Romantic Restaurant For Anniversary Dinner

StrongView

It's our 2nd Anniversary tomorrow and we're looking for a romantic place to eat in Bangkok (good food, nice view / ambiance). Scirocco is a possibility, but I have heard the price tag is high and the food is not so good. I don't mind the high price, as long as it's quality. Your suggestions are much appreciated.

It's our 2nd Anniversary tomorrow and we're looking for a romantic place to eat in Bangkok (good food, nice view / ambiance).  Scirocco is a possibility, but I have heard the price tag is high and the food is not so good.  I don't mind the high price, as long as it's quality.  Your suggestions are much appreciated.

MacDonald's...especially if they're doing buy one get one free.....great atmosphere! :o

Scirocco and the others at the State Tower do offer amazing service and views, but you will come away still hungry...and you will come away feeling poor.

Cutie just recommended Fabb. I wouldn't go near the place, or any similar overpriced under quality Italian or French restaurants (there are so many here) which try to impress the Thai hi-so set but come off looking tacky.

I'd consider the following:

Mango Tree (Thai) between Silom and Suriwong roads - decent classy restaurant in a slightly downmarket area.

Baan Khanitha (Thai, soi Ruam Rudee) frequent award-winner

Just beyond Khanitha take a left down a sub soi and there is a brilliant authentic French restaurant - can't remember the name. It's only small, but very good.

Spring/Summer (fusion) on the soi joining Suk soi 39 to 49. Amazing Scandinavian looking houses in a garden. Modern setting.

Patara (Thai/fusion) near the Ascott building on Sathorn Road.