Cuts From Shaving

gravion

hi, i've used gillette 2 blade razor, 49baht, 37 on promotion... but seems to get cuts every time when i shave below chin area right above adams apple area.

i do use any foams, just soap. never had this problem with 3 blade gilette mach 3, but them cost like 150 and like 300 for razor refills.

ive tried using 3 razor bic, 49 baht. i think i had no cuts, but i threw it away, i tink because not lubricated enough or someting.

i do not want to use electric shaver although ive never used it b4.. i dont want hassle with repair razor fault etc...

also i am very keeniao.

what are me best options?

thanx for any advice.... cheers mate

Well if you're using normal soap (as opposed to shaving soap), you'll get a hard shave, more chance of nics and possibly rash. You need shaving soap/foam/gel that have glycerin, lathering agents in there to make everything smoother. I use the same double-blade gillette and get a good shave every time. I do hot water first with nivea shaving foam (pictured), followed by a cold water shave other way - have particularly rough stubble! Some folk like to have a shower first before shaving, which is also a good idea for softening your mush up, and have even read of people preparing for a shave the night before by using moisturisers on their boat race. :unsure:

I've tried everything there is (including shampoo) and out of all of them this stuff is the dogs doodas:

nivea-for-men-shaving-foam-sensitive.jpg

It's around 200 baht but lasts couple months and feels great. May be a bit much for you, but if you want a crackin, comfortable shave...

If you don't have the dosh, try a drop of baby oil on your soap. :whistling:

I use Boots Gel costs no more than 150baht a can, also use 5 bladed razors from Watsons, or Schick razors (available from Tescos and Villa).

Cannot use an electric shaver as come out in rashes, and the above razors are the best I have found.

Best time to shave is in the evening. Wash your face first, hot water with soap or shower gel, (after a shower is best) the bristles on your face absorbs the water and become more pliable. Use a quality shaving Gel, and a non-disposable razor, something like a Gillette Mac-3. Don't put aftershave on you mush!!! Use a moisturiser.

The old straight edge barbers use to say every beard requires a different approach and handling. If the op wants a consistent smooth shave he will have to find what suits him, not what others have experienced or think.

Gillette Mach3 with Gatsby shaving gel.

Does a great job and for the tight-<deleted> out there, the gel makes the blades last for ages. OP, stop being so tight an invest a little, you'll end up saving in the end.

Coming from one of the greatest tight areses of all times :lol:

Does a great job and for the tight-<deleted> out there, the gel makes the blades last for ages. OP, stop being so tight an invest a little, you'll end up saving in the end.

My Grandad was Scottish, I learned from the best.

Where's Sweeney Todd?

Alright! You, sir? How about a shave? Come and visit your good friend Sweeney! You sir! Too, sir. Welcome to the grave... I will have vengeance. I will have salvation... Who, sir? You sir!No one's in the chair. Come on, come on! Sweeney's waiting. I want you bleeders. You sir? Anybody? Gentlemen, now don't be shy. Not one man... No, nor ten men... Nor a hundred can assuage me. I will have you! And I will get him back even as he gloats; In the meantime I'll practice on less honorable throats... And my Lucy lies in ashes, and I'll never see my girl again. But the work waits! I'm alive at last, and I'm full of joy!

It would seem that some of you boys have no culture. laugh.gif

My Grandad was Scottish, I learned from the best.

I use Gillette Sensor Excel blades....buy 10 for £8 lasts me the year....also use decent shaving gel...a couple of bottles of this should last out the year too.

I always buy them in the UK as the blades seem to last longer for some reason.

Toothpaste is a whole separate issue of course.....

Many Barbers in the U.K. recommend - first massage into your face and neck moisturising cream.

- Then a hot shower.

- then apply the shaving foam or Gel and wait for a minute or two to pentrate the whiskers and skin.

- Then shave.

I also use a Gillete Mach 3 and have good close shaves every time.The quality of the blades are such, that even though high cost - they do last well and stay sharp.

ill be honest with u. i really hate the brand gillette, their slogan "the best the man can get"

with federor, tiger woods, and rodeo? (soccer dude) looking at u

anyways thanx for advices... i will invest in some shaving foam and im assuming it will be all good...

also i do not have access to hot shower, (3700baht a month rent, although got ceiling fan, aircon, very fast wifi, cable tv...)and i shave and brush teeth while im showering.

oh i gotta say... i goota shave me leg and armpit as well :P as well as my little bro

ill be honest with u. i really hate the brand gillette, their slogan "the best the man can get"

with federor, tiger woods, and rodeo? (soccer dude) looking at u

anyways thanx for advices... i will invest in some shaving foam and im assuming it will be all good...

also i do not have access to hot shower, (3700baht a month rent, although got ceiling fan, aircon, very fast wifi, cable tv...)and i shave and brush teeth while im showering.

