Good News ! ! !

ThePunPun

Things seem to be looking up, " maybe "

Yes i know its supposed to be the busy season, but there seems to be a little upturn in tourism and the hosp. business , especially in the past couple weeks.

For the last few days there have been literally dozens of the huge tour busses going down my street. Don't know if they are empty or what but they are going. Possibly only or mostly Thai people on holiday for the Chinese New Year , but there do seem to be more people in any event

I hope that it translates to better business for all those concerned

G

Agreed. Things are on the up and up...phew! Baring any more political shenanigans, we may all do alright this year. About time too; the past year and a half has not been great fun for most businesses I know, mine including. But looking at the new projects, businesses and investments going on in Chiang Mai right now, the signs are positive. Hoorah.

Did you read the Bangkok Post today?

MSPain

Agreed. Things are on the up and up...phew! Baring any more political shenanigans, we may all do alright this year. About time too; the past year and a half has not been great fun for most businesses I know, mine including. But looking at the new projects, businesses and investments going on in Chiang Mai right now, the signs are positive. Hoorah.

You may have to wait till next year. Those tour busses are almost certainly connected with the CMU graduation. It would be a good time to sell sticky plaster for sore feet. All the pretty new graduates walking miles in their high high heels showing off their Harry Potter Cape. Only time in their lives they walk voluntarily.

Let them enjoy it, they have all worked for it despite all the comments about everyone passes.

MSPain

What was the article in the Bangkok Post about?:unsure:

Edited by gotlost

Rumored meeting of high ranking military people. You can look at Bangkok Post online. It is far to often that misleading news is reported to gain exposure.

Then, also, if a group wanted to gain attention, when things are looking up, show that the "opposition" cannot keep things safe is what to do it.

MSPain

MSPain

What was the article in the Bangkok Post about?:unsure:

What "a normal people " these days ??

More tourists

More money spent in the area

filters through All levels of society

everybody benefits

even normal people!

Be happy.

:D

Why is more tourism a good thing? Generally speaking, I mean. If you run a hotel or bar or something then I can understand, but for normal people?

Why is more tourism a good thing? Generally speaking, I mean. If you run a hotel or bar or something then I can understand, but for normal people?

I am a normal people, and if you doubt it, just ask me.

And as an American, I vote for those things that I imagine are profitable for me without regard to others or society at large. As a famous publicist for the American Revolution said, "I know not what others may say, but as for me, give me liver trees or give you debt."

Thus, although I dislike the traffic delays caused by tourists and their pasty appearance and shabby dress code and manners (here, I speak of night time alpha hotels), if they patronize any businesses I like - just so much as to keep them afloat for another year but not so much that prices go up - I'm for tourism.

For the rest, I am indifferent and would rather avoid mobs though, as I don't participate, I certainly do not mind at all and rather favor the idea of them overpaying Thai citizens on the Night Market and anywhere else they can. Anything they do to trickle down to the people without the middle-profiteer seems like a good idea. I tell all visitors that it is the custom to tip worker people 15%, in fact (not their bosses or companies, of course). Thus, certain tourism is worthwhile, I feel. And some of us miss the departed businesses, a bit.