Favourite Midnight / Early Hours Of The Morning Snacks

tigerfish

To be fair, this is a 'best-case fantasy' menu; I've never tried this combination...

Put a couple of bits of bread under the grill.

Put the chip pan on to heat up while you peel the spuds; Big wet American baking potatoes if you can get them, and if you have plenty of brown sauce and vinegar, particularly if you are steaming drunk. Half way through the peeling, break off for some cursing, open the windows to let the smoke clear, and put another couple of bits of bread under the grill; throw the charcoal in the bin.

Slice some cheese and cheap co-op haggis.

Turn the bread, and put the cheese atop the haggis slices on the bread;

Put the chips in the fat; it should be so hot, with all the fannying about with the grill, that you get little sparks in vapour above the pan.

It might be prudent to phone the fire brigade now, rather than later, although I suppose there is a small chance that it could yet be a false alarm. I'd not be surprised but if you have a gas grill, you could now have a tremendous explosion. In any case, with all the boiling fat about, this is not a menu to attempt in your boxers.

DO NOT leave the fat on the burner while you peel a second load of spuds, even if you are entertaining a large crowd. If you do, When the second set goes in, the fat will be so hot it is bound to end in tears.

As well as the obvious hazards associated with this menu: Clogged arteries, stroke etc; the following hazards should be borne in mind, particularly, as mentioned if attempting it after arriving home from the pub:

- Hairpiece catches fire whilst checking under the grill, either from the grill, or the gas burner, or from sparks in the fat above the chip pan

- While checking under the grill, neck tie goes in chip fat, causing burns to the stomach or chest when you straighten up

It may be prudent to remove one's toupee and neck tie, unless it is particularly important to maintain one's debonair and sartorial elegance.

- Chip pan catches fire

- Burning toast sets off smoke detector, waking house mates; during explanation and consequent momentary distraction, chip pan catches fire

- Severed finger while peeling or slicing potatoes. Note that in this case, the chips would NOT be Halal.

Be sure to turn off, and check that it is turned off, the gas after finishing. Put the chip pan on a back burner. Do NOT pour the hot fat into an old oil bottle (it will melt) nor into a coffee mug; the foul black morass could be mistaken for black coffee in the morning, when the senses are dulled by a hang-over. For fear that your house mates have not been so prudent, always put milk in any cup of black coffee you find in the kitchen; this is a sure-fire way of differentiating congealing old chip fat from cold coffee.

Anyway, you should now be able to sit down, crack open a can of McEwans or Irn Bru, as the taste takes you, and enjoy a hearty snack of chips and haggis&cheese toasties, with lashings of brown sauce and vinegar.

DO NOT tell your doctor about this, as it may void your health insurance - and also your buildings and contents...

SC

It looks almost perfect for a belly full of beer....but what is it?

Here you go tigerfish the perfect walking home in the rain pissed up food....

I think yu'll find a large doner kebab is the perfect walking home in the rain pissed up food..

large_doner_kebab-12084.jpg

totster :D

It doesn't look the same when its not down the front of your shirt and trousers

SC

Peanut butter sandwich

They have peanut butter in Thailand?

Actually, I always have a bowl of fruit available.

I prefer TWAP or Beetlejuice's idea of a snack, but I already had that this afternoon and I'm still starving for another. It's non filling

If I was in Canada I'd just pull some cooked crabs legs or smoked salmon out of the fridge. A snack isn't something I want to cook.

Edited by IanForbes

To be fair, this is a 'best-case fantasy' menu; I've never tried this combination...

Put the chip pan on to heat up while you peel the spuds; Big wet American baking potatoes if you can get them, and if you have plenty of brown sauce and vinegar, particularly if you are steaming drunk. Half way through the peeling, break off for some cursing, open the windows to let the smoke clear, and put another couple of bits of bread under the grill; throw the charcoal in the bin.

Put the chips in the fat; it should be so hot, with all the fannying about with the grill, that you get little sparks in vapour above the pan.

It might be prudent to phone the fire brigade now, rather than later, although I suppose there is a small chance that it could yet be a false alarm. I'd not be surprised but if you have a gas grill, you could now have a tremendous explosion. In any case, with all the boiling fat about, this is not a menu to attempt in your boxers.

DO NOT leave the fat on the burner while you peel a second load of spuds, even if you are entertaining a large crowd. If you do, When the second set goes in, the fat will be so hot it is bound to end in tears.

As well as the obvious hazards associated with this menu: Clogged arteries, stroke etc; the following hazards should be borne in mind, particularly, as mentioned if attempting it after arriving home from the pub:

- Hairpiece catches fire whilst checking under the grill, either from the grill, or the gas burner, or from sparks in the fat above the chip pan

- While checking under the grill, neck tie goes in chip fat, causing burns to the stomach or chest when you straighten up

It may be prudent to remove one's toupee and neck tie, unless it is particularly important to maintain one's debonair and sartorial elegance.

