Aeroflot Business Class Anyone?

tartempion

I hold Etihad gold and usually fly business class with them, but at 2400 euro to Europe this year (paid 1500 in 2009, 2000 in 2010) looking around.

Found Aeroflot over Moskow at 1700 euro, see they fly Airbus A330/300 and have "cocoon business class seats"

Has anyone flown them and are they any good?

From what I've heard Aeroflot is ok internationally but within Russia, well forget about it.

I flew with then once about 15 years ago, whole different story back then, old planes, etc.

The pictures posted above look pretty modern to me.

I flew into Bangkok with Lufthansa recently via Frankfurt and there were appeared to be lots numbers of Russians on the plane.

Edited by ukrules

We flew Aeroflot in August to Uk. We were upgraded to business class free of charge. Problem was we were delayed 24 hours cuz the aircraft had a problem with the flaps. They flew in a replacement plane next day. The flight itself was great. New aircraft.. excellent service with great food. Staff were nice but not over bearing. The real problems started when we reached Moscow. The staff at the transit desk were rude and totally unhelpful. Everyone was complaining. When we arrived it was over 30 degrees and no aircon in the arrival terminal. We also had to change terminals. You won't believe the security checks we had to go through. Again the immigration staff and security staff were very rude. There were lines of people everywhere. When we finally arrived at the terminal for our London flight the queues were horrendous for more security and immigration checks. We were lucky in the end to get to the gate on time for our flight. It was just the same on the return journey. Would I fly Aeroflot again? Yes without doubt. Would I fly Areoflot via Moscow??? NEVER IN A MILLION YEARS.

If you are Etihad Gold, don't even bother trying to save a few baht with SU you will be let down. Their pax mix is alot of families for some reason and the food is awful. I heard they will swap the a330 for a B767 on the route. I get the etihad newsletter for LOS and they recently had a special promo, I checked it out on their .th site vs global and it was a bit cheaper.

It's always nice to get some valid input from someone who has actually flown the route. Since they are now SkyTeam members, you can guarantee their international service is totally different from their Soviet-era days.

However, Sheremetyevo is the worst of the two Moscow airports and unfortunately SkyTeam partners like KLM use that rather than the more popular Domodedovo, served by BA and Luftwaffe. As stated, if interlining on the same carrier or partner airline and on-time, the transit should be no worse than others. Aeroflot and SkyTeam partners should be moving to the brand new terminal D early this year.

However, airport changes are a total nightmare compounded by arcane immigration regulations on transit. And yes, ground staff can be rather surly and unhelpful but I have found once they suss out your not a belligerent local and you keep it civil, they will do what's requested. Smiles are totally optional!

Edited by NanLaew

However, Sheremetyevo is the worst of the two Moscow airports and unfortunately SkyTeam partners like KLM use that rather than the more popular Domodedovo, served by BA and Luftwaffe. As stated, if interlining on the same carrier or partner airline and on-time, the transit should be no worse than others.

Luftwaffe ? Didn't they change the name or something back in the 30's or 40's ?

Transitting Moscow was a nightmare! Try to find a pay phone in the terminal! Besides, the people at the immigration and transit desks were the rudest you can encounter! Never again for me! Gonna be a lovely World Cup with this attitude!

Hi Tartempion,

Here some pictures of the seats on their A330's both 200 and 300.

Looking nice but angled flat seats.

However sheremeteyevo is a dump.

Hope to have helped

Yermanee

The same as the newer Thai Airways seats except for the colour.

If you are Etihad Gold, don't even bother trying to save a few baht with SU you will be let down.

euro 2400 versus euro 1700 is more than a few baht :rolleyes:

Cattle class is no longer for me and Egypt Airways business class is something from 30 years ago.

Thus Aeroflot brand new A330/300 at 1700 is an option

SVO seems to be the problem indeed, flights from Bangkok don't depart/arive at the new terminal D yet.

see review at http://www.airlinequ...t_forum/svo.htm

I do get the crappy emails from EY though: if you have not flown EY business class over the last 12 months you will get double miles, very thoughtful for existing customers who did fly business class recently....

Besides the crappy answers style "I rather die than fly Aeroflot" not many BM have experienced this airline, 5555

l will give EY some time to offer a better price, say 2000 would be OK, won't hold my breath though....

Edited by tartempion

euro 2400 versus euro 1700 is more than a few baht :rolleyes:

Indeed, but don't forget that in 2009 the Euro was 50 baht against 40 now.

So the price hike is influenced by the exchange value big time.

There's also Oman Air at 86.000 Baht now that's 2.150 Euro. There the onboard comfort is even better than etihad, and Muscat Airport is heaven compared to SVO.

I've flown Oman as recent as december 2010 (just before the weather havoc) and can vouch for their onboard service being excellent. plus it's A330 all the way.

I'm also balking at the prices of Etihad and Qatar, (I guess there following Emirates example), but I will not fly Egyptair or Aeroflot.

Good luck

Yermanee