Narcissus Club

coutsa

Was there last Saturday (well, I was in NARZ which I think is the same place?).... it has three bars and two were very quiet, but the Hip Hop bar was buzzing and a had a good, friendly crowd of mainly Thai but with quite a few foreigners mixed in. Music was wider than just hip hop - mostly western with only a few Thai songs. Age range looks about 18 to 35 .... I was probably the oldest geezer there but still had a good night.

Nicely fitted out, decent drink prices, easy to get a taxi despite off Sukhumvit location.

Good place in my view ... but only on the peak Friday/Saturday nights from around midnight. I bet it's much too quiet for such a big place on other nights.

Edited by Familyonthemove

"Decent drink prices"?? More like ridiculous drink prices. Although it's one of the few places that stays open till the sun comes up.

I do hate that on New Year's Eve they decided to confiscate water bottles at the door so you'd have to buy their stupidly over-priced water... doesn't really encourage responsible drinking.

I wandered in there once with a friend a week ago or so. I forget the night but it was really just dead. Some randoms walking about aimlessly. Music was terrible. A small handful of average-looking ladies dancing in front of the DJ booth, either friends with or trying to get the attention of the 2nd worst DJ in Bangkok (Insomnia's DJ will take some beating there).

Cheap drinks though, for sure. Not sure what the fellow above is saying. I can't remember prices but my friend and I both were surprised at the low prices, I remember that.

I was back there on Friday .... Hip Hop bar busy from 1:00 a.m and very busy from 3:00 a.m ... good crowd .... other bars empty. Also looked at the drink prices properly this time ... 150 THB for a beer.

But yes - the DJ sucks .... he keeps turning and music off and shouting; "put your hands in the air .... put your hands in the air ..... put your hands in the air ... " and he doesn't even notice that everyone has stopped dancing and is looking at the him waiting for him to stop messing about and play some tunes.

Still worth a trip if you go after 1:00 am and can tolerate the DJ ..... decent-ish music when he stops gabbing and a fun crowd.

I do hate that on New Year's Eve they decided to confiscate water bottles at the door so you'd have to buy their stupidly over-priced water... doesn't really encourage responsible drinking.

Terrible for someone who spends lots of money building an establishment that sells drinks not too let the clientèle bring their own, those pesky Thais!

As they say in the Seychelles - dead as a dodo and not a Portuguese in sight! (if you know your history).

If you know your natural history you would know that the Dodo once lived on the island of Mauritius.

And if you know your geography you would know that the island of Mauritius lies about 2000 km south of the Seychelles.

Now about those Portugese, or do you mean Dutch?

I was back there on Friday .... Hip Hop bar busy from 1:00 a.m and very busy from 3:00 a.m ... good crowd .... other bars empty. Also looked at the drink prices properly this time ... 150 THB for a beer.

But yes - the DJ sucks .... he keeps turning and music off and shouting; "put your hands in the air .... put your hands in the air ..... put your hands in the air ... " and he doesn't even notice that everyone has stopped dancing and is looking at the him waiting for him to stop messing about and play some tunes.

Still worth a trip if you go after 1:00 am and can tolerate the DJ ..... decent-ish music when he stops gabbing and a fun crowd.

Actually, that's one reason I don't like it there. The music is good, but the DJ is crap - always shouting over the music, and only playing a song for about 15-30 seconds before changing.

I like the music in the top area. No one else seems to though. :ermm: It's always empty.

"Decent drink prices"?? More like ridiculous drink prices. Although it's one of the few places that stays open till the sun comes up.

What??

:o

They took your water bottle?

You were not allowed to bring any beverages with you, to a bar?

:shock1:

Sorry pal, I couldnt resist being a little silly.

;)

I really like it there, the Trance/Techno room downstairs is great, with all raised levels you can stand on to dance to.

2 weeks ago on Sat it was quite busy, but last Sat it got closed down early by the police. Judging by the amount of people in the car park though, it looked like it had been pretty rammed.

But yes, I agree about the drinks prices, way too steep - 200 baht for Bacardi Breezer?!?!

As a frequent patron + "member" of Narz (downstairs) I can say it's full of people most weekends. It helps to check if an event is happening, but more often than I not I rock up on a fri or sat and find it more than half full. Downstairs music wise its electro/trance and the djs are either playing "classic" trance (the dj who has been there for years despite renovations) or if another then can be very up to date- one guy was mixing Oliver Smith + dinka tracks before they were officially released.

Edited by OxfordWill

We cant bring our own pre bought drinks into the club!!! Ill spread the word, its shocking

:lol: