Red-Shirt Rally Alert For Bangkok On Sunday

webfact

The red shirts <note lower case), should take a poll to see if any other Thai's support them outside of the ones that show up at a rally. They may find out they are a small minority, and the people of Thailand don't want them, and are very tired of them messing up the lives, and economy, of so many.

many Polls have been done. about 17% for reds 8% for yellows

Did Al Capone care about polls?

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here we go again. Playing gutter politics.Typical of Thaksin and his cronies. I am sick and tired of westerners supporting the Red mob movement. You are either ill informed or totally ignorant. It has nothing to do with the democracy. They are dangerous organisation led by a deluded grandomaniac. They have set up guerila training camps in Cambodia. They developed the network of radio-stations across Thai countryside-Khmer Rouge style, they constantly spread lies, hatred and vitriol.Their aim is to brainwash uneducated and poor masses in the countryside. Exactly the same as Khmer Rouge movement did. Hun Sen, Cambodian PM was one of them. Get real, you left wing liberals and back up Thai government and the rule of Law.

Probably sounds extreme to most, however it is always after the fact we say "oh, that's what was happening, why didn't we bleeding hearts stop them?"

Judging by the scorn and vitriol constantly directed at the Reds by many expats I can only assume that they enjoy priviledged positions amongst the Bangkok elite.

I feel really sorry for the poor sod who could not get into his luxury apartment because the road was blocked. To be deprived of his aircon, hot water, flush toilet, and satellite TV is criminal behaviour by these dastardly miscreants. Lock them up, throw the key away, better yet call in the army to exterminate them.:lol:

And what about the poor sods trying to earn a living? They are the ones that are hurt most.

Or the poor people burned to death when the thugs set fire to Central World. Protest if you like but keep it peaceful.

A nation's culture resides in the hearts and in the soul of its people.

Why do the government keep letting these rallys happen?

Is so that the Red shirts can have a look at see if all the damage they caused is almost fixed? Ahh yes remember that place we burned down!

I think you'll find it's called freedom of expression or just plain freedom !

Freedom is all well and good except when it inconveniences rich folks doing a bit of shopping at Gaysorn or Central World.

I hope an earthquake hits at the same time the reds and yellow gather up there, the ground splits and swallows them all up, and a tsunami comes out of f--ing nowhere and drowns the remaining reds and yellows.

But for all that to happen, there has to be a God in this world.

I suppose none of you have a truck load of fertiliser, fuse and detonator?

Is so that the Red shirts can have a look at see if all the damage they caused is almost fixed? Ahh yes remember that place we burned down!

Freedom is all well and good except when it inconveniences rich folks doing a bit of shopping at Gaysorn or Central World.

II dunno about the rich snobs, but for them, this doesn't inconvenience them at all. They just go elsewhere. But for the poor middle-class folk who earn their bread from their humble shops there, well... you gotta be a real prick to think they don't exist and are not affected.

Are the people who usually shop at Central World really that "rich" ?

Or the people who work there?

Or the people who live in the area?

Or the people who depend upon people living and/or working within the area?

The real cynic in me believes that Central World is being targeted not because of the clientelle they serve, but owing to a vendetta between the red shirt paymaster (who denies he knows the red shirts one minute then very publicly calls into them the next) and the owners of Central World.

Judging by the scorn and vitriol constantly directed at the Reds by many expats I can only assume that they enjoy priviledged positions amongst the Bangkok elite.

I feel really sorry for the poor sod who could not get into his luxury apartment because the road was blocked. To be deprived of his aircon, hot water, flush toilet, and satellite TV is criminal behaviour by these dastardly miscreants. Lock them up, throw the key away, better yet call in the army to exterminate them.:lol:

Please do us a favor and show us any quotes coming from this red demonstration that indicates they are protesting for more opportunity for the poor in this country. Back in April they wanted an immediate disbandment of the current government and stated clearly that NOTHING that there was nothing Abhsist could do to change this position They also refused the offer to hold elections early at the end of last year Now they are gathering for the release of jailed leaders who led them to a slaughter and/or to remember the outcome of their violent and lawless siege of BKK back in April.

