Celebrity Rehab Wars? Heiress Flees Thai Clinic

webfact

Celebrity Rehab wars? Heiress flees Thai clinic

A 31-yr-old property heiress attending a Thai ‘Celebrity Rehab’ clinic is reported to have fled after being sexually assaulted on New Year’s Day by the clinic’s gardener.

And in another incident there was a stand-off between staff of two Thai Celebrity ’Rehab’ clinics after a woman patient asked to be transferred from one to the other. The incident did not come to blows, but the language was blue and Anglo-Saxon.

In the first incident five days after checking out the woman was pursued by one of the clinic’s directors, who returned her prescribed medication, it is claimed, only on the proviso that she that she signed a ‘confidentiality’ agreement forbidding her to talk to the media about the clinic for a period of five years.

The woman at the centre of the controversy had been entered by her family into a US$22,000 one month course at the clinic and there are counter accusations that she had not conformed to the course rules. Thus after checking out two weeks early by mutual agreement, she was told there would be no refund.

The woman had told friends: “They only gave me the medication I arrived with on the condition I signed the confidentiality agreement. But when they gave it back to me it was incomplete. The medication included stuff belonging to another patient. His name was all over it.”

According to sources, the euphoric Thai gardener had entered the patient’s room to return a computer thumbnail drive belonging to her and which he had found. The incident in which he had allegedly grabbed her breasts and wished her a sabai di pi mai or ’Happy New Year’ happened on her veranda. He was removed from the premises at the time.

The woman, who was being treated for alcohol dependency, claimed the gardener was ’reeking of alcohol’. Let alone the assault, clearly she was not impressed with the smell of ‘Lao Hai’.

Patients at alcohol and drugs rehab clinics are by definition ‘troubled’. They are also prone to eratic behaviour. As such their complaints can be tainted.

The women had also complained that staff at the clinic were like ’small apartment blocks’ in size and hung around a lot smoking and eating. It did not look like a professional set up, she is reported to have said. The staff ’showed little respect’ and when she finally checked out nobody helped her with her bags.

Her descriptions of the staff appear [More...]

Full story: http://www.andrew-drummond.com/2011/01/13/celebrity-rehab-wars-heiress-flees-thai-clinic/

-- ANDREW-DRUMMOND.COM 2011-01-13

footer_n.gif

What is Celebrity Rehab?? Can only celebrities go or is it something televised like in the US?

And how the hell does it cost $22,000 for one month? That is similar to a price in a US treatment center.

Is this an attempt to manipulate opinion?

"Patients at alcohol and drugs rehab clinics are by definition ‘troubled’. They are also prone to eratic behaviour. As such their complaints can be tainted."

I could care less about Mr. Drummond's opinion or any other writer of such "reporting". I want the facts.

An opinion piece per se forewarns the readers as to what it is. Is this it?

Then again, in autocratic atmospheres it is always healthy for the panderer to appease the powers that are, including the national pride, etc.

<br />Did Andrew Drummond or someone else write this garbage? It reads like something a 6 year old would write.<br />
<br /><br /><br />