Drunk Swedish Diplomat Runs Checkpoint

george

I was reading an article the other day and they interviewed 4 Thai celebreties.

The question was if you were driving home drunk and needed to go to the toilet. Would you stop at a closed petrol station.

Now not one of the people said that they wouldn't drive drunk. They all gave their answer like "I would .......

Not very good role models.

C

I showed this question to the thai people at the offcie and asked them if they saw anything strange with the answers. Not one of them reacted...

And it wasn't only drunk, I believe the wording was "pissed drunk"

Have you also tried this on some swedes and see their answers?

If I asked you what you will do if you were rich, would you start answering me that you don't think you would ever be rich?

In my experience it is the Brits who are the greatest culprits when it comes to drunk driving among the falangs.

I never Drink when I`m Driving.........Cos I always spill too much :o

In my personal experience (limited, but still), he is one of the more polite visa staff of the embassy - I have to say I was really surprised to read these news.

*If* the reports are true he is definitely way out of line. In that case I guess he is one the people whose personality changes completely when drunk.

As usual, we don't know what the true story is... just a story filtered through the media. Previous stories should have taught us to take the media here with a HUGE pinch of salt (...and a shot of tequila :o ).

In my personal experience (limited, but still), he is one of the more polite visa staff of the embassy - I have to say I was really surprised to read these news.

*If* the reports are true he is definitely way out of line. In that case I guess he is one the people whose personality changes completely when drunk.

As usual, we don't know what the true story is... just a story filtered through the media. Previous stories should have taught us to take the media here with a HUGE pinch of salt (...and a shot of tequila :o ).

I agree with the whole post except...

Thai Visa is becoming as guilty as The Nation of sensational headlines, it seems the culprit is not a diplomat, just a low level official- but we don't want to spoil a good story do we?

The northern Europeans are historically drunken sots/hooligans due to their appalling weather, unlike their southern neighbours who are more subtle with their classy wines and superior food.

However Meadish Sweetball has proved to be a outstanding exception with his insight, intelligence, sincerity,and recent classic line on the Thai Language forum: 'I am a mere Swede'

His modesty is a shining example to all 'quick to condemn whoever' posters,who should qualify their posts with,'I am a mere....'

A small extraction out of Expressen newspaper:

" Den 28-årige svensken arbetar på ambassadens visumavdelning, men har också en annan karriär. Han är känd som både modell och såpaskådis i Thailand. För två år sedan vann han en modelltävling. 28-åringen har också en egen hemsida på internet. Där är ett foto av honom inramat av rosa hjärtan."

Wich means: The 28 year old Swede is working at thevisa section, but also have another career. He is known as both a male model and an actor in soap operas.

Two years ago he won a model competition. The 28 year old also have a home page on internet where a photo of him can be found surrounded by pink hearts. :D:D:D:o

Swede's are all piss'eads :D

" Den 28-årige svensken arbetar på ambassadens visumavdelning, men har också en annan karriär. Han är känd som både modell och såpaskådis i Thailand. För två år sedan vann han en modelltävling. 28-åringen har också en egen hemsida på internet. Där är ett foto av honom inramat av rosa hjärtan."

Wich means: The 28 year old Swede is working at thevisa section, but also have another career. He is known as both a male model and an actor in soap operas.

Two years ago he won a model competition. The 28 year old also have a home page on internet where a photo of him can be found surrounded by pink hearts. :D  :D  :D  :D

It's not as if Dr.'s statement needs further proof (with the obvious exception of just a few)...but in full support of his assessment, here's edh's same post entered over 4 hours previously in the wrong thread:

Drunk Driver Sentenced To Death

edh  Today, 2005-09-04 17:47:24 Post #31 

" Den 28-årige svensken arbetar på ambassadens

- shortened -

The 28 year old also have a home page on internet where a photo of him can be found surrounded by pink hearts

Just joshing with my Scandanavian friends... of which, for some reason, I have several..

:D

Now, regarding the post: I'm sure the "diplomat's" home page looks just darling...

:D:D

do they provide the URL?

:o

Edited by sriracha john

• 1 year later...
Many countries now regard driving while intoxicated to be a very serious offense because it potentially risks the lives of other innocent people. Do people on this forum think it is fair and just for a " Diplomat " to think he or she can simply do anything that breaks the law and just get away with it by hiding behind the " diplomatic status " ? I certainly dont !! :o

It`s different for minor offenses such as parking fines and such things but to do all the things this person did in connection with this offense - i certainly believe he or she should immediately be sent packing back to Sweden.

Drunk driving is not a serious offence here.In theroy if you have a dip passport, you can get away with murder...just like certain members of the Thai population. :D

And like certain libyan embassy staff in the early 1980s! :D

Drink driving has been shown to cause a lot of misery and suffering and I wholeheartedly condemn it. It should be avoided at all costs.

Another thing that should be avoided at all costs is the late night road block in the Siam Hotel area. A friend of mine was returning home after working late, stone cold sober. He was stopped in his pick-up and was approached by a big-wig copper (the ones that wear the huge hats and have some weird exemption from wearing motorcycle helmets.) and the first thing the copper said was "You whiskey". No evidence, no breathalyser, no truth in the accusation. He was detained for 40 minutes.