Petrol Scam

Old Croc

the interesting thing with thai language at the pump is that the new fuels are all called by their English names

B5 could have been called beeha, but its called beefive

and gasohol is called gasohol

95 is still gaosibha tho :)

and these days you will get a glare back if you say "increase my petrol/fuel". You need to state what fuel you want, gasohol gaosibha krab :D

Since we drive the same make, model and year of vehicle, what do you ask for at Shell stations? Every time I've tried to buy petrol at Shell stations it's always been unclear which product fits and as a result I usually buy emergency rations of what's offered and that's all. PS: I'm a slow learner.

Not sure which of my vehicles or ex-vehicles you refere to, but Shell has lost my petrol/gasohol business as they dont clearly inform on how much Ethanol it contains. PTT it is for us now. Shell still has superior diesel tho, V-Power, which is a Euro IV diesel much cleaner than others. But all other pumps will introduce similar this year

Why do so many people complain about so called scams and being ripped off, if you do can not be bothered to get out of your car and check the pump and total price to pay then what do you expect!! I have never been ripped off or scammed when re-fueling because I get off my bike or out of the car to look at the pump before he starts to fill and obviously there to check amount and price, stop being lazy,get out of the car..

Old Croc just saw your reply regarding health problems so appoligise for the stop being lazy, but anyway if anyone who is filling up stays in the car then unfortunately there will be problems that is life and that is Thailand..

Yes why complain about being cheated.. Its obviously your own fault when someone steals from you !! :whistling:

Yes if you stay in your car and do not check what is happening then yes it is your fault, if your house is burgled then it is not your fault.

With your reasoning, it is your fault if you're burgled because you left the house unguarded or went to sleep at the time.

Should one follow the maid or gardener around watching in case they steal some of your belongings?

Do you watch everybody in Thailand all the time in case they may rip you off?

Obviously, I am now aware that petrol station pump attendants fall into the same catagory as the jetski operators, but as none of the smart <deleted> here ever started a thread entitled "Pump Mafia", it was an unexpected ripoff for a new comer like me.

Edited by Old Croc

With your reasoning, it is your fault if you're burgled because you left the house unguarded or went to sleep at the time.

Should one follow the maid or gardener around watching in case they steal some of your belongings?

Do you watch everybody in Thailand all the time in case they may rip you off?

Obviously, I am now aware that petrol station pump attendants fall into the same catagory as the jetski operators, but as none of the smart <deleted> here ever started a thread entitled "Pump Mafia", it was an unexpected ripoff for a new comer like me.

mmm I dont see being burgled as the owners fault as you can not watch your property 100% of the time but you are able to watch the petrol pump attendant 100% of the time, as for watching everyone in Thailand I am aware all of the time it could happen and fortunately for me I have only been subjected to duel pricing so far which I accept without complaining.