Lets not pretend they want anything else then what they clearly state and what their actions clearly show

Please speak up for all the inequality but do yourself a favor and don't pretend these reds speaks for the betterment of Thailand Nor should you hate those who have worked hard to make a good life for themselves or have resentment for this who have been lucky in terms of their wealth.

Edited by Nisa

OR...

causes thousands to lose their jobs and 2,000 businesses to lose billions of baht.

BANGKOK, Jan 12 - The Ratchaprasong Square Trade Association (RSTA) President Chai Srivikorn said

2,088 operators lost 11 billion baht last year due to the mass rally

Chai estimated that 33,000 jobs, mainly in the retail and tourism sectors, could be at risk in the Ratchaprasong area if the protests continued.

To all those who choose to live in BKK. If you can't take the heat move on.

What? If you don't like other people invading, then you should leave?

The protesters are the ones camping out, not those who choose to live there. They are the ones who should move on if the locals can't take the heat, and the army should help them on their way if they refuse and get violent - that's exactly what we saw last year.

bob6023's post highlights the farce of any call for 'democracy' from the Red Shirt movement. A democratic movement would take an opposite stance to this one.

Too bad the Yellows don't pay the poor in BKK to take biweekly trips up north to disrupt the people lives and livelihoods of the northerners. According to the reds they have every right to do this since one of their #1 mantras is "they did so we can do it" and clearly the reds must believe this is a way to get those who oppose them to be more sympathetic to their cause. So, maybe it is time the Yellows went to their villages and apply the same tactics to win over more support.

Please do us a favor and show us any quotes coming from this red demonstration that indicates they are protesting for more opportunity for the poor in this country. Back in April they wanted an immediate disbandment of the current government and stated clearly that NOTHING that there was nothing Abhsist could do to change this position They also refused the offer to hold elections early at the end of last year Now they are gathering for the release of jailed leaders who led them to a slaughter and/or to remember the outcome of their violent and lawless siege of BKK back in April.

Lets not pretend they want anything else then what they clearly state and what their actions clearly show

Please speak up for all the inequality but do yourself a favor and don't pretend these reds speaks for the betterment of Thailand Nor should you hate those who have worked hard to make a good life for themselves or have resentment for this who have been lucky in terms of their wealth.

Very well put, Nisa. The poor farmers as well as the urban poor have a legitimate cause, and I fully support that cause. What I do not support is a counter-elite group of wealthy businessmen and politicians who have hoodwinked those people into believing that they represent anything that will elevate their freedom or quality of life. Can anyone cite even one specific example that the Thaksinistas have provided regarding policies or programmes that would do anything for the people they supposedly represent? All I ever heard from those weeks on Red Stage was vitriol and foul language. I truly feel sorry for those poor people who were duped and have suffered as a result.

I would also suggest that any poster here who defends the Thaksinista/red shirt mob has been equally hoodwinked, but perhaps even more pathetically as they should have the education and means to see through it - much more so than a poor Isaan farming family who had to work hard to feed a family and could not afford the luxury of finishing school, let alone complete their studies at Chiang Mai's elite Montfort College.

To all those who choose to live in BKK. If you can't take the heat move on.

To all those who choose to read posts about the heat in BKK If you can't handle the comments then move on whistling.gif :-)

you think the government is in control?? :lol:

So who is - Shinawatra??

Very well put, Nisa. The poor farmers as well as the urban poor have a legitimate cause, and I fully support that cause. What I do not support is a counter-elite group of wealthy businessmen and politicians who have hoodwinked those people into believing that they represent anything that will elevate their freedom or quality of life. Can anyone cite even one specific example that the Thaksinistas have provided regarding policies or programmes that would do anything for the people they supposedly represent? All I ever heard from those weeks on Red Stage was vitriol and foul language. I truly feel sorry for those poor people who were duped and have suffered as a result.

