Difference In Riding A Cruiser And A Sport Bike

floridaguy

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even my pick up truck is quicker than a ER6 :jap:

Thanks for proving to everyone just how clueless you really are :lol:

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt

No it show just how little you know. Er6 runs around 12 sec, :jap: I drive a fast truck :lol:

You guys that know jackshit about HD sit there talking crap every day about something you know little about but say a few words about a cheap budget bike and all the girls are up in arms :D

Edited by Shocktreatment

ER6n's are definitely sports bikes, perhaps not in the same league as a Supersports or Superbikes. Sure they can be out horsepowered over the 180 zone, but they can still hold there own on most days on the road in the twisties with a competent rider.

Come on Tony dont be like that,

Its not my fault many bought a sports bike that cant stay with my harley or my pickup in a straight line :lol:

Lolz, like I said, you are funny as <deleted>!

I like how you have to add that "in a straight line" disclaimer at the end :lol:

3293815-harley_motivation.jpg

to the OP

you also need to consider passenger comfort if you will have a partner accompanying you on any riding adventures, there are some very nice bikes that are classed as sport tourers, they are very fast - top 3 fastest production bikes in the world are in this class one from each of the 3 main Jap manufacturers, they provide huge torque and power and comfort for both rider and passenger, when you go 2 up on a sport bike the become pretty much useless to ride as the extra weight soaks up what little torque there was and you need the ride in the high revs to get it to go, also sub 600cc is again useless for 2 up

PS a steed or phantom is no comparison to anything mentioned above, they are barely quicker than a honda wave, you haven't realy been on a real motorbike yet mate :whistling:

Edited by smedly

And my Harley eats ERs for dinner in a straight line.

HAHAHA!!!!! Unless you are riding a V-Rod or have a fully modded 113" motor, you're out of your mind. And even on a V-Rod you wouldn't be "eating them for breakfast". It would be more like a few bike lengths and the end of a quarter mile. Any other Hardley Ridable would be lucky to see and ER6's tail lights at the end of a 1/4.

http://www.mcnews.co...01perfindex.pdf

V-Rod is the only sub 12 sec Harley and the FatBoy is the only sub 13 sec (barely) followed by everything else. You might wanna do a bit of research before you start throwing out claims like that like that.

Yes a V rod will eat you for dinner, I am running about 110 hp in a light frame, have already gone against a er6 as my mate rides one, he also couldnt be told and thought his was fast too, and you aint got nothing mate :lol: so hope you like looking at a harley ass because if try against any thing with a bit of work it will leave you standing.

Like I said its a sports bike when you dont have a sports bike, Its a slow bike just because it looks like a sports bike dont make it so :D

Well really it pretty well a sports bike joke to any one that rides a real sports bike :jap:

just had to add something to this debate, we are talking about a heavily modified HD vers a stock Er6n, hardly a fair comparison, i wonder how a lightly modified er6n would fair, (I believe they are restricted in thailand anyway), you could strap a rocket pack to that HD and make all sorts of claims, also another thing to note here is 600cc vers 1300+ - says a lot about HD needing nearly 3x the engine size plus mods just to barely stay in front..........tooooooo funny :lol:

Edited by smedly

Sportsbike: Power, lightning fast acceleration, needs a lot of concentration and skills. uncomfortable, cruiser is opposite.

My Gixxer has a lot of power, can certainly go lightning fast when I want it to. Riding always requires concentration and skill, doesn't it? Though I guess I'd have to agree that a cruiser requires less skill to ride than a sport bike... :rolleyes:

Bira6FebTonyGixxerSSR.jpg

Oh, and my Gixxer is extremely comfortable... Have done plenty of 1000km days on the Gixxer and it's never been uncomfortable.

0121Route12Cafe2Sm.jpg

where you racing at Bira yesterday ?