Opera Browser

Highwayman

The Opera browser normally comes with advertising unless you pay USD39 for the ad free version. :D

Opera Software is temporarily offering the paid version of its browser for free, as part of its 10th anniversary celebration. :o

Complimentary registration codes for Opera 8 are being given away until midnight Tuesday. The license is good for the life of that particular browser.

I still prefer Firefox but Opera is a decent browser, very quick compared to IE, even better if you can get it without the advertising strip. :D

Free registration code :D

//edit changed to the direct link so there isn't a redirect

Edited by mattnich

Great, I've got three computers with Opera, and three codes in a matter of minutes - they don't seem to mind if you use the same machine to ask for codes repeatedly.

They might be offering their software for free for a while in order to increase visibility. In terms of marketshare, they seem to lag far behind IE and Firefox.

Maybe I see why there was a redirect.

from the Opera Website, that your redirect took me to:

No more free drinks!Cheers guys, it was a blast! Millions of people (literally) got their free registration code at our party, but the offer is now over.

But don't despair - you can still get Opera for free by joining our affiliate program. Just put an Opera-button on your webpage, get 250 people to click it, and you're home free!

There are two main part to a browser - the "engine" that actually fetches the info off the Internet, processes and displays it, and the "shell" that makes it all look nice on your monitor.

Many browsers share the same engine, ie IE or Mozilla based. Opera isn't one of them. While Firefox's engine might be modern, open source, and this and that, it isn't better than Opera's in any way.

As for shells - IE has got the worst imaginable, Firefox is ok, but Opera had all those things ages ago. I've been using it for years now and when I downloaded Firefox I just didn't see what all the fuss was about - it's great if you used IE all your life, but for Opera users it's nothing at all.

And it has integrated e-mail client - not a separate program like Outlook or Thunderbird.

Registered all three of my Operas.

Thanks again.