I would also suggest that any poster here who defends the Thaksinista/red shirt mob has been equally hoodwinked, but perhaps even more pathetically as they should have the education and means to see through it - much more so than a poor Isaan farming family who had to work hard to feed a family and could not afford the luxury of finishing school, let alone complete their studies at Chiang Mai's elite Montfort College.

When the reds first came to town and paraded through the streets last April i was out there taking photos and thought it was great Most people I knew were against the Reds but I was all for what I thought was symbolic of "Power to the People" and all that. I thought it was like the 60's in the US and a sort of "stick it to the man' attitude coming from people who generally had no voice. I really thought it was about equality and bring more opportunity to the poor of this country. Then as events progressed I realized these people where thugs (collectively) and that ALL my beliefs of what I THOUGHT they stood for didn't come from anyone within this group or their leaders. I think a lot of people keep wanting to believe this group represents something it doesn't while there are others who simply hate people with money and power. Part of the problem is that there is no vocal group (political party) out there who is standing up for the rights of the poor in Thailand and in my opinion the one who person whose actions and words seems to indicate a sincere concern for the poor and Thailand as a whole is Abhisit. Unless or until somebody else steps up with better ideas and sincerity for ALL of Thailand then I really think he is the best man for the job. But in no way shape or form am I a yellow shirt and if anything I usually tend to side with the underdog or those without the power.

Freedom of expression - thats right !! Or expressed in another way - burn down buildings and kill people with grenades -

Why did you kill 6,000,000 jews Mr Hitler - "oh Im expressing myself freely!!

Stop hiding behind red shirt clap trap!! Be democratic to 14 million Bangkok citizens for a change!!

Because even this govt. tries to show that it is constitutional democracy.

I think this thread will prove to be a fine example of the intolerance of the expats in Thailand and their total lack of knowledge of how democratic processes are meant to work

This is one of the problems throughout the world today - the guilty have more rights than the innocent - the criminal more than the victime - move on red shirts before 14 million Bangkok citizens arrange a gathering in Issan

Too bad the Yellows don't pay the poor in BKK to take biweekly trips up north to disrupt the people lives and livelihoods of the northerners. According to the reds they have every right to do this since one of their #1 mantras is "they did so we can do it" and clearly the reds must believe this is a way to get those who oppose them to be more sympathetic to their cause. So, maybe it is time the Yellows went to their villages and apply the same tactics to win over more support.

Yellows, and some that are just relatives of yellows, don't fare well at times with the northerners

Taken from ‘Kuan Nam Hai Sai’ by Sarnsom, Opinion Page 5, Naew Na Newspaper, 27 January, 2010

During the administration of Somchai Wongsawat, fully armed red shirts surrounded a home of a leader of a PAD affiliated group in Chiang Mai. His name is Toedsak Jiamkijwattana and he operated a radio station which opposes Thaksin regime.

The unexpected happened. Settha, Toedsak’s father, was driving home when his vehicle was surrounded by the red shirts who proceeded to smash it with wooden and metal clubs. They dragged Settha out of the beat up car, stabbed and slashed him. They unleashed unspeakable malice on him before they shot him dead in the middle of the street.

Edited by Buchholz

Here we go again. Playing gutter politics.Typical of Thaksin and his cronies. I am sick and tired of westerners supporting the Red mob movement. You are either ill informed or totally ignorant. It has nothing to do with the democracy. They are dangerous organisation led by a deluded grandomaniac. They have set up guerila training camps in Cambodia. They developed the network of radio-stations across Thai countryside-Khmer Rouge style, they constantly spread lies, hatred and vitriol.Their aim is to brainwash uneducated and poor masses in the countryside. Exactly the same as Khmer Rouge movement did. Hun Sen, Cambodian PM was one of them. Get real, you left wing liberals and back up Thai government and the rule of Law.

Good for YOU MLADDEN - many of us agree with you!!

Bubba said: Doesn't a free democracy include the rights of groups and individuals to freely express their views without infringing on the rights of others? Which democracy can you think of that would allow 10,000 people to regularly close streets in the centre of the capital, resulting in not only inconvenience and blocked roads, but also loss of income for thousands of others?

