Palm Oil Trees

James53

Does anybody know about planting palm oil trees, density, any special conditions or care. I have been been advised by my solicitor to plant trees on some company owned development land to demonstrate that the land is in use. The land is up for sale but may take some while in the present climate. I don't ever expect to harverst anything but who knows.The land is in Ranong. Anything else that I might consider. I assume rubber trees need more attention, may be not.

James 53........Palm oil trees , plant 22 to 25 per rai. Use seedlings and you will get oil in about 4 years. Palm oil better than rubber , less work, more money. Rubber you only get crop for about 8 months ( i think) but with palm oil you cut every 20 days all year. Are you going to buy the land and how much.

Good luck its a good investment, price of oil going up because of a world shortage. I do'nt know where you can get seedlings around Ranong, but there are a couple of very good nurseries between Suratthani and Don sak on the main road.

I'm in Ranong, La-Un to be exact. Folks here go to Chumpon and Surat Thani I believe. Keep an eye open on highway 41. The trees planted are about 2 years old.

OK Mosha, next time i do a visa run to Kaw Thaung, i will stop and have a look, cannot find La Un on my map, but will keep an eye open. How far from Suratthani ?

For me it's about 240km acording to Google Earth. La-Un, depending on where you are approaching Ranong from. If from Chumphon then over the bridge at Khao Fa Chi (or Sam Sip as the locals call it), then turn left. Or in Ranong, go past the springs at Raksawarin park

For me it's about 240km acording to Google Earth. La-Un, depending on where you are approaching Ranong from. If from Chumphon then over the bridge at Khao Fa Chi (or Sam Sip as the locals call it), then turn left. Or in Ranong, go past the springs at Raksawarin park

OK Mosha................I am from either KS or Suratthani.