Non Imm Type O Is Finished - Anywhere Local?

A single entry gives 90 days and can be extended for 12 months if you qualify.

Or

60 days to visit your Children.

okay what do i need for qualify to extend it ?

have 2 thai kids.

not married.

not over 50+ year.

not working.

have 300+ in thai bank at the moment.

have house in Thai girlfriends name.

I was thinking about extend same like a tourist visa 90 days can be entended for 30 days in Thai immigration.

dont know its possibel or not for a 3 months NON "o" visa giving for support/stay live with my kids and family here.

the 60 days you talk about is it when i extend my 3 months NON "O" visa inside Thailand ?

Two choices.

From Police order 777/2551

2.18 In the case of a family member of a Thai(applicable only to parents, spouse, child, adopted child or child of his/her spouse):

Permission will be granted for a period of not more than 1 year at a time.

(1) The alien has obtained a temporary visa (NON-IM)

(2) Proof of family relationship

(3) In the case of a spouse, the marital relationship shall be dejure (legitimate) and de facto;

(4) In the case of a child, adopted child or child of his/her spouse, the said person must not be married, must be living with the family, and must be less than 20 years of age; or

(5) In the case of a parent, one of parents must have an average annual income of not less than 40,000 baht per month or a money deposit of not less than 400,000 baht for expenses within a year.

(6) In case of marriage with a Thai lady, the husband who is an alien must have an average annual income of not less than 40,000 baht per month or a money deposit in a local Thai bank of not less than 400,000 baht for the past 2 months for expenses within a year.

Note: Two months first extension after that 3 months

2.24 In the case of an alien visiting a Thai spouse or child:

Permission will be granted for a period of not more than 60 days at a time.

(1) Proof of relationship.

(2) In the case of a spouse, their marital relationship shall be de jure (legitimate) and de facto.

Edited by PoorSucker

Two choices.

From Police order 777/2551

2.18 In the case of a family member of a Thai(applicable only to parents, spouse, child, adopted child or child of his/her spouse):

Permission will be granted for a period of not more than 1 year at a time.

(1) The alien has obtained a temporary visa (NON-IM)

(2) Proof of family relationship

(3) In the case of a spouse, the marital relationship shall be dejure (legitimate) and de facto;

(4) In the case of a child, adopted child or child of his/her spouse, the said person must not be married, must be living with the family, and must be less than 20 years of age; or

(5) In the case of a parent, one of parents must have an average annual income of not less than 40,000 baht per month or a money deposit of not less than 400,000 baht for expenses within a year.

(6) In case of marriage with a Thai lady, the husband who is an alien must have an average annual income of not less than 40,000 baht per month or a money deposit in a local Thai bank of not less than 400,000 baht for the past 2 months for expenses within a year.

Note: Two months first extension after that 3 months

2.24 In the case of an alien visiting a Thai spouse or child:

Permission will be granted for a period of not more than 60 days at a time.

(1) Proof of relationship.

(2) In the case of a spouse, their marital relationship shall be de jure (legitimate) and de facto.

Thank you PoorSucker for this info.

i still dont know if its possibel to get a 30 days extension in the immigration office here in Thailand, if i get a NON "O" 3 months visa with single entry.

same as they can give for the tourist visa , extend 30 days.

i still dont know if its possibel to get a 30 days extension in the immigration office here in Thailand, if i get a NON "O" 3 months visa with single entry.

No you can not get 30 days, you will get 60 days for same price using rule 2.24

No you can not get 30 days, you will get 60 days for same price using rule 2.24

Hey PoorSucker

so i can go get 60 days extension on my NON "o" 3 months. visa single entry and inside immigration office here in Thailand ex. Korat ?

when my 3 months visa is near expire if i use rule 2.24 ?

any one know what paper i have to fill out, they have a paper number or something like TM.7 for Tourist Visa to extend.

Not sure about the Thai visa system not being crazy - surely having a regular outside income, a long established and sustainable business outside of Thailand, and no criminal or other record or dependency would be better sub 50 than over 50 years old with a very small pension, or like many i know - with nothing, just a Thai wife and trying to make a few bahthere and there in her name?

Edited by stevet

Not sure about the Thai visa system not being crazy - surely having a regular outside income, a long established and sustainable business outside of Thailand, and no criminal or other record or dependency would be better sub 50 than over 50 years old with a very small pension, or like many i know - with nothing, just a Thai wife and trying to make a few bahthere and there in her name?

Not sure about the relative merits of young vs. old but I believe the logic behind the retirement extension is that retirees don't compete in the labour market, they just bring money from overseas and spend it. You could reasonably argue that in your situation you're doing the same thing (spending your overseas income in Thailand) but the existing immigration regulations don't make specific allowances for you and the many other folks in a similar situation. However, Thailand is not that different from other countries in this regard - try immigrating to the US, UK or Australia with the justification that you have an established business in another country and you just want to chill with your girlfriend. Unless that established business is substantial or one was committing to invest heavily in a new business in your adopted country, I'm guessing one wouldn't have much luck.

Not sure about the relative merits of young vs. old but I believe the logic behind the retirement extension is that retirees don't compete in the labour market, they just bring money from overseas and spend it. You could reasonably argue that in your situation you're doing the same thing (spending your overseas income in Thailand) but the existing immigration regulations don't make specific allowances for you and the many other folks in a similar situation. However, Thailand is not that different from other countries in this regard - try immigrating to the US, UK or Australia with the justification that you have an established business in another country and you just want to chill with your girlfriend. Unless that established business is substantial or one was committing to invest heavily in a new business in your adopted country, I'm guessing one wouldn't have much luck.

Well, not sure how many people aged 50 get to retire these days - it's 20 years beneath most of us, and in most "western" countries it's the other way around - as older people can easilly become a state burden - and I remember a Thai Visa headline a week or 2 back about elderly farang not being able to pay their hospital bills... but I hope 50 isn't old, or we're all doomed...

Either way, the ever-changing and confusing situation does little to attract tourism, foreign invesetors - oh, and as for chilling - I average 10-14 hours a day of work, every day (behind a computer or elsewhere - worldwide), and the girlfriend runs her long established biz in a similar way, ahh, ohh to be a kept man (state or girlfriend ;))

It is what it is, but I think we all know they don't help themselves - charge more for a visa by all means..

Spending Laos Aviation and tourism money every few weeks it is ;)

Let them profffit from the backpackers ;(