EXACTLY!!!!!!! Your "greatest" democracies in the world do not allow large groups to demonstrate anywhere in a city.

Does seem like someone , as posting above, is tunnelsighted...

In answer..... Is not France a great democracy ??? The riots in Paris streets in the past couple weeks.

Is not Britain a great democracy> The riots in London Streets by the students in the past couple weeks.

Not to even bring up those of years ago.

I would submit that the poster of the above statement has not done their homework. ....or is using a highly personalized use of words and their interpretation. In other words bunk and BS.

I think you need to do YOUR homework - those riots were to achieve specific aims - NOT to bring back a deposed criminal dictator!!

Here we go again.

This leave all of us wondering what is the aim of all these rallies? and mostly, why the heck is the gov't doing nothing.

Now we've go both side doing monthly rallies in the heart of Bangkok, wrecking the already fatally bad economy for business in the area.

Totally FUBARed.

I would guess it is to give information and make speeches since their radio. tv stations and websites are still closed by government.

GOOD - otherwise wed have to listen to more violence and lies to bring back an exiled criminal to buy themn another pig for the farm!!

Because even this govt. tries to show that it is constitutional democracy.

I think this thread will prove to be a fine example of the intolerance of the expats in Thailand and their total lack of knowledge of how democratic processes are meant to work

Doesn't a free democracy include the rights of groups and individuals to freely express their views without infringing on the rights of others? Which democracy can you think of that would allow 10,000 people to regularly close streets in the centre of the capital, resulting in not only inconvenience and blocked roads, but also loss of income for thousands of others?

Ever been in France ?

There it is constitutionally hard to stop them, not so most other places.

But yes I must agree the FO, CGT, CFDT, CFTC, Viannet, Blondel et al have taken union action

way beyond what is reasonable in a modern society

...........and what of the retarded Farang Issan farmer wannabees who found their wives in bars and will do anything to stay with their first girlfriend ever - what should we do with them - What should we do with the plastic English teachers whove just finished a Tefl coiurse and can now spell Shinawatra for the first time - what about the hippy miscreants who dont fit into their own societies - maybe the same as the two idiots who appeared on the stage in Rachaprasong spouting hatred about something they dont even have a part in!! Ive SEEN the Farang in Thailand - I know the sort that support red shirts an theyre NOT PRETTY!!

...........and what of the retarded Farang Issan farmer wannabees who found their wives in bars and will do anything to stay with their first girlfriend ever - what should we do with them - What should we do with the plastic English teachers whove just finished a Tefl coiurse and can now spell Shinawatra for the first time - what about the hippy miscreants who dont fit into their own societies - maybe the same as the two idiots who appeared on the stage in Rachaprasong spouting hatred about something they dont even have a part in!! Ive SEEN the Farang in Thailand - I know the sort that support red shirts an theyre NOT PRETTY!!

Nisa. Firstly I am not sure who "US" is, do I assume you represent a large group of people. Then I am not averse to criticism of the Reds and their ideology, it is the tone of such criticism I find offensive. Both the agenda and philosophy of the Reds and the yellows are evolving. I am sure both groups in retrospect can see where they have gone wrong. So to lambast either for past events is I think counterproductive.

Bubba.Policies and programs from the Reds are no more substantial or apparent than from the Abhisit government, even the Thai media is starting to notice this. I am far from hoodwinked, what a supercilious comment, perhaps the boot is on the other foot. Neither am I pathetic, do you make a habit of throwing insults around? I have had a very good education, thank you very much, I can see the sham and selfishness of just about all Thai politicians, irregardless of their colour. Perhaps you have been fooled by Abhisit's Oxford degree, I am not impressed. What is interesting is that many of poor who work hard to feed a family are also not impressed with his empty rhetoric, but then they feel the same about the Red rhetoric. It seems to me that neither Reds, Yellows or Democrats truly represent what the downtrodden and poor are thinking.