What'S The Deal Mr Forbes

slinky1876

Ian is just playing smart possum. Sure he says no big deal and all in good fun... I predict when Ian finds out who is doing this he goes into epic Yukon payback mode.

Be afraid ....very afraid.. the fire like wrath of Forbes makes drowning in a ocean of AIDS seem like a picnic.

Edited by CobraSnakeNecktie

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, it doesn't bother me in the least.. If a few people get a good laugh at my expense then that is all that counts. I'm too old to care what people think. Those that want to believe evil crap are too demented to even bother with. There is always people who want to believe the worst in everyone. That is their own personal problem. Those that know me, like me. Those that don't can assume anything they want, including lies. I just pity folks like that. There are so many good people to enjoy the company of that I don't worry about the sad souls in this world. They can deal with their own twisted thoughts anyway they see fit. Pick any or all of the many evil people throughout history; would you actually care what they thought of you? It's the same thing.

Sawasdee Khrup, Khun IanForbes,

Well said, Sir. Reminds us a little of a passage in Marcus Aurelius' "Meditations:"

"Begin the morning by saying to thyself, I shall meet with the busy-body, the ungrateful, arrogant, deceitful, envious, unsocial. All these things happen to them by reason of their ignorance of what is good and evil. But I who have seen the nature of the good that it is beautiful, and of the bad that it is ugly, and the nature of him who does wrong, that it is akin to me, not only of the same blood or seed, but that it participates in the same intelligence and the same portion of the divinity, I can neither be injured by any of them, for no one can fix on me what is ugly, nor can I be angry with my kinsman, nor hate him, For we are made for co-operation, like feet, like hands, like eyelids, like the rows of the upper and lower teeth. To act against one another then is contrary to nature; and it is acting against one another to be vexed and to turn away."

But ... we ... are often weaker, and more selfish, than that: we do turn away; we absquatulate quickly from the company of those who "bring us down," or the company of those who goshbustify us, or the company of those who dumfungle, looking, instead, for the company of elevators and escalators. And, heartless, perhaps, we take no deep umbrage from those who vamoose from our presence(s), not even bothering to examine the circumstances to see if we are avoided because we are perceived as blatherskites, or analyze motives ... which we, seflishly, believe is a total waste of time (when you are older in life ... compared to when you are younger).

But if skedaddling diplomatically is not possible without egregious insult to the "face" of someone, or a whole group of people ... in other words you can't get the frack out of dodge without wounding someone, insulting a whole group of people, making an enemy ... we take refuge in "inner withdrawal," relying on that method of "spiritual deception" known in Shia Islam as "taqqiya." But, that's an "ideal:" and (as yourself(ves) ?), we often fail the ideal, and say what we really think: which can, and has, led to ... the usual problems, and sometimes a tko from a vexed sockdolager.

:)

best, ~o:37;

Edited by orang37

Too bad I wasn't promoting some local band or something, with all the free publicity. I'll bet the local Thais are wondering what it's all about. :blink:

Ian - Is there any writing (Thai or English) on these posters, saying anything derogatory?

If not you'll soon be way up the hierarchical ladder and don't be surprised if you see an election van with speakers, going around announcing that you are running for election.smile.gif

Edited by uptheos

No, it doesn't bother me in the least.. If a few people get a good laugh at my expense then that is all that counts. I'm too old to care what people think. Those that want to believe evil crap are too demented to even bother with. There is always people who want to believe the worst in everyone. That is their own personal problem. Those that know me, like me. Those that don't can assume anything they want, including lies. I just pity folks like that. There are so many good people to enjoy the company of that I don't worry about the sad souls in this world. They can deal with their own twisted thoughts anyway they see fit. Pick any or all of the many evil people throughout history; would you actually care what they thought of you? It's the same thing.

Well said, Sir. Reminds us a little of a passage in Marcus Aurelius' "Meditations:"

"Begin the morning by saying to thyself, I shall meet with the busy-body, the ungrateful, arrogant, deceitful, envious, unsocial. All these things happen to them by reason of their ignorance of what is good and evil. But I who have seen the nature of the good that it is beautiful, and of the bad that it is ugly, and the nature of him who does wrong, that it is akin to me, not only of the same blood or seed, but that it participates in the same intelligence and the same portion of the divinity, I can neither be injured by any of them, for no one can fix on me what is ugly, nor can I be angry with my kinsman, nor hate him, For we are made for co-operation, like feet, like hands, like eyelids, like the rows of the upper and lower teeth. To act against one another then is contrary to nature; and it is acting against one another to be vexed and to turn away."

But ... we ... are often weaker, and more selfish, than that: we do turn away; we absquatulate quickly from the company of those who "bring us down," or the company of those who goshbustify us, or the company of those who dumfungle, looking, instead, for the company of elevators and escalators. And, heartless, perhaps, we take no deep umbrage from those who vamoose from our presence(s), not even bothering to examine the circumstances to see if we are avoided because we are perceived as blatherskites, or analyze motives ... which we, seflishly, believe is a total waste of time (when you are older in life ... compared to when you are younger).

But if skedaddling diplomatically is not possible without egregious insult to the "face" of someone, or a whole group of people ... in other words you can't get the frack out of dodge without wounding someone, insulting a whole group of people, making an enemy ... we take refuge in "inner withdrawal," relying on that method of "spiritual deception" known in Shia Islam as "taqqiya." But, that's an "ideal:" and (as yourself(ves) ?), we often fail the ideal, and say what we really think: which can, and has, led to ... the usual problems, and sometimes a tko from a vexed sockdolager.

Orang maybe you can re-post this in English please so lesser educated persons like myself can understand what om earth (or planet maybe) you are saying????...... :D

I have yet to manage to swallow a copy of the Oxford Dictionary

Orang maybe you can re-post this in English please so lesser educated persons like myself can understand what om earth (or planet maybe) you are saying????...... :D

It would have to be the multi volume set which would provide repasts for many days, the pocket one would not contain enough words. Never let it be said that Orang is lost for words. I do like to read them though.

Most of those words are not in a reputable dictionary Pauly, so that wouldn't help much.

The mystery of Orang.

It's like the guy who buys the bright red sports car to call attention to himself and create an image. What is trying to compensate for?

What is the hidden Yin to his superfluous and convoluted Yang?

I'd like to think that we all have that better self we aspire to be. Khun orang has his higher orang being but he's also hauling around his human meat package. Here's what Dylan had to say on the subject:

I and I

In creation where one’s nature neither honors nor forgives

I and I

One says to the other, no man sees my face and lives

Or maybe I've got it all wrong. That's the way my I and I works anyway. The Rastafarians have a somewhat different take on it.

I'm not a wimp who hides behind a pseudonym so give it your best shot.

I bet you wished you had now though, eh, Mr no netiquette.

Using a pseudonym or your real name is a personal choice. Nothing to do with being a wimp or a sad soul or any other label you personally tag people with. I was advised not to use a personal name by a rather important person on Thaivisa at a TV party many moons ago. We joked about it as his handle is one of his first names but the one used by his friends.

And where did you get your modesty, introversion and shyness from? :rolleyes:

A few contradictions in Italics. Obviously has bothered you.

Using a pseudonym or your real name is a personal choice. Nothing to do with being a wimp or a sad soul or any other label you personally tag people with. I was advised not to use a personal name by a rather important person on Thaivisa at a TV party many moons ago. We joked about it as his handle is one of his first names but the one used by his friends.

There are lots of good reasons for having a pseudonym, caf, and I've said so many times. But it often allows demented people to hide in their own sad world and make nasty comments about others. It keeps the moderators busy maintaining a handle on the insults. That wouldn't happen if people knew who they were. I'm just saying it doesn't bother me. Well known businessmen have to be very careful what they say, or it could come back to haunt them. I know that George of Gekko Books has to walk a very tight line and not get into deep discussions for fear of someone assuming a lie. I have the luxury that I don't have anything to hide and nothing to lose. I do nothing wrong, I don't hurt anyone and and I don't write demeaning comments about anyone... even the nasty ones who try to annoy me. I find it all a bit of a joke.

