Printer Install

Lost in LOS

I installed the drivers for my brother multi-function printer. all okay. There is also a driver that has a control center for the scanner [use to use it on my windows]. It is for my mac. I install it and it says it is installed. For a few seconds the Brother Control Center flashes on the screen then disappears. I cannot find it on my computer. I have searched every way I can think of for over an hour. I looked in applications, in the hard drive, etc. I searched everywhere with search words like: - brother - scanner - control center etc. I cannot find it. I looked at every file on my hard-drive. I reloaded it about 6 times [it goes to the hard disk] and each time the control center window flashes for a few seconds and disappears

I thought this mac was going to be much easier but so far doing things in windows was much easier, I know its a learning curve but I just spent the afternoon trying to do this and cant.

any ideas?

thanks

open any imaging programm .. like "Preview.app"

klick "File" -> "Import from scanner"

in the submenau the Scaner should then apear ..

if you select it .. the scanning dialog will pop up.

open any imaging programm .. like "Preview.app"

klick "File" -> "Import from scanner"

in the submenau the Scaner should then apear ..

if you select it .. the scanning dialog will pop up.

I can get my scanner to work before, the drivers worked for that, but very basic on scanner. It is on my printer icon, when I open that there is a print or scan option, but scan interface isnt vey good. There is a special driver for just the scanner, from Brother, that lets me set up special scans and different ways to do it and save it, called the Brother Control Center. It has this nice interface for scanning by itself, so I can scan documents, pics etc. I can find where it went. Last night I booted the computer and when the screen went blank, and took all the icons off, just before it shut down, the program showed the interface on the screen and then the computer shut off to reboot. When it restarted it is the same, cant find it.

On my windows it comes up on start-up, and there is a little icon on the bottom with CC#. I can find the actual program on my computer in programs-brother-control center.

It must be on my computer somewhere but I sure cant find it.

nullx8, thanks for all your help, appreciate it

I found the app. It put an icon on the desktop but it never did anything. I just happened to see some very tiny icons at the top right hand side of a bar on the top of my screen. I clicked them to see what they were and it was one of them and the program opened up, just as it should have. I would like to get it off of that bar and into applications so I will play with that next. works great, thanks for the help

• 1 month later...

I also have this problem with printer / scanner plugged in via USB to airport extreme.

Printer works fine, no issues there but it does not recognize any scanner which is a pain, maybe i need a new printer? Are some printer / scanner combo's compatible with Apple and some not?

JH