Passport By Mail To Thailand

[

Wireless Rd UK embassy is very easy with this.. If you already have 2 they do not seem to have any further need of checks etc but even for a first application the only check needed is a letter for ANY company saying that you may need to travel extensively and to please give a second passport for VISA applications.. You dont even need to be an employee of the company.. I had mine written to state that I was possibly, might do, maybe, going to do some consultancy work IF I had a second passport and if everything worked out..

Well they singled me out for some special treatment.

and it left a very bad taste in my mouth.

Every time I need to go in there it just reminds me of all the reasons.

Why I don?t live in the uk. Surely bunch of dick wads, F=///////// them.

have a nice day

It can be useful to have two passports if I have been to Israel, some Arab countries will not let me in with an Israeli stamp. At least it was like this in former times. And in Sweden, for example, no questions will be asked if you are applying for a second passport.

Regarding sending your second passport to a European country because it is more easy to get a non immigrant multiple over there, read more here:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=38086

I have heard that it is not illegal, but maybe morally it is wrong. Anyway, a friend of mine tried it and it worked out just fine.

Regards,

Mike

It is illegal Mike. Check with Thai MFA.

I don't think so, read what LivinLos just said:

I have this confirmed by the Brit embassy, and the Thai consulates, and the Thai immigration (verbally) that this is 100% legal and fine if you have 2 passport..

So maybe it's not even morally wrong, it is fine as long as you have two passports and you use your NEW passport when applying for the new visa. The old passport (without a new visa) will be used when you exit Thailand, preferably by air, and the new visa will be utilized when you after that will enter Thailand.

Regards,

Mike

I have this confirmed by the Brit embassy, and the Thai consulates, and the Thai immigration (verbally) that this is 100% legal and fine if you have 2 passport..

So maybe it's not even morally wrong, it is fine as long as you have two passports and you use your NEW passport when applying for the new visa. The old passport (without a new visa) will be used when you exit Thailand, preferably by air, and the new visa will be utilized when you after that will enter Thailand.

Regards,

Mike

Call 'em yourself.

Call 'em yourself.

Wouldn't surprise me any if there was conflicting information being offered by different sets of officials. Best bet in that case is usually to err on the side of caution.

I was in the RTCG in Brisbane recently and they have an Immigration poster up on displaysaying that the punter and the passport HAD to be in the area of Embassy and/or Consulate's jurisdiction.  Clear to me.

It sounds correct as well, considering all of the hubbub a couple years back with the shady visa agencies. But it still wouldn't surprise me to find a few Thai officials who have their own interpretation of the rules. :o

I was in the RTCG in Brisbane recently and they have an Immigration poster up on displaysaying that the punter and the passport HAD to be in the area of Embassy and/or Consulate's jurisdiction.  Clear to me.

Well you saw in writing last time I posted this..

I dont want to divulge too much info because I dont want to close the option for others but pretty much anyone can read between the lines and work this out..

I clearly have it in writing from the Thai Emabssy and British embassies that this is OK.. I have taken the visa issued to the local Thai immigration and asked if they were ok (was told yes)..

While Brisbane may want you there, does Brisbane allow postal applications.. Did you discuss with Brisbane the status of dual passport holders.. I would have to ask why do you think they issue dual passport for frequent travellers who need to obtain visa's ??? Thats what this system is for.

What is the MFA in the "It is illegal Mike. Check with Thai MFA." as I will happily attempt to get an answer from them also..

Basically I asked ALL the officials I could find.. Each one told me that in my case it was legal.. I did the applications making no false declarations and the visa was issued.. I never told a lie or bent the truth.. I was given a non imm O while in Thailand by an overseas consulate when they knew I was here on the other passport.

I even asked if next year I could send my (now unused and no Thai inwards stamp) old passport to them as this one runs out in another year and repeat the process and was told that should be fine.. So 2 passports and some DHL costs and they tell me I can simply repeat the process.. One year on one passport and another year on the next back and forth..

Obviously I have saved all email and applications for my own cover.

Edited by LivinLOS

I believe that the MFA the good Dr is refering to is:

Ministry of Foreign Affairs

As for using two passports, I have been doing this for the past 20 years, actually had 3 once when a full passport was replaced but not cancelled, just a stamp in the new one stating that Holder previously travelled under passport No ### which holds valid visa's.

My company keeps a file with signed visa forms in the office so that should I be out of the country they can get visa's put in my 2nd passport. Of course this only works when I remember to drop the passport off :o

Out of boredom, I actually sent an e-mail to the UK Passport Service asking in what circumstances, if any, it is permissible to hold 2 current UK passports and this is their response:-

"The United Kingdom Passport Service will only issue second passports for frequent business travel or business travel to incompatible countries.

To get a second passport you must provide a letter with your application explaining why one is needed.It should be a letter from your company on headed note paper.

you will need the following documents:

1. SE04 Application form completed in black ink,capital letters.

2. Sections 1,2,3,4,9 and 10 (Sections 5 and 7 if applicable) need to be completed.

3. Section 10 must be completed.

4. 2 photographs on a white/cream/lightgrey background. (1 certified at the back true likeness of applicant)

5. Name change document if name has changed.

6. Fee of £42.

7. Current and not damaged passport.

8. Letter from employer stating the need for a second passport.

We would advise you not make any travel arrangements until you receive your passport."

Scouse.

• 2 months later...