Alcohol Sales In Phuket

LaurenceNaylor

1. What are the times alcohol can be sold from supermarkets in Phuket?

2. Can you still purchase alcohol in bulk outside these times?

3. How many litres make up a bulk purchase?

Selling of alcohol is allowed from 11 AM to 2 PM and from 5PM to midnight, Alcohol of 10 liters or more is what you consider bulk and is permissible during the none selling period. FYI this law applies to all of Thailand and the selling hours also apply to all bars/pubs/restaurants.

I must admit, I never realised that the permitted hours were also applicable to restaurants, until a lunch we had in Fuji (Central) the other day. I asked for a second small bottle of Singha which the waitress refused (it was 2.15 pm).

As far as I know they can serve you alcohol at any time if you are in a restaurant ? But then again they could have changed it all since the last time we asked :blink:

Yes I agree, I've never been refused a wine at a restarant 'after hours'. I always thought the rule did not apply when eating food.

As far as I know they can serve you alcohol at any time if you are in a restaurant ? But then again they could have changed it all since the last time we asked :blink:

Yes I agree, I've never been refused a wine at a restarant 'after hours'. I always thought the rule did not apply when eating food.

Some of the restaurants in large (huge) chains follow the law on not serving alcohol 14 to 17. Sizzler, Fuji, Pizza company, and MK. Most 7-eleven do to. They all have computer registers.

They have a policy of absolutely no tea money

Carrefour has recently put up a sign in the alcohol area which seems to indicate that they will not sell booze during the prohibited times. However, I've bought small amounts of beer there today and a few days ago between 2 and 5.