.

At the moment a lot of addicts will end up in jail and with legalization they'll probably end up in some sort of mental institution. Either way the government will try to control things so I'm not really sure what would be best.

Edited by cdnvic
Topic closed -unable to keep on topic, too many posts deleted

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic