Top Six Predictions

smokie36

So we're into the second half of the season now....who's going to finish where?

Plenty of armchair bosses out there so let's have your opinions please.

For me it'll finish like this....

Man Yoo

Arse

Tottenham :D

Citeh

Chelsea

Blackpool (I hope!)

Over to you.....B)

Feel free to add the bottom three.....tough choice I'm still trying to pick three from ten now....:D

Would'nt it be better to wait with the predictions until after the transfer window?

Afterall, City might spend another 100m :)

I hope youre not insinuating that ManCity are attempting to buy the league title, thus ruining 100 odd years of league football as a competition.

Would'nt it be better to wait with the predictions until after the transfer window?

This is why you won't hear a sniff out of Daniel Levy until a transfer is signed and sealed......that lot would just bid double and let our target rot in the reserves. Bit like Liverpool in the early eighties.....

Anyway you take your time carmine but I expect an optimistic prediction from you. :D

This is why you won't hear a sniff out of Daniel Levy until a transfer is signed and sealed......that lot would just bid double and let our target rot in the reserves. Bit like Liverpool in the early eighties.....

Anyway you take your time carmine but I expect an optimistic prediction from you. :D

Yes, thats exactly what they will do. You can expect an optimistic prediction from me regardless. :)

City

United

Arsenal

Spurs

Chelsea

Newcastle

West Ham or Liverpool

Birmingham

Wigan

Momentum is with City and they have tremendous depth plus Kompany (the EPL's MVP so far). Hate to see the title bought, but its within the rules for now so good luck to them.

I'd move Arsenal up a notch or even two if Van Persie stays fit and Arsene buys a goalie and a central defender (I'm thinking we wont see Vermaelen again until April). I suspect neither will happen.

OK the Liverpool bit was a bit of an afterthought, but a good outside bet. I think I'll have a look at the odds!

Momentum is with City and they have tremendous depth plus Kompany (the EPL's MVP so far). Hate to see the title bought, but its within the rules for now so good luck to them.

But everyone says you can't buy the title. :D

United

City

Arsenal

Chelsea

Spurs

Blackpool (i hope also) :D

But everyone says you can't buy the title. :D

United

City

Arsenal

Chelsea

Spurs

Blackpool (i hope also) :D

No they dont say that Mr BJ. Harry, Fergie and my good self have always maintained you will buy the title and you duely will. :D

PS I'm not sure about Kompany being the most valuable player but he is very very good isn't he. Think Dzeko will also be very good for you but Balotelli is a total knob. ;)

In no way whatsoever can you take anything written here as a compliment. :D

No they dont say that Mr BJ. Harry, Fergie and my good self have always maintained you will buy the title and you duely will. :D

PS I'm not sure about Kompany being the most valuable player but he is very very good isn't he. Think Dzeko will also be very good for you but Balotelli is a total knob. ;)

Well for a start I don't take anything Harry says as truth and secondly Fergie has said you CAN'T buy the title. When I have time later I shall go hunting for the said article in which he stated it. Personally, I believe every club that wins it has bought it in some way as they have had the money available to buy the best players.

:lol: Too late. Compliment taken and noted :D

As for Balotelli. My jury is still out on him but I did read a good article on him a few weeks ago which was done in Italian, with an Italian journalist and then translated. He has quite a dry sense of humour and was quite funny. Maybe this is lost when he is trying to speak in English. As I said, I don't know, my jury is still out.

Edited by mrbojangles

Given that the world seems to value goal-scorers and forwards more than defenders and goalkeepers I acknowledge that a couple of others would be worth more in cash terms than Kompany. I was using a slightly more cerebral version of value when saying Kompany is no 1 MVP.

Using cash transfer value today as the criteria, my top 6 players in the EPL would be:

Bale

Nasri

Kompany

Fabregas

Vidic

Tevez

On the basis of form this year, Fabregas would be sub-top 6, but the market would put value on the last two years and his ideal age. Tevez is the most valuable intrinsically for skill, robustness and goals scored, but boy is he trouble? I think many managers would think twice and his market price would reflect that.

Carroll? Not sufficiently proven yet, but certainly top ten.

On this year's form only Cech might make my top 10 from Chelsea and that's probably generous, given the strangely lower pricing of goalkeepers generally*. Yes you can buy a title SAF (Chelsea proved that), but you need to continue to be a net buyer, Its extraordinary how the Sheddites denuded their squad over the Summer.

*Reina is certainly in my top 10.

Edited by SantiSuk

Given that the world seems to value goal-scorers and forwards more than defenders and goalkeepers I acknowledge that a couple of others would be worth more in cash terms than Kompany. I was using a slightly more cerebral version of value when saying Kompany is no 1 MVP.

Using cash transfer value today as the criteria, my top 6 players in the EPL would be:

Bale

Nasri

Kompany

Fabregas

Vidic

Tevez

On the basis of form this year, Fabregas would be sub-top 6, but the market would put value on the last two years and his ideal age. Tevez is the most valuable intrinsically for skill, robustness and goals scored, but boy is he trouble? I think many managers would think twice and his market price would reflect that.

On this year's form only Cech might make my top 10 from Chelsea and that's probably generous, given the strangely lower pricing of goalkeepers generally*. Yes you can buy a title SAF (Chelsea proved that), but you need to continue to be a net buyer, Its extraordinary how the Sheddites denuded their squad over the Summer.

Modric? :unsure::rolleyes:

Bale

Nasri

Kompany

Fabregas

Vidic

Tevez

Your glaring omission there is Modric

:lol: First past the post Carms old son! :D

He fails to spot.....Modric is much more influential to our play than monkey boy......both are fantastic talents mind you......

And neither player is for sale......unlike Tevez in te summer for example....:whistling:

Edited by smokie36

Whats happening with all this criteria and statistic crap! :annoyed:

:o Pot and kettle mate.....you lot have been banging on for weeks about one particular statistic.....let's hope its history this weekend eh?

Err...i think you are talking about our unbeaten run are you not? or is it our record against your lot? or is it... :rolleyes:

:o Pot and kettle mate.....you lot have been banging on for weeks about one particular statistic.....let's hope its history this weekend eh?

Err...i think you are talking about our unbeaten run are you not? or is it our record against your lot? or is it... :rolleyes:

:clap2::ermm::coffee1:

You lot will be found out before this season is finished.

He fails to spot.....Modric is much more influential to our play than monkey boy......both are fantastic talents mind you......

And neither player is for sale......unlike Tevez in te summer for example....:whistling:

Who says so you and the other two? :lol: just you wait....just you wait old boy....then the house will fall and you will be feeling like Mr Singh :D so enjoy this season while you can.

Err...i think you are talking about our unbeaten run are you not? or is it our record against your lot? or is it...

I remover yer emoticon.....don't wink at me like that I'm warning you.....you should be doing it like this...:blink:

Lucky feckers......you've been riding it for far too long now.....I hope when the wheels come off the engine breaks down as well.

Citeh more hated than your mob?.....It'd take a long time believe me.....

Who says so you and the other two? :lol: just you wait....just you wait old boy....then the house will fall and you will be feeling like Mr Singh :D so enjoy this season while you can.

Bold words for a side riding the coattails of past success and with no money to spend.....but sure if you've got £100m then let's see it. :D

Bold words for a side riding the coattails of past success and with no money to spend.....but sure if you've got £100m then let's see it. :D

We have got BERBATOV ;) ;) ;) ;)

First past the post Carms old son! :D

We have got BERBATOV ;) ;) ;) ;)

Oh aye our plant.....play well for half a season son....get a new fat contract then start hoofing them the wrong side of the post again. Good lad! :D

Man United

Chelsea

Arse

City

T*ttingham

Sunderland

West Ham

WIgan

Wolves

The only hope any of them have in staying up is WBA swapping places with one..

Let the records show that when bragging rights are being claimed in 3 months time, Mr Singh had the benefit of one more day's matches (except for Chelsea) than the rest of us :rolleyes: .I'd like to change to Man U now please :annoyed:.

I'm amazed you posted without blasting the rest of us for football illiteracy Singh - you feeling alright?