Best British Tv Series

auf Wiedersehen, Ballykissangel, Crocodile Shoes, Doc Martin, downton abbey, foyles war, george gently, Identity, Judge John Deed, Life on mars, murphys law, shameless, spooks, strike back, the tudors, turn back time, whitechapel,

Classics:

I recently downloaded all the Fawlty Towers: stand up well to the passage of time. And there's Only Fools and Horses for period drama.

I'm currently watching Thame TV's World at War: every episode begins with the Thames TV logo and jingle and after thirty years all I can hear is "Here-They-Are-Now...More-cambe-And-Wise" to the jingle :)

Rome (BBC/HBO) was a great series, and The Tudors was watchable.

Being Human just started it's third series. At the same time the US 're-imagining' has just started series one. Interesting to see the (small) changes made for the US market.

QI: a show that has never been mooted for US adaptation :rolleyes: Just don't believe everything they tell you (remember Stephen Fry is a Mac user).

Apart from University Challenge and an occasional Horizon I stick mostly to Radio 4 and Radio 7 on iPlayer. Radio 7 often has radio adaptations of classic TV like Dad's Army and Steptoe and Son and you can stream BBC radio here without needing a VPN/proxy.

1) Life on Mars:

I recently watched 'Life On Mars' (UK version) and found it quite excellent. I especially enjoyed the 70's throwbacks and some of 'Gene Hunts' one-liners...

2) Ashes to Ashes:

Life On Mars only aired for 2 series but split off into 'Ashes to Ashes' based in 1981 (rather than 1973 in Life on Mars), again with excellent throwbacks this time to the 80's...

It's a shame they did not continue Life on Mars beyond 2 series - I suspect it will reach 'cult status'...

3) Torchwood - Scifi - Interesting

4) Inbetweeners - too funny

5) Peep Sho

6) The League of Gentlemen

7) An Idiot Abroad

8) The IT Crowd

9) Spooks (MI5)

Good New USA Series:

1) Board Walk

2) The Event

3) Hawaii Five-0

4) Flash forward (discontinued after season 1)

5) 24 Season 8

6) Criminal Minds Season 5

7) Nikita

8) Las Vegas Season 5+

Edited by richard_smith237

Sppoks, Law and Order:UK, Accused (only 8 episodes, but good), Garrow's law, Merlin, New Tricks, Ashes to Ashes, Kingdom, QI, Wild at Heart, Life on Mars, Murphy's Law.

US ones still running: House, Lie to Me, Leverage (just finished this season), Defenders, Chuck, Vampire Diaries (kids like it, but its OK), White Collar, Warehouse 13, Sanctuary (no idea why I watch WH13 and Sanctuary - just do!), Big Bang Theory.

Edited by wolf5370

The Fall and Rise of Reginald Perrin.

Really captured the zeitgeist of the mod to late 1970s.

Just why they had to re-make it so badly I can not fathom out.

Doctor Who (the first 5 incarnations)

All Creatures Great and Small. Just lovely TV.

I did`t get where I am today without watching `The rise and fall of Reggie Perrin ` ! but today , its either ` League of Gentlemen , Black Adder` or `Inbetweeners`.

I like the celebrity panel quiz shows:

Nevermind the Buzzcocks

QI

Have I Got News For You

8 out of 10 cats

Mock the Week

Same here, it's like watching 5 stand-ups at once.:lol:

Shame Frankie Boyle left Mock the Week, 'Tramadol Nights' is a bit too much sometimes.:blink:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KY_57Q8WDBc&feature=related

Shameless.:lol:

A bit of Fry & Laurie.

The Office & Little Britain..

Come Fly with Me.B)