Suthep 'Confident' Latest Crackdown Will Ease Thailand's Drug Problem

webfact

555+

If the US can not "win" the war on drugs (or even come up with an uneasy truce) after spending billions of dollars and making covert raids into other countries. A war that has lasted almost 3 decades, then how could Thailand after just 1 crackdown?

555+

If the US can not "win" the war on drugs (or even come up with an uneasy truce) after spending billions of dollars and making covert raids into other countries. A war that has lasted almost 3 decades, then how could Thailand after just 1 crackdown?

I think it is actually 40-years as Nixon was the one who declared "The War on Dugs"

555+

I think it is actually 40-years as Nixon was the one who declared "The War on Dugs"

You are right, I was trying to be a little conservative (wanted to make a quick reply, rather than researching the history) with my time and the amount of money (wasted) spent on the war on d®ugs.

The headline is a moot point. it is stupid. Rather, it should read:

Suthep 'Confident' Latest Crackdown Will Ease Thailand's Drug Problem Until the BIB Ease Off and Return to the Safety of Their Donut Shoppes"

I am particularly entertained by the suggestion that refusing gun licenses to known (heretofore un-incarcerated) criminals will make it a certainty that they will not get their hands on firearms.

Thailand continues to be one of the leading nations in the drug trade, human trafficking, arms dealing, and just about every other sordid detail that you can dredge from the barrel of humanity.

That's how they seem to be showing themselves to be making their living, isn't it; on the darker nature of mankind; and profiteering from man's dark desires, or fleecing people who look to improve their lives? This isn't anything new, nor should it be a surprise to anyone who researches the statistics and understands the complaints that the UN and other human rights groups have. Even common sense suggests nothing else.