- Chip pan catches fire

- Burning toast sets off smoke detector, waking house mates; during explanation and consequent momentary distraction, chip pan catches fire

- Severed finger while peeling or slicing potatoes. Note that in this case, the chips would NOT be Halal.

Be sure to turn off, and check that it is turned off, the gas after finishing. Put the chip pan on a back burner. Do NOT pour the hot fat into an old oil bottle (it will melt) nor into a coffee mug; the foul black morass could be mistaken for black coffee in the morning, when the senses are dulled by a hang-over. For fear that your house mates have not been so prudent, always put milk in any cup of black coffee you find in the kitchen; this is a sure-fire way of differentiating congealing old chip fat from cold coffee.

Anyway, you should now be able to sit down, crack open a can of McEwans or Irn Bru, as the taste takes you, and enjoy a hearty snack of chips and haggis&cheese toasties, with lashings of brown sauce and vinegar.

DO NOT tell your doctor about this, as it may void your health insurance - and also your buildings and contents...

SC

TGF phones you just as the first batch of chips hit the plate.

Out of the frying pan......

Here you go tigerfish the perfect walking home in the rain pissed up food....

I think yu'll find a large doner kebab is the perfect walking home in the rain pissed up food..

large_doner_kebab-12084.jpg

totster :D

It doesn't look the same when its not down the front of your shirt and trousers

SC

That comment made me laugh and gag. :D

That comment made me laugh and gag. :D

I('m not even going to ask what you were doing at the time mate! :lol:

Finished big lunch and pictured this image from his reply: http://www.thebuzzmedia.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/02/schalke_fan_puke_on_self.jpg (Don't click if you are sensitive!)

Nice.

BTW for those who are contemplating lunch and haven't eaten yet and also want to lose a few kilos through diet click below. Instant loss of appetite

http://worldofwonder.net/2010/04/01/332ce7a4_620.jpg

Umm, is it inappropriate to say that I prefer to nibble on a cute bird? A caress of the tongue a gentle nuzzle, and well, ok, truth be told I get "what are you doing, don't touch...", but maybe there is a Lothario Hannibal Lechter out there....... ph34r.gif

We do all that after our midnight snack. :D

- Chip pan catches fire

SC

TGF phones you just as the first batch of chips hit the plate.

Out of the frying pan......

"Who you bring home last night?"

"Just me"

"But you drunk. Too much potato peelings. Two plates. One person not eat so much."

"I had to take two plates, because I hadn't finished the first lot when the second lot were ready"

"If you only, who cut off finger you?"

"I was drunk, peeling potatos"

"Why not go hospital, stitch on"

"I fell asleep after eating two plates of chips..."

Its enough to drive you to chastity, almost.

SC

Edited by StreetCowboy

To my eternal shame my wife gave me a slight rollicking for allowing our daughter (7) to make a cheese and onion omlette while she was out and make a complete mess of the kitchen, cooker, sink area, pan etc.

Err...That wasn't her it was me.

To my eternal shame my wife gave me a slight rollicking for allowing our daughter (7) to make a cheese and onion omlette while she was out and make a complete mess of the kitchen, cooker, sink area, pan etc.

Err...That wasn't her it was me.

Still, at least you got a rollicking out of it....

SC

It's called a "Garbage Plate" ...

The original Garbage Plate was created at Nick Tahou Hots' fast-food restaurant more than fifty years ago. Tahou came to Rochester in 1937, selling hot dogs near the railroad depot.

Legend has it that long-ago college students asked Nick Tahou for a dish with ''all the garbage'' on it. So, he concocted his original combo plate with two hamburger patties and a choice of two sides — usually some combination of home fries, macaroni salad, and beans. The contents are often laced heavily with ketchup and hot sauce, and mixed together before eating. Rolls or white bread are served on the side.

The Garbage Plate is considered a great late-night snack, and this restaurant is packed with diners from around midnight to 4:00 a.m

http://whatscookingamerica.net/History/GarbagePlate.htm

garbage_plate.jpg

Yet another mug of coffee and two chocolate digestive biscuits. Is the nearest that I come to fast food.

Granddad? I thought you were dead! Shit! :D

Sorry to disappoint you. :D I suppose that you are waiting for a few quid from my estate after I said that I would remember you in my Will. Well here it is. Hiya!

I never could handle that. Dunking biccies and then swallowing the last mouthful from the mug of liquid and congealed soggy <deleted>. uurgh.

Me too! Mind you , if you haven't got any teeth left .........................................