Where Is The Best Pizza Here In Cm?

kevbap

Hi again, many thanks for all the 'Buffet' suggestions, which i will start eating my way through as of next week, and reporting back on my post! but for now, after all that Thai food and spices, I need something non-spicy! so its got to be Pizza, i have heard mad dog's is a decent place and pretty good food?

Any more options on Pizza's in Chiang Mai?????

Kevin

The experts will be along shortly.....is the OP looking for New York (Manhattan, Bronx & Staton Island too), San Francisco up hill or down dale, Lower Naples, Rome south side, Phrae - thick, thin, cheesy, no cheese, spicy not spicy....no crust at all etc?

They are all out there....believe me.

Used to love The Guitarman's pizzas (haven't been there for a while) - also Happy Pizza (Ban Wan Tan turn off of Hang Dong Rd - just past Macro same side). I prefer the Italian type pizza than the pizza hut style, so this weighs my selection.

The experts will be along shortly.....is the OP looking for New York (Manhattan, Bronx & Staton Island too), San Francisco up hill or down dale, Lower Naples, Rome south side, Phrae - thick, thin, cheesy, no cheese, spicy not spicy....no crust at all etc?

They are all out there....believe me.

:licklips: Except for Italian it sucks. Warm wet cardboard with ketchup.:bah:

The Dukes. Second to none.:licklips:

You should enter one of those 'finger on the button quizzes' whistling.gif

However, I agree with you on Dukes........Mad Dog is OK.

For non-Italian, not super-thin crust, but rather the thicker, more 'American' style:

Dukes, Mad Dog, Guitarman, Pizza and Pasta, Eight Inch, Babylon. I hear that the pizza at Noi's Cuisine is pretty good, and the UN Irish is ok on a good night...

Here is a link to a poll done 3 years ago about pizza in CM:

Pizza poll

Koh Lanta has great pizzas that are wood fired in a brick oven. Best pizza in town. Map on their website:

http://www.kohlantapizza.com/location.html

-Mestizo

Koh Lanta gets a thumbs up from me as well. Their pizza's are excellent. The chicken lasagna is also very good as are the salads. Best to call and place your order 30-40 minutes in advance of getting there; either for dining or take-out. The owner does all the cooking himself and at times the wait can be 45 minutes or more for your food!

I also like the Dukes pizza. I've tried most (not all) of the Italian owned places and each place has disappointed me; particularly the one in the Nimmanhaeman area that begins with a B!

For a really good, original italian-style pizza I would recommend a small place called "Viva Pizza". The owner (and chef) is Thai but has lived in Italy for many years, so you get the real deal. Pasta is great too. It´s located between CM Saloon and the Reaggae-Bars. Whenever I need my regular pizza-/pasta-fix I go there.

As someone who's lived in Italy, I think there is little here that comes close to real Italian pizza. The only consistently good one I've tried is Rustica in Punna Place of Nimmanheminda (where the Power House Gym is). Little place that only does Pizza (and recently some German sausage), nice touch is the section in the menu destructing many of the myths about Pizza. They do a Porcini and Garlic which is to die for. I only hope it survives as never see too many people there.

And they manage that in a conventional (Non wood) oven too.

IMHO the Dukes is about as far from Italian Pizza as Italy is from America! Not to say it's bad, just not Italian and not for me.

Koh Lanta I didn't rate, maybe 5 out of 10, but haven't been in ages. Also, not bad is Girasole. Tried Stefano's once a few years back - never been back - nuff said. Also, the now defunct place who's name escapes me on the river near the superhighway never impressed either, though some of the regular food was good.

I liked Guitarman's pizza but can't comment further without declaring an interest :whistling:

As someone who's lived in Italy, I think there is little here that comes close to real Italian pizza. The only consistently good one I've tried is Rustica in Punna Place of Nimmanheminda (where the Power House Gym is).

That is interesting as I would describe Rustica as an American pizza which is pretty good "for Thailand", but would not be up to much back home.

I really, really love the pizza and pasta at "8 Inch" Italian restaurant. It used to be on Huay Gaew Road, but a couple of months ago it moved to the riverside area, directly across the street from the big pink teahouse called Vieng Joom On. All their food is delicious; it's Italian with a Thai twist (ok that sounds weird, but I promise it's really good!) The restaurant name comes from the size of their pizzas, which are just perfect for one person. Crust is extremely thin and is whole-wheat, though I think you can get regular crust too. Price is reasonable too, ranging from 120-160 baht. I find both their pizzas and pastas to be a bit drier than most Italian food. It all depends on your personal taste, of course, but I don't usually like the type of Italian food that is thick and creamy, where you can feel your arteries hardening with every bite! ;) Highly recommended.

As for Koh Lanta pizza, I have to say 2 thumbs down on that one. I find their pizza to be soggy, with toppings that just aren't very good quality. But they do have free delivery, which is nice.