New Fish And Chip Place At Meechok Plaza

neilrob

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The menu is still Pratties, the fish is great, crispy. The fries were decent. But my only problem is the small portion size.

Any other places for great fish and chips??? with large (UKsize) portions.

Pratties had the edge on portion size and price

Really sad that he did not get the level of support that automatically accrues when posters post in a thread like this. But I trust Charlie is enjoying his retirement and I wish circumstances had been different and he could have stayed. Nice guy, nice food

The menu is still Pratties, the fish is great, crispy. The fries were decent. But my only problem is the small portion size.

Really sad that he did not get the level of support that automatically accrues when posters post in a thread like this. But I trust Charlie is enjoying his retirement and I wish circumstances had been different and he could have stayed. Nice guy, nice food

I saw him yesterday on his mountain bike, he looked very well. Looks alot more relaxed now also.

Agree. Charlie and his wife were great people who earned the praise and loyalty from those who frequented their establishment.

• 2 weeks later...

You've lived here for 3 years and you don't know that Kelly's used to be Praties.

I've lived here a lot longer than that, and have been near Meechok plaza only one time. (not noticing much except the supermarket and a kid's clothing shop at the time. )

I've lived here for 10 years and I've never heard of "Kelly's"

You've lived here for 3 years and you don't know that Kelly's used to be Praties.

I've lived here a lot longer than that, and have been near Meechok plaza only one time. (not noticing much except the supermarket and a kid's clothing shop at the time. )

Not surprising that you have not heard of them, they just opened last month.:whistling:

Been there on several occasions. Nice guy and great staff but ohhh! it takes so long to get your food. C"mon Rob .... food delivery a little quicker please ...how long does it take to get a coffee...15/20 minutes and burger and chips 30 minutes.!!!

Lunch at Bistro 1 at Rimping/Airport yesterday.

Fish and chips, 170B. Friendly English owner, more than I wanted to eat for lunch but still polished the plate.

IMG_1782.JPG

Last month!!

You need to get bit more.

Not surprising that you have not heard of them, they just opened last month.:whistling:

Been there on several occasions. Nice guy and great staff but ohhh! it takes so long to get your food. C"mon Rob .... food delivery a little quicker please ...how long does it take to get a coffee...15/20 minutes and burger and chips 30 minutes.!!!

Lunch at Bistro 1 at Rimping/Airport yesterday.

Fish and chips, 170B. Friendly English owner, more than I wanted to eat for lunch but still polished the plate.

IMG_1782.JPG

I'd wait an hour for this if it tasted half as good as it looks.

I guess you must just be unlucky. I've only been to Kelly's twice so far but on both occasions have been surprised in the opposite direction - more of a wow, that was fast!

Now, if it was Spanky's that you were talking about I could understand it - using too much of their own products would be bound to slow them down... :blink:

I went there yesterday, every table was full. I got served within 5 minutes, food and coffee within 15 minutes.

Sure Rob had some teething problems when he first took over from Charlie and Anne (what business doesn't), but I think he is doing a great job. He is definitely putting a lot of hard work into his business.

I went there yesterday, every table was full. I got served within 5 minutes, food and coffee within 15 minutes.

Sure Rob had some teething problems when he first took over from Charlie and Anne (what business doesn't), but I think he is doing a great job. He is definitely putting a lot of hard work into his business.

What did you get served in 5 minutes if it took 15 minuets for your coffee and food to arrive?:whistling:

Edited by gotlost

What did you get served in 5 minutes if it took 15 minuets for your coffee and food to arrive?:whistling:

Order taken in 5, served in 15. Hope that clarifies it for you gotlost.

• 6 months later...

Sorry to resurrect this old chestnut but the last F & C thread was locked.

I can stand the injustice no more! And must give a plug to my local...

Yuree Fish + Chips. Both fish and potato cooked as fresh as they come and as good as anything I've had in Australia (no mean feat). At 185 a throw maybe a bit much for some but more then reasonable in your former currency for the quality on show.

Location: 20/2 Soi 2 Kampangdin Road T Chang Klan (behind Loi Kroh Wat).

No affiliations.

Kellys took over from Pratty's (same place, different owner, semi different menu)

The fish and chips are excellent - he won an award in england for his previous fish and chips shop

He has daily specials (around 4-5) about 120 baht

His chips are a little soft and he doesn't have flake or barramundi. How can you have fish and chips without flake or barramundi.

Kellys took over from Pratty's (same place, different owner, semi different menu)

The fish and chips are excellent - he won an award in england for his previous fish and chips shop

He has daily specials (around 4-5) about 120 baht

His chips are a little soft and he doesn't have flake or barramundi. How can you have fish and chips without flake or barramundi.

Quite easily really. You'll not find very many Fish & Chip shops in the UK serving Barramundi.

UK style is the style used at Kelly's

Quite easily really. You'll not find very many Fish & Chip shops in the UK serving Barramundi.

The days mrclough, we would be lucky to find someone in the UK that knows what Barramundi is! wink.gif

What is Barramundi? a fish?

A fish that is very popular in Australia. I have fond memories of Fish and Chips in Freemantle and I always ordered Barramundi.

And they give very big portions too! thumbsup.gif

I just can't get used to Barramundi and Chips,

Edited by uptheos

"A fish that is very popular in Australia. I have fond memories of Fish and Chips in Freemantle and I always ordered Barramundi. "

KO how'd ya escape ?

You are required to show Photo of shackle Mark.

john

I myself just wore a very-tight paid-of-socks on the plane, then removed them just before Aussie-Immigration, and told the bloke that the red-rings round my lower-calves were shackle-marks ! :lol: I was in-like-Flynn ... No Worries Mate ! :D

The days mrclough, we would be lucky to find someone in the UK that knows what Barramundi is! wink.gif

What is Barramundi? a fish?

A native freshwater fish in the tropical areas of northern Australia. Generally cooked whole or grilled. You can get it in Thailand but only at the more upmarket restuarants as it is quite expensive.

Miss good fish and chips and can't find them in Chiangmai. Get cravings for a couple of dim sims (not dim sums) potatoe cakes and a piece of flake (shark) in beer batter, side serving of pickled onions. Need an Aussie, well aussie of greek decent to open up a decent fish and chip shop in chiangmai.