Your highlighted parts of my post were not aimed at anyone other than those who make nasty comments about other forum members. They can take all the shots they want at me and I'll only respond in a civil manner.

There are lots of good reasons for having a pseudonym, caf, and I've said so many times. But it often allows demented people to hide in their own sad world and make nasty comments about others. It keeps the moderators busy maintaining a handle on the insults. That wouldn't happen if people knew who they were. I'm just saying it doesn't bother me. Well known businessmen have to be very careful what they say, or it could come back to haunt them. I know that George of Gekko Books has to walk a very tight line and not get into deep discussions for fear of someone assuming a lie. I have the luxury that I don't have anything to hide and nothing to lose. I do nothing wrong, I don't hurt anyone and and I don't write demeaning comments about anyone... even the nasty ones who try to annoy me. I find it all a bit of a joke.

Your highlighted parts of my post were not aimed at anyone other than those who make nasty comments about other forum members. They can take all the shots they want at me and I'll only respond in a civil manner.

Good points, Ian. Received and understood, sir

You're a gent

These posters are nothing new. I have seen other people's pictures posted all over like these in years past. I suspect in the past ten years I have seen about 4-5 different people plastered all over like this. You should ask one of the girls in these establishments why it is there. You will find out. Of course you might not like the answer.

Well said, Sir. Reminds us a little of a passage in Marcus Aurelius' "Meditations:".....(snip

"Begin the morning by saying to thyself.. (snip)"

absquatulate goshbustify dumfungle, sockdolager.

Most of those words are not in a reputable dictionary Pauly, so that wouldn't help much.

post-23786-0-85369800-1295441867_thumb.p

B)

Khun Harry spake thus:

I may be wrong but I cannot imagine Orang learning anything from Sarah Palin.

Sawasdee Khrup, Our Dear Brother, Harry,

We rejoice it's obvious that your imagination is making steady progress ! And if any of the sotto voce mummery of our postings ... all done in a spirit of deep reverence for IanForbes as both Person and Icon ... in any way helps you, we rejoice further without, of course, taking any credit for that whose only real source is the universal fountain of creative energy from which we are all sparkling emanations somewhere deep inside no matter the outside is, like a beach covered with flotsam and jetsam after a storm, a stinking morass of litter: to use Chaucer's words: "Oh Wombe, Oh Bellye, Oh Stinking Cod, Fulfilled of Dong and of Corrupcioun."

But we did learn something from Sarah Palin, in, of all places, a dream. In dreams, as Roy Orbison sang in the song "In Dreams:"

"A candy-colored clown they call the sandman

Tiptoes to my room every night

Just to sprinkle stardust and to whisper

'Go to sleep. Everything is all right.' "

We awoke from the dream fairly sure that our Orang soul-mind-unit was channeling George Bush, but then, as our brain became fully caffeinated, we realized the entity coming through was Sarah Palin. Later we gave the dream a title, and tried to transcribe its essence in story-form in our native human meat-package language, English: and we entered it into our diary thus:

Pigs for Lipstick : The Night I Thought I was George Bush

I didn't know why my pig wrote on my mirror in lipstick in reverse letters reading right to left (like in Leonardo Da Winkie code) : "Kiss your legacy mortadella goodbye, asshol_e, because this is politics."

But there it was, like Alaska calving glaciers. Like a lamb gyro that's been whittled down to nothing to fill too many pita pockets.

Scenes of heartbreak and acid reflux filled my mind like the blips of Russian aviators on NORAD radars from out there on the Kamchatka Peninsula.

I still had the taste of flatbread dipped in a freshly open jar of sesame in my mouth, so I couldn't use my mobile to call Rove immediately, and confirm the message was from POTUS.

"Wow," I said, to myself, using George Bush's voice: "this could be lke a crisis ... it could have ... aspects."

My soul felt like one of those empty missile silos in Kansas that had been converted into a data center for casinos in Las Vegas.

