Oz Tourist Visa For Thai Gf.

Can anyone give me an up to date account, &/or tips, on their recent experience getting a tourist visa to Australia for a Thai GF, known for a year plus.

She has a house & a job & the 2 to 3 week holiday costs, including accommodation, will be covered. Have some documentation confirming the length of the relationship with some gaps so a bit pessimistic.

Is it possible to discuss the situation with someone at the Embassy before applying?

Any insights appreciated as to what the score is currently, as hoping it has improved. Thanking you.

You cant discuss with the Embassy before applying. Go to the Immigration website for information.

Ok, You have known her for 12 months, thats good. You dont need to show a relationship just that you actually know her. So photos letters phone bills etc provide evidemce of that.

She has a job, can she get a letter from the boss stating that she is granted leave and will have a job to return to? that gives reason to return.

Include copies of the house ownership papers in the application.

If you are providing financial support, you will need to show proof of income, tax return or at least 6 months worth of payslips. Also fill out the additional funds provider question on the application form.

You say "hoping it has improved"? Have you brought someone else to Oz previously or had a previous application refused for this girl or another girl. There will be records of your involvement in any previous applications you have supported.

Thanks for the advice, especially about the pre application interview prospects.

Understand the need to supply information as required, it is just that is not as strong as it might be; ie a recent gap in the work history, not much liquidity, don't have a lot to verify the relationship duration etc.

Was looking more to get some indication from someone who has applied recently as to the prevailing attitude.. previously they seemed to look for a way to say no. Also concerned about possible delays.

No previous history involved but a search only threw up experiences/posts from a couple of years ago... & generally negative.

Thanks again though for your input.

Well you wont know unless you try.

Dont worry about other peoples experience or what they talk about.....each case is determined on its individual merits as would your girls. So asking for a recent applicant to give you an idea as to prevailing attitudes is a waste of time. Put in the best application you can and see how you go.

The application takes about 5-6 working days to process.

Thanks for the advice, especially about the pre application interview prospects.

Understand the need to supply information as required, it is just that is not as strong as it might be; ie a recent gap in the work history, not much liquidity, don't have a lot to verify the relationship duration etc.

Was looking more to get some indication from someone who has applied recently as to the prevailing attitude.. previously they seemed to look for a way to say no. Also concerned about possible delays.

No previous history involved but a search only threw up experiences/posts from a couple of years ago... & generally negative.

Thanks again though for your input.

I have just gone through the whole exercise last month. We put together a folder containing the following

1. completed application form

2. covering letter from me supporting the application

3. proof of relationship from last twelve months, Photos, copies of phone bills, emails etc as a sample over the twelve month periods. several of each so there where gaps in the timeline.

4. proof of finances for both of us,

5. letter from GF employer

6. house papers

7. copy of my passport as proof of my Aussie citizenship

8. all my contact details if any further info was recquired. But I wasnt contacted

It all went through ok , only took 5 days just before christmas.

good luck