Chocolates

gennisis

I admit to being a chocoholic.

and apart from some Belgium chocs at arround 20 baht each here in CM

I have been importing from UK but of course the shipping rates end up by tripling the cost price and the recent UK increase in VAT doesnt help.

mM favourites are Bendicts Bittermints ... Anthon Berg marzipan....Ferrero Mon Cherie.

I know from past visits that these brands are often stocked in the Duty free shops at the airports,so was considering simply flying down from Chiang Mai to Bangkok....doing my shopping at the airport and then returning on the next plane with my bounty. The overall costs would be 30% less than importing.

But...does Bangkok airport have good chocolate shops and are they only in the International section?. If so I would have to go to KL or HK in which case the expense would rocket....higher fare...Thai re-entry permit etc.

So does anyone have any info?

Have you looked at or tried these folks....

http://www.gallothai.com/contact.php#Chiangmai

We have retail shops, Duc de Praslin, in Bangkok, Phuket, Chiangmai and Pattaya

Gallothai Co, Ltd has been the leading Belgian chocolate manufacturer in Thailand since 1993 with offices in Bangkok, Phuket and Chiangmai.

Among the wide variety of quality products we provide to the food industry professional, you will find:

dot1.pngPralines and Truffles

dot1.pngChocolate Panning

dot1.png Cups & Decorations

dot1.png Delicacies

dot1.pngCollections (Easter, Christmas, Valentine…)

dot1.pngCustomized products

We bought chocolates at a fancy shop in Pattaya a few years back. Not cheap, but supreme tasting. I've also seen them available in the upscale shopping centers in Bangkok. You'll pay dearly, but at least you won't have to endure an international flight.