Visa For Thai Wife

Hi All,

Newbie here, wanting information on applying for a settlement visa for my Thai wife. I plan to marry in Thailand in April and submit a visa application at that time, complete with marriage certificate.

I've read some of the articles in the Forum concerning visas, but really need an idiot-proof guide to the process. I don't want to use an agent, as I'm of above average intelligence and can write my own name

(not in crayon). This topic has probably been covered dozens of times before, I just need someone to point me to the relevant string and replies.

Many thanks for your help.

pac4155

Sorry, now you know why I need an idiot's guide! It's the UK I need help with, already downloaded the spouse visa application form from the UK Border Agency website.

Any advice/assistance greatly appreciated.

pac4155

First thing i would say, It would be better if you said which country you wish the visa for.

as different rules apply to each country.

Regards

Pat

The following 2 links will take you to the guidance issued to Entry Clearance Officers; the people who make the actual decision on applications.

Maintenance and accommodation

SET03 - Spouses

Also the following should be useful to you.

Settlement - visa application guide

New English language requirement for visa applicants coming to join partners in the UK

Tuberculosis testing for applicants visiting the UK for longer than 6 months

For where and how to apply, fees etc. see the Official UK visa application website in Thailand.

Once you've read through that lot, if you've any questions feel free to ask.

BTW, I've amended the topic title to show that you are asking about the UK.