Motorcycling South East Thailand

jackliveswhere

Hey,

I've been living in Thailand for the past 5 years but have only relocated to Pattaya in the last few months and spend a lot of time away at work so haven't got to know the area well as of yet.

I've recently bought another Ducati and am wanting to go for a ride for a day or two when I get back in March.

Anyone know any good roads to ride in the south east area?

I guess that you mean Southern Isaan and East of Pattaya

I did do some nice bike rides near the Cambodian border about 10 years ago, but can't remember specific places. I believe that Yasothon and Roi- et were quite good.

Best rides are Mountainous regions in Northern Isaan in my opinion, Loei in particular, if I remember correctly, but way outside your area.

I want to do a trip over the border to cambodia, need to understand what's required taking a bike over, I know you need green book etc but what about cars needing temp number plates is it same for bikes

I travel 2-3 times a week to a beach just past Ban Phe, fantastic spot.

I think there are a few peeps have sport bikes looking for day trips etc, maybe we should have a meet somewhere soon.

Edited by smedly

Good advice.

Stick to the beach road. Many years ago I used to ride the 344 back to Chon Buri.

Today the heavy trucks have done their work but still able to do some fast runs on it.

When new speeds of 250 kph were very doable cresting a hill with good viz.

250 ha --my seat diesel will do that--------------on the m6 mind you

Good advice.

Stick to the beach road. Many years ago I used to ride the 344 back to Chon Buri.

Today the heavy trucks have done their work but still able to do some fast runs on it.

i didnt know there was a 1 in 6 hill on the m6, lol

Good advice.

your seat is doing about 10% less actually, speedo's always read high so more like 225 :whistling:

Edited by smedly