It was too cold in my heart, and there was a deep throbbing hum that seemed ominous.

I started humming "Tell Laura Bush I love her," and then I felt better.

Sometimes I want to share this diary with her, but I know she couldn't understand.

Does everybody feel like this : that there are things nobody else can understand ?

I guess that's what a diary is for.

Do mad cows keep a daily dairy diary ?

During the night I had a feverish dream in which Sarah Palin appeared to me in two piece American-stars-and-stripes bathing suit carrying her hunting rifle, put her arms around me, slipped her top off ... just at that moment I realized I was a moose with huge antlers. So I did what any healthy male moose would do, and nuzzled her full breasts (tenderly, of course).

As she reached a pinnacle of sexual frenzy she sobbed "God Bless America," and then put the rifle in my mouth and pulled the trigger.

I awoke from this dream covered in sweat: only later, via caffeine, came the clear realization that I was not channeling George Bush's subconscious, but Sarah Palin's."

p.s. Esteaming Khuns McGriffith and ThaiPauly: folk Americana vocabulary by the lo-so lampooning hi-so. Also see: More Americana Words. The word "blatherskite" is used frequently by Mark Twain in his Autobiography Volume I: Google, and we, are your friends.

Edited by orang37

Khun Harry spake thus:

We rejoice it's obvious that your imagination is making steady progress ! And if any of the sotto voce mummery of our postings ... all done in a spirit of deep reverence for IanForbes as both Person and Icon ... in any way helps you, we rejoice further without, of course, taking any credit for that whose only real source is the universal fountain of creative energy from which we are all sparkling emanations somewhere deep inside no matter the outside is, like a beach covered with flotsam and jetsam after a storm, a stinking morass of litter: to use Chaucer's words: "Oh Wombe, Oh Bellye, Oh Stinking Cod, Fulfilled of Dong and of Corrupcioun."

But we did learn something from Sarah Palin, in, of all places, a dream. In dreams, as Roy Orbison sang in the song "In Dreams:"

We awoke from the dream fairly sure that our Orang soul-mind-unit was channeling George Bush, but then, as our brain became fully caffeinated, we realized the entity coming through was Sarah Palin. Later we gave the dream a title, and tried to transcribe its essence in story-form in our native human meat-package language, English: and we entered it into our diary thus:

I didn't know why my pig wrote on my mirror in lipstick in reverse letters reading right to left (like in Leonardo Da Winkie code) : "Kiss your legacy mortadella goodbye, asshol_e, because this is politics."

But there it was, like Alaska calving glaciers. Like a lamb gyro that's been whittled down to nothing to fill too many pita pockets.

Scenes of heartbreak and acid reflux filled my mind like the blips of Russian aviators on NORAD radars from out there on the Kamchatka Peninsula.

I still had the taste of flatbread dipped in a freshly open jar of sesame in my mouth, so I couldn't use my mobile to call Rove immediately, and confirm the message was from POTUS.

"Wow," I said, to myself, using George Bush's voice: "this could be lke a crisis ... it could have ... aspects."

My soul felt like one of those empty missile silos in Kansas that had been converted into a data center for casinos in Las Vegas.

It was too cold in my heart, and there was a deep throbbing hum that seemed ominous.

Sometimes I want to share this diary with her, but I know she couldn't understand.

Does everybody feel like this : that there are things nobody else can understand ?

During the night I had a feverish dream in which Sarah Palin appeared to me in two piece American-stars-and-stripes bathing suit carrying her hunting rifle, put her arms around me, slipped her top off ... just at that moment I realized I was a moose with huge antlers. So I did what any healthy male moose would do, and nuzzled her full breasts (tenderly, of course).

As she reached a pinnacle of sexual frenzy she sobbed "God Bless America," and then put the rifle in my mouth and pulled the trigger.