After the first 6 months the blades do tend to lose their edge, thus resulting in cuts :) I use palmolive for men with palm extract, comes in a green toothpaste type tube, a little goes a long way, sorry mine has lasted so long I can't remember where I bought it!

Is the fan sharp?

Seriously though, sounds like a torture technique, shaving with decent blades and shaving gel. :o

What else do you do for kicks, get ur misses to 'waterboard' you, just for laughs? :lol:

Let me guess, u've still got the first dollar you made, tied up in the corner of ur hanky?

Gillette Contour 2 razor, with disposable blades.

I have had it for years.

In India they make Shaving Rounds, blocks of shaving soap,

plus a good old fashioned brush.

No problem with cuts with this combination. :thumbsup:

It all started with a double edged single bladed safety razor, Then it was decided that a two bladed razor was better, and after a while the price hiking shaving mafia invented the 3 bladed razor, and now there is the 4 and 5 blade razor, with.... as an extra one blade on the back for those hard to reach places, sideburns, whatever. In a way we have gone back to square one with those ones for a part.

Never used the single blade double edged ones, not that old, but a 2 blade one did the job very well, close and smooth shave. They took them of the market, some of them still around but hard to come by. Spent quite a bit of time looking for them but gave up, we are forced to buy more expensive ones.

Bought the 3 bladed ones, horrible, they last about 4-5 Days if I shave once a day. The shave feels close but after about 8 hours Patsycat will not kiss me anymore I am sure. 4 bladed ones same same.

Gave up electric shaving in tropical climates, nothing but trouble for me there, works well in colder climates though.

Also tried the two bladed Gillette Vector ones sold at 7-11, but they don't compare with the two bladed ones I had before. They don't shave but ` remove` the hair in a painful way.

Desperately looking for a shaving system, sold world wide what does the trick for me. Now I keep on using the Mach 3 so I can at least shave with the same type of blade, but usually twice a day depending on circumstances, and then the blades only lasts 3-4 days.

The advantage is that I can buy them wherever I am.

Changing the various razors/blades only makes it worse to keep a smooth face. Thinking about giving the original safety razors a try, some German factory sells nice ones, and the blades used are for free, at least compared to the Mach 3 ones. And yes the foam used and the way it is applied makes a difference. Shaving oil improved things a bit.

Got to go, but first..shave again..

Now me, I take a tip from the Thai lads, which I'm happy to pass on to the wise amongst you. Simply take two one baht coins and place them between thumb and forefinger. Then, using one of the mirrors on your 'bike for guidance help, (this is what they were put there for), pluck the offending hairs out one by one. Do your nasal hairs and spots at the same time, why not? Should you grow tired of this, or be interrupted by a sudden, forward, unexplained surge in the traffic, simply replace the coins in your ears (that's what they were put there for) and continue your ride until the next occasion to continue your grooming occurs. Note that this method requires no blade, no lotion, no foam, no after shave, no electricity and, best of all, causes no facial cuts. Should you notice a certain dullness at the edge of the coins after a year or two, simply turn them over and continue with the other side. In cases where ear wax build up is suspected of dulling the coin edge, simply spend the coins and replace with two fresh ones. Easy - eh? Another advantage to this method is that you don't have to be anywhere special to do it. Night or day, rain or shine, Sukhumvit will do equally as well as Silom.

My wife often says that she is impressed by the way I have adopted Thai ways in my day to day life. Frankly, I am a little surprised that none of the brighter TV members had spotted this as a solution to the OP's problem. Come on chaps! Wake up, look around you and take note - many of our so-called problems could be solved if we just paid some attention to the teachers that dwell amongst us.

Next week, my take on anti-perspirants and de-odourants.

It all started with a double edged single bladed safety razor, Then it was decided that a two bladed razor was better, and after a while the price hiking shaving mafia invented the 3 bladed razor, and now there is the 4 and 5 blade razor, with.... as an extra one blade on the back for those hard to reach places, sideburns, whatever. In a way we have gone back to square one with those ones for a part.

You should try those new 7 blade advanced blades mate. Awesome stuff.

The first blade wakes up the hairs; the second blade brings the breakfast and invigorates the dermis to allow for a smooth application of the gel/foam. The third blade tells the fourth blade to lift the follicles a bit so you can get a really close shave . . . . etc etc. So good you only have to shave once a week.

Not sure but sounds like the OP found good blades but he doesn't like the brand name. Time to get over yourself perhaps?

Otherwise try some ladies' hair removal creams cool.gif