Advice On Visa Run To Lao

I have a double entry (4 month) visa which i got in uk before entry,i entered thailand on the 18th of november but it was issued earlier.I have 2 questions 1.Does the first 2 month start on date of issue or when you enter thailand? 2.What is in store for me at lao,i already have my visa for thailand but how much am i expected to pay to get into lao? its just the woman at the thai consulate in the uk warned me about paying more money but wasnt specific.

any advice would be greatly appreciated,thanks.

Your time starts when u enter Thailand.

After the 2 months, go to any immigration and extend by 30 days.

After that, go on a 'visa run'.. just a bus to the border, stamp out and in and activate the 2nd entry. Cambodia is favorite and there are a few services that go from Bkk.. 2000 baht all in. (includes Cam visa)

After the 2 months, go to any immigration and extend by 30 days. (again)

SWo you get 6 months from it.. good eh?

Ok..?

(i bet this gets moved to the "Thai visa" section)

Edited by justaphase

If you extend the first entry 30 days you have to make sure you depart/return for the second entry is before the expiration date on the visa itself (not your 30 day extension of stay time) which may be 90 days from date of issue. If you do not plan to stay longer than 120 days no extension of stay is required. Believe entry/visa to Laos is about US $30 but varies a bit by nationality.

But if he is living in Udon/Nong Khai area it would make a lot of sense to enter Laos. I don't see any mention that he is in Bangkok or Pattaya area so Laos may be the best option.

Good thinking.. <_< bit early for me Lop3

Maybe he lives in Yala.. free Malay visa then!!

Just seen he's in KK.. Laos then mate!!

Edited by justaphase

The Laos Visa for a UK passport holder is 1,500 Baht.

cheers lite beer

If you pay in US dollars (30) you will pay less than the 1500baht. / save a few hundred baht if you want by getting some nice clean US bills before you go.

Edited by CharlieH

yes im in kk and i think it takes 3 hours by bus to the border so think i will go lao this time,next year cambodia and think i will get 30$ to save a few baht,thanks for all the advice guys

A few tips for you:

Dont forget your photos

After paying and receiving your visa, walk straight through the queues for immigration as you will have received your "in" stamp with your visa.

Walk to the end of that platform, turn left (ignore all the taxi totuts)and back down the other side of the building to stamp"out" of Laos.

Walk straight ahead for the 20 baht Bus back over the bridge.

Fill in your entry card, stamp IN to Thailand check your date stamp is correct in the passport.

This is assuming you dont want to actually go into Laos for a look around before coming back to Thailand.

Good luck and enjoy the trip.:)

The Laos Visa for a UK passport holder is 1,500 Baht.

cheers lite beer

If you pay in US dollars (30) you will pay less than the 1500baht. / save a few hundred baht if you want by getting some nice clean US bills before you go.

I thought it was us$35 for uk citizens us aussies get ours for us$30.

Also there is a change booth right near the place you get visa into lao last week i bought us$30 for 960baht.