Favourite Midnight / Early Hours Of The Morning Snacks

tigerfish

trip to the nearest 7 / 11 anyone or maybe a bit of street food.

me, it all depends on where i am at.

if out and about around town and in the so called wrong places and watching the footie wink.gif then a chicken or beef kebab goes down a treat. out with a few thai friends and family with time on our hands, usually grab a bottle of whiskey and head for a favourite place of ours on petchburi rd that sells excellent cheap thai street food. if out all night down the local morlam / tawandeng clubs then its off for a bowl of khutieow ped (duck noodle soup),

or if like now, a ham cheese toastie and b.b. qed pork bun will suffice. biggrin.gif

I was intrigued in a 7-11 recently, but not enough to try it (yet), by the sight of a hamburger between two rice patties (i.e.rice in place of the bun). Anyone had a go?

Actually, they're quite . . . grim . . . but when you're so hungry you could even eat one of their hotdogs, when needs must.

An interesting expedited culinary delight of the 7-11 kind.

The 'burger steak gai' at 7-11 is actually really good and is a nice late night snack. Actual chicken thigh and not some weird burger patty. Ham and cheese toasties and pork buns are good too, as are their frozen meals.

Several restaurants near me are open until 4am or so, and serve beer and whiskey too, so they make a great late night snack. If in Suhkumvit or Khao San usually go for a kebab or a slice of pizza. Then there's always the 24/7 Foodlands

And McDonalds delivers 24/7, they start to sound pretty good if drunk at 3am

Edited by DP25

The 'burger steak gai' at 7-11 is actually really good and is a nice late night snack. Actual chicken thigh and not some weird burger patty. Ham and cheese toasties and pork buns are good too, as are their frozen meals.

Several restaurants near me are open until 4am or so, and serve beer and whiskey too, so they make a great late night snack. If in Suhkumvit or Khao San usually go for a kebab or a slice of pizza. Then there's always the 24/7 Foodlands

And McDonalds delivers 24/7, they start to sound pretty good if drunk at 3am

The pizza toasted sandwich things are alright. In fact it's all alright and so cheap it defies the 1st law of thermodynamics.

I was intrigued in a 7-11 recently, but not enough to try it (yet), by the sight of a hamburger between two rice patties (i.e.rice in place of the bun). Anyone had a go?

I have never eaten anything at a Seven Eleven except that thing you're describing. It actually tastes pretty good. Here's a couple of tips. There are two types , regular and spicy. Order the spicy one. If the 7-11 folks cook it they will cook it in the plastic bag and too long at that. It will be scalding, if not molten. Do it youself in one of their paper food envelopes, or whatever they are. Anyhow, it's only to be eaten if drunk. Bon Appetit!

Edited by lannarebirth

I have never eaten anything at a Seven Eleven except that thing you're describing. It actually tastes pretty good. Here's a couple of tips. There are two types , regular and spicy. Order the spicy one. If the 7-11 folks cook it they will cook it in the plastic bag and too long at that. It will be scalding, if not molten. Do it youself in one of their paper food envelopes, or whatever they are. Anyhow, it's only to be eaten if drunk. Bon Appetit!

Looking at the topic again, let me say that last entry is certainly not my favorite food. About 11- 11:30 each evning a place opens up selling moo tawt, khao niaow, nam phrik noum, hard boiled eggs etc. That's my favorite late night spot here in Chiang Mai.

On Samui its moo deng every time.

Well almost never really as Jack Coke usually suffices. :D

reminds me somewhat of the days when i and a mate who i house shared with would jump in his fiesta xr2 i down to the local off licence.

half an our later, sitting in front of the box watching re - runs of fawlty towers and blackadder, scoffing down chocolate hob nobs, cans of scrumpy jack and pissing ourselves with laughter for no apparent reason. whistling.gifwink.gif

Edited by tigerfish

Do you remember waaaaaay back in UK, OXO crisps ?. Never know why they stopped making them, they were great, not quite the same but here can buy Nori Seaweed crisps which reminded me of the oxo crisps, my daily last munch. :D

Back in my younger days when I was back in the US, we used to get one of these after a long nite of drinking...

garbage_plate.jpg

It looks almost perfect for a belly full of beer....but what is it?

Here you go tigerfish the perfect walking home in the rain pissed up food....

79414446_b3930cbd19_m.jpg

:D

When I was younger and backpacking round the States I holed up for a while with my dad's American pal and family in Vegas. 20 years later and the thought of his homemade sour cream and onion dip with a monster bag of tortilla chips at 2 in the morning still gets me drooling.

I have to say when it comes to comfort food the yanks have got it sorted.

Edited by mca

When I was younger and backpacking round the States I holed up for a while with my dad's American pal and family in Vegas. 20 years later and the thought of his homemade sour cream and onion dip with a monster bag of tortilla chips at 2 in the morning still gets me drooling.

I have to say when it comes to comfort food the yanks have got it sorted.

Absolutely.

Fond memories of Denny's (USA) breakfast, and l am English. :licklips::)

There was one place near my host's house that did these burgers with the sour dough buns. They always boasted about their " secret recipe"

Must have included crack cocaine the amount of them I stuffed down my face over time. Every burger I've had since has never matched up.

I think yu'll find a large doner kebab is the perfect walking home in the rain pissed up food..

large_doner_kebab-12084.jpg

totster :D

I think yu'll find a large doner kebab is the perfect walking home in the rain pissed up food..

With that wonderful chilli sauce they conjure up. Forgot all about Donors. :licklips:

With that wonderful chilli sauce they conjure up. Forgot all about Donors. :licklips:

Glad you mentioned chilli sauce cos that one needs an extra squirt or two! :D

Mmmmmmm!!