Enigma Circuit- A New Track In Chonburi, Thailand!

BigBikeBKK

Darling, I have to go on a business trip to Bangkok. I am in negotiations with a guy called Tony and he wants to see my bike as part of the negotiations. Oh yeah there will be another guy there by the name of Gary Johnson who is interested in my bike as well........:lol:

Edited by Garry

Darling, I have to go on a business trip to Bangkok. I am in negotiations with a guy called Tony and he wants to see my bike as part of the negotiations. Oh yeah there will be another guy there by the name of Gary Johnson who is interested in my bike as well........:lol:

Muahaha! Sounds like the perfect "business trip" to me!!! :lol:

Tony, do you know of any tacks up north ??

There's a small go-cart track in Hang Dong... I think it's called Siam Speedway or something like that... Never been there but Kawasaki held one of their MiniGP's there a while back and I hear it was a rather underwhelming riding that track on big bikes...

There's a small go-cart track in Hang Dong... I think it's called Siam Speedway or something like that... Never been there but Kawasaki held one of their MiniGP's there a while back and I hear it was a rather underwhelming riding that track on big bikes...

I've seen guys try and ride go-kart tracks on Superbike/big bikes and it is nothing special if not very hard work for the guys doing it. Supermoto guys had a ball.

Seen that but that aint a track.. I mean KSRs or dicking about maybe.

Hot DOG I just might have to get my NC30 running again for this baby. FIA certified? Hells yea! I wonder how much they'll charge for a track fee. More importantly, will it be Western style track days where they actually organise things (Ambos I'm looking at you) or Thai style free-for-all.

Edited by Zzinged

It's amazing that a significant development like a new track has gone unnoticed by the global automotive media.....or am I not reading the right publications?

Well, it's all been pretty "hush hush"... Perhaps the owners will do a media blitz after the track is actually open for business? Or, like Kaeng Krachan, perhaps they'll do next to nothing to promote it or like BIRA and BRC they'll fail to maintain it and just let hope it succeeds by luck and word of mouth... TiT after all :jap:

^ sounds like a fun mission. Should have done that today (my day off). I know where Ban Beung is but I dont know where the track is located. I can ride into town and ask around unless someone has GPS co-ordinates?

Edited by engrin

A little more info about Enigma Circuit-

Enigma Circuit Facts:

- Circuit Length: 4.0 KM (5 KM for alternate option B.)

- Circuit width: 16 meters in length (with another meters polycabonated "track shoulder" on each side

- Circuit can have 4 different configurations (not shown on the current map)

- The Pit / Main Straight is 1.5 km (from the last corner to the first corner)

- The run offs are all friction surface cement (the same as Paul Ricard Circuit in France own by the FIA)

- 7 meters elevation change between the lowest and the highest point of the circuit

- 34 "on track" close circuit cameras all over the circuit, so there will be at least 2 camera per corners

- 40 Pit garage, can park 2 cars side by side per pit (80 cars capacity at the same time)

- Intergrate fiber steel with in the asphalt surface of the track for strengths and flexibility

- Shortest run off area is 70 meters from the edge of the track, and as long as 200 meters in highspeed corner

- Clock wise and Anti-clock wise lay out in the circuit

- This will be the only second 4.0 KM circuit in Asia, the other is Suzuka... other are either longer or shorter

- Total land mass (not shown) 500 Rai + 200 Rai Michelin development center (not shown)

- Michelin will have tires development center with small 1 km WET track within the same compound

Sounds promising!

Ride On!

Tony

A little more info about Enigma Circuit-

Enigma Circuit Facts:

- Circuit Length: 4.0 KM (5 KM for alternate option B.)

- Circuit width: 16 meters in length (with another meters polycabonated "track shoulder" on each side

- Circuit can have 4 different configurations (not shown on the current map)

- The Pit / Main Straight is 1.5 km (from the last corner to the first corner)

- The run offs are all friction surface cement (the same as Paul Ricard Circuit in France own by the FIA)

- 7 meters elevation change between the lowest and the highest point of the circuit

- 34 "on track" close circuit cameras all over the circuit, so there will be at least 2 camera per corners

- 40 Pit garage, can park 2 cars side by side per pit (80 cars capacity at the same time)

- Intergrate fiber steel with in the asphalt surface of the track for strengths and flexibility

- Shortest run off area is 70 meters from the edge of the track, and as long as 200 meters in highspeed corner

- Clock wise and Anti-clock wise lay out in the circuit

- This will be the only second 4.0 KM circuit in Asia, the other is Suzuka... other are either longer or shorter

- Total land mass (not shown) 500 Rai + 200 Rai Michelin development center (not shown)

- Michelin will have tires development center with small 1 km WET track within the same compound

Sounds promising!

Ride On!

Tony

Tony, it sounds promising times ten. Hope it's not a white elephant.

i went up to to Ban Bueng today and after numerous enquires with the locals by my Mrs. no one knew where it was although we were sent out on a wild goose chase to some little dirt track until we ran out of time and had to go back to Pattaya..

Anyone got GPS info ??? cheers

i went up to to Ban Bueng today and after numerous enquires with the locals by my Mrs. no one knew where it was although we were sent out on a wild goose chase to some little dirt track until we ran out of time and had to go back to Pattaya..

No GPS info. No help from the locals. Sounds like a real mission. I'll see if I can get over there in the next few days.

No GPS info. No help from the locals. Sounds like a real mission. I'll see if I can get over there in the next few days.

sent off an email yesterday to <[email protected]> as per their website and got message back 'unknown host' ?? strange website anyway, what exactly do they do ?

There's a small go-cart track in Hang Dong...

Just a small dig for you "trackday" guys. People who race, drive Karts. That is with a capital K and without the small lettered prefix "go"dry.gif

So "There is a small Kart track in Hang Dong.wai.gif

I've seen guys try and ride go-kart tracks on Superbike/big bikes and it is nothing special if not very hard work for the guys doing it. Supermoto guys had a ball.

Just a small dig for you "trackday" guys. People who race, drive Karts. That is with a capital K and without the small lettered prefix "go"dry.gif

Okay, I almost got it right. Do I getting a Kart Racing merrit badge for 'nice attempt'?

Heh heh, for real? Is that like calling Table Tennis "Ping Pong" and football "soccer"? ;):lol:

Heh heh, for real? Is that like calling Table Tennis "Ping Pong" and football "soccer"? ;):lol:

Hey, don't start on about Ping Pong, I remembering this show in pattaya..................................:lol:

Not sure?

WKA in the US is the World Karting Association,

IKF is International Karting Federation.

In the UK MSA or Motor Sports Association (FIA in UK) issues Kart licences.

Don't know if Ping Pong is an Olympic sport?

NB. Bike licences in UK are issued by the Auto-Cycle Club. An autocycle is also known a a moped.tongue.gif

Edited by VocalNeal