I awoke from this dream covered in sweat: only later, via caffeine, came the clear realization that I was not channeling George Bush's subconscious, but Sarah Palin's."

p.s. Esteaming Khuns McGriffith and ThaiPauly: folk Americana vocabulary by the lo-so lampooning hi-so. Also see: More Americana Words. The word "blatherskite" is used frequently by Mark Twain in his Autobiography Volume I: Google, and we, are your friends.

and people call ME weird!

God bless you Orang, and I hope it all gets better soon :)

David

Khun Harry spake thus:

My god, it's like Dali with a keyboard.

Can I have half an oz of what he has had please.

[

Yeeerrrs! I think you might be barking up the wrong tree there ThaiPauly!!!

I had a customer in tonight demanding to know why this bearded man was watching him have a sh1t. I explained that he is a well known local fisherman whose friends wish to promote his exploits.

Orang's rambled writings are certainly making a strange post stranger. Possibly a result of him indulging his 'human meat package' in figging and or rhaphanidosis, whilst posting. Of course this would depend on the season.

Back on topic:Any news? Any further sightings of our phantom Forbes? Dave2 has been quiet. I hope he hasn't been 'extinguished'.

Orang's rambled writings are certainly making a strange post stranger. Possibly a result of him indulging his 'human meat package' in figging and or rhaphanidosis, whilst posting. Of course this would depend on the season.

Back on topic:Any news? Any further sightings of our phantom Forbes? Dave2 has been quiet. I hope he hasn't been 'extinguished'.

All these long words! The longest word in my vocabulary is Forbespropaganda.

Any more locations discovered? I went out last night and I couldn't see any, I didn't go looking specifically for them but I kept my eyes open whilst getting driven around.

guano

re ... Any further sightings of our phantom Forbes? .... no ... i didnt see any new ones yesterday coz i walked six miles out of town

re ... Dave2 has been quiet. I hope he hasn't been 'extinguished'.

no im still here : )

dave2

ps ... the only new poster around town in the last few days is about this missing dog

have just spotted one on a door behind Wat **** *****, near the School *** ** ****, will take my camera out this evening and see if I can get a photograph of it. Seems a bit off the beaten track to see one of these photos, your are more likely to see crystal meth pipes than photos of Sir Ian Forbes.

Edited by krung

If any of my friends finds a copy somewhere I'd appreciate it if you tear it off and give it to me later. I need one for my scrap book. Right now I'm in Pattaya for a week with golfing buddies from Canada and then I'm off to Kanchanaburi for a few days. I won't be back until February.

If any of my friends finds a copy somewhere I'd appreciate it if you tear it off and give it to me later. I need one for my scrap book. Right now I'm in Pattaya for a week with golfing buddies from Canada and then I'm off to Kanchanaburi for a few days. I won't be back until February.

I'll be in Gecko Bar tonight watching the football with some mates.

If I can "knowingly" sneak into the ladies and remove it I will, but there again I would not want to rip it if it is stuck on with super glue, or it might look like the picture posted of just your eyes and nose, and that would not be fair on the ladies who use the facilities as they would be deprived of you smile and wonderfully sculptured beard :o

But now I have posted this there may be a few memebers who might wanna "catch me" in the ladies loo and out me as a wierdo :unsure:

I'm sure you understand my dilema Mr.F?

But if I CAN I Will help you out.

I'll be in Gecko Bar tonight watching the football with some mates.

If I can "knowingly" sneak into the ladies and remove it I will, but there again I would not want to rip it if it is stuck on with super glue, or it might look like the picture posted of just your eyes and nose, and that would not be fair on the ladies who use the facilities as they would be deprived of you smile and wonderfully sculptured beard :o

But now I have posted this there may be a few memebers who might wanna "catch me" in the ladies loo and out me as a wierdo :unsure:

I'm sure you understand my dilema Mr.F?

But if I CAN I Will help you out.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

:jap:

Thanks mate. We had a great day at a beautiful beach about 30 km south of Pattaya yesterday. It's situated behind a military base if that is any help to anyone who knows the area. Then our gang of 4 had our nightly pool match. We are all pretty much equal and it's fun. The Diana hotel has a very good table and the live music was excellent.