What'S The Deal Mr Forbes

slinky1876

Spotted this picture next to the U.N Irish the other day and I am really interested to know more. What it is all about. I know this guy is a TV memebr as I've seen his posts and that's why I am reaching out on here.

Edited by slinky1876

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mr. Ian Forbes certainly enjoys posting his picture around Thaivisa, when ever the chance arrises. He has made himself a bit of a celebriity. It would seem his self promotion knows no bounds!

One thing apears to be missing though. Isn't there normally a girl in the picture?

Nice work Ian I will keep my eyes open next time I'm in town.

GUANO

Looks like someone has done a little cut, paste & print from Thai Visa :whistling:

I'm sure he would have chosen a more flattering photo if he had chosen himself :lol:

How about a few floaty entrails for the tear off strips with phone number :lol:

the photo is all over various bars around chiang mai. it's very odd.

So the big question akin to "Where's Wally??" is....."Where's Forbsy??"

One would think he would have reported into Thaivisa by now and explained this latest phenomenon :huh:

So Ian, is it you who's been going around sticking these images up in public places??:blink:

Are you running for governor of Chaing Mai or something? :lol:

Or is it a possibilty that you might have a crazed female Thai stalker on the loose, wanting some-o- that good lovin' :D

the photo is all over various bars around chiang mai. it's very odd.

Odd is definitely the right word. I have only seen the one, so if you see one can you name where you saw it. And where's the man himself to let us in on what the deal is with these freaky posters. I know he is active today, but he ain't saying anything.

I doubt that it is self promotion. I would put my money on some ex lover. Probably put them up to warn other women about him. Especially if they are in the women's bathroom. He probably gave her a gift that she couldn't return or short changed her on the tip.

That is very creepy! No wonder he has to pay for it! :lol:

As Winnie said, we all pay for it one way or another. My two ex-wives sure cost me a whole lot more, and so did all my former girl friends in Canada when I was in my twenties.

A friend told me about the picture last week and I didn't bother to check it out. It's obviously some demented stalker or a good buddy playing a practical joke on me. I can't imagine any other reason why a sane person would take the time to post photos of a stranger on washroom walls. But, in any case I really couldn't care less and it IS kind of funny. I'm not a wimp who hides behind a pseudonym so give it your best shot. We are only here on thaivisa to have a good time. Life is too short not to have as many laughs as possible.

Of course, if it IS in the lady's washroom then somebody must have paid a hooker to put it there. Any women I know in Thailand are not even on the internet.

But, I think I'd look more like THIS if I was sitting on the toilet. I'm not sure if I'm consternated or constipated.

funny_face_Em.sized.jpg

As Winnie said, we all pay for it one way or another. My two ex-wives sure cost me a whole lot more, and so did all my former girl friends in Canada when I was in my twenties.

Wait, I tried to add humor by putting this perennial sexpat wisdom out there but then adding the second line where it should have become apparent it was about 'paying for' photocopies and.. . .. never mind, the moment's lost. :(;)

Of course, if it IS in the lady's washroom then somebody must have paid a hooker to put it there. Any women I know in Thailand are not even on the internet.

I believe non hookers are known to use ladies washrooms on occasion? Plus some hookers may very well not require remuneration for the odd oddball request.. And are hookers still hookers when they're privately in the washroom, or do we all just become people, equal before God and the ceramic throne.. or the ceramic squatting monolith, as it may be.

I think we got a genuine certified Thaivisa Mystery on our hands, my dear Watson... ;)

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

ian.

re ... A friend told me about the picture last week and I didn't bother to check it out. It's obviously some demented stalker or a good buddy playing a practical joke on me.

bugger ... i thought you were going to buy a drink for anyone who turned up with a picture of one of your pics before you go home

these are two that have gone already and ive found 14 others while walking around town from sunday walking street , ratchamanka road , moonmuang road , loi kroh road and the bar boxing centre

my beers ... my beers ... 16 to date ... bye bye .. boo hoo .. dave2 : )