How To Invest In The Set Easily?

... and how does one do that? Online? Broker? Whats involved is set-up? Thanks!!

I use KT Zmico in Silom, just go along there with your passport fill in a few forms and your done,

transfer money into your account and away you go

You get all the software you need online

Good Luck

http://www.ktzmico.com/en/home/index.aspx

Edited by Slaps

... and how does one do that? Online? Broker? Whats involved is set-up? Thanks!!

You can trade it thru any broker, or an online brokerage account. You can do it thru E-trade, Schwab, etc. As a US citizen those are the ones I know. I'm sure it's similar for UK, German, Polish, and every other nationality. THD trades on the NYSE and other exchanges around the world. You shouldn't have to pay a commission of more than 300B to buy any number of shares.

Can farang buy trade? WP required?

I would assume not if just managing one's own money. What's the dif. between opening or moving one's savings or CDs from bank to bank to get better interest rates (i.e. returns) and investing it yourself in the stock market? And there is no requirement to have a wp do the former.

The simplest way to invest in the SET is via the Thai ETF, an index fund. Ticker - THD.

I think the OP has baht to invest, not USD. THD trades in New York.

I believe Aberdeen has some of the best performance of the the locally traded funds (at least they used to).

Our family has some money on 0%-ish interest accounts .

I would like to invest this in SET.

What bank offers the most convinient online trading software and is reasonably priced?

Everything would be on my wives name.

Is there a capital gain tax in Thailand?

You should visit www.deverefundplatform.com jf thailand made over 76% last yr..