Express Bus From Finland To Thailand.

latelyo

From Virtualtourist.com

'Today a special bus has left the small town of Salo in Finland on its way travelling 14000 km to Bangkok, Thailand.

They will drive via Russia, Kazakhstan, China & Laos to Thailand.

Hope they will make it all right, you can follow the trip on the map to see the bus location here: http://tracking.gps-.../rantapallo.php

Would you be interested to take such a bus trip in the middle of the winter?'

As long as the vodka is flowing on their Russian stopovers. Quite a trip.

Edited by aridion

Looking at that bus,i will be surprised if it made such a trip.

Years ago,I traveled in similar vehicle,similar trip,but through South Asia,our vehicle did not look half as good as this Finish bus,but we made it - in both directions!

All it takes is persistence.

Prescilla --- Queen of the frozen wastes?

I will be watching this journey for sure. I've done some tough bus rides, but this will be unreal. A sore butt for sure!

Not sure how Prescilla and it's crew would make out in Eastern Europe and Central Asia. But it would sure draw some attention! One of my favorite movies.

post-5869-0-33850600-1295224258_thumb.jp

post-5869-0-85845300-1295224260_thumb.jp

In my hippy days I drove a landrover from Birmingham to Delhi and back. Took me at least a year for my body and systems to recover and that was nothing to do with the Afghani black en route. They must be mad.

[The so-called robust diesel landrovers kept breaking down and we were continually being overtaken by petrol transits travelling at speeds well in excess of ours]

Met a group of people, various ages men and women, going from the UK to Singapore by bus.

They had gone through Turkey, Iran and Pakistan. Didn't talk to them very long, but they

didn't seem to have any problems and were enjoying their trip. I am sure they brought

a bit of luck with them.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The passengers would be bloody aching by the time they reached Bangkok. Imagine stuffed up in a bus for that long.

It's called Sisu, whitch most people outside Finland don't have.. ;)

What's that then, the ability to bore the ass off everyone other than Finnish (and possibly swiss)? :lol:

No biggie; that's not even once around Oz. The only amazing thing is being allowed to do